1.    #1  
    I downloaded Facebook for Palm web OS a few days ago, and it's almost taken over my Pre! It downloaded all of my Facebook "friends" into my Contacts without asking for verification. How do I get the app to stop doing this? I checked under its Preferences, and the only thing I could change was my account log in and how often the Pre checks for updates.

Also, for the friends I actually had in my Pre Contacts before Facebook downloaded everything else, Facebook has gone and changed the photos I selected as those friends' Contact photos. For example, I have a nice professional head shot of my husband selected in Contacts for his work and cell numbers. When he calls me from work now, that nice photo doesn't show up... the silly one that is currently his Facebook profile photo shows up! And worse, when he calls from his cell, the photo that shows up is that of my 7 year old, because my husband opened a Facebook account for our son using his cell phone number!

I tried using the Community Help area of Facebook to see how to delete my husband's cell # from my son's account, so that this way, when my husband calls me from his cell, at least I see his photo, even if it's the stupid one. Nobody at Facebook could tell me how to do this, and I spent an hour going through all the account, privacy, and application settings and the profile information on my son's account and I could NOT find the danged phone number. So it seems that it's the Facebook web OS app that needs to be customized so it stops pulling profile photos and replacing those in my Contacts area.

Can anyone please help? I can't begin to describe how annoyed I am that by installing Facebook on my Pre, I've given Facebook permission to take over my other applications and replace my preferences in those other apps!
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    synergy at its finest!

Go to contacts and the preferences and accounts. Remove your Facebook account from the contacts. This should remove all of the contacts. Right now its all or none with Facebook contacts. To be honest it doesn't bother me as i always use universal search to find contacts, so I never have a long list to search through.... The avatars are being replaced to reflect their Facebook one...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    As for the pictures that are coming up, if you want the professional-looking picture to come up when your husband calls, go into his contact profile and select the profile with that picture to be the Primary. That will make any picture associated with that profile the default caller id pic. You can do this with any profile.
    I wouldn't worry about Facebook pulling in all of your contacts. The worst thing that happens is that the pre won't recognize one of those contact as the same as the contact you have stored in your phone, so you have to link them together. Really, it's pretty slick when you get used to it. And like mrloserpunk said, with universal search you don't have to go through all of your contacts in order to call/email/text them. Just start typing their name and it pops right up.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4.    #4  
    I think that did it! Thanks, MrLoserPunk! I did first try the route suggested by Morrison, but once I went into my husband's contact profile, selected the photo, and closed the entry, it went immediately right back to being my son's photo. So... Facebook is out of there! Besides the weird thing with my husband's photo, I didn't need a good three dozen people in my contact listing who are friends only because we play online games together!!
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------