1.    #1  
    I am looking for recomendations for a better contact and calendar app for the Pre. I admit that I am addicted to my Treo/Palm Desktop combination, so that colors my expectations. I like the concept of Synergy, but most of my data is in one system not scattered around multiple accounts and there are no real ways to categorize that data on the stock Pre apps.

I have something like 1,000 contacts. Universal search is nice, but I really need to be able to find categories of similar/related contacts. Similarly, I typically have a dozen or more calendar entries per day, I need to be able to color code them by cateogries like work, personal, travel, etc. Setting up repeating calendar events is also huge!

I have poked through the app catalog and seen the sites for a couple of products, but I am really looking for insight from users. Tell me what you are using and what you like and dislike about it. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoseman View Post
    I am looking for recomendations for a better contact and calendar app for the Pre. I admit that I am addicted to my Treo/Palm Desktop combination, so that colors my expectations. I like the concept of Synergy, but most of my data is in one system not scattered around multiple accounts and there are no real ways to categorize that data on the stock Pre apps.

I have something like 1,000 contacts. Universal search is nice, but I really need to be able to find categories of similar/related contacts. Similarly, I typically have a dozen or more calendar entries per day, I need to be able to color code them by cateogries like work, personal, travel, etc. Setting up repeating calendar events is also huge!

I have poked through the app catalog and seen the sites for a couple of products, but I am really looking for insight from users. Tell me what you are using and what you like and dislike about it. Thanks!
    Using Google Calendar you can categorize. It's as easy as creating one calendar for each category, and set a color for each calendar in your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoseman View Post

Are you asking about a PIM for your phone, or your PC?
    I know what you mean JRoseman. I used Agendus (from Iambic) on my Treo. It was a great PIM application. On the home screen, it gave me many essential pieces of information for that day, such as upcoming meetings, tasks, recent emails, and most anything I might want to add.

Iambic has chosen to forego WebOS and I really miss it on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Super Contacts allows you to categorize your contacts. Beware though, if you need to reset your Pre (like I did) you lose all of those categories. I notice that Super Contact has has a few updates since I used it last and maybe there is a way to back up you categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by tallarob View Post
    Super Contacts allows you to categorize your contacts. Beware though, if you need to reset your Pre (like I did) you lose all of those categories. I notice that Super Contact has has a few updates since I used it last and maybe there is a way to back up you categories.
    There is an application backup app in Preware that may support it. If not, you can PM the developer and they can often add support for additional apps that you want them to back up.
  7.    #7  
    Phone. I will give up my desktop client or use Echo. What do you think of a web based replacement for Palm desktop....then you get the best of both worlds...easy PC based editing and a better backup for things like categories.