Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    NOT a gamer, but did buy "What's For Dinner Premium". Y'all have fun.
    bought the following so far:

Tiger Woods PGA Golf
    Poster for Wordpress
    Sports LIVE!
    Last edited by philpeeps; 06/06/2010 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    According to the download counter on PreCentral... there have been 55,448,190 total app downloads. That's 135,201 more than when I checked at midnight for the start of this effort.

I don't know if it counts the app every time the same user downloads it (onto replacement hardware, for example), and I don't know how many apps are downloaded in an "average" day. Does anyone know the answers?

There are more than 300,000 precentral members. Hopefully each will buy one game and one non-game app as a minimum... It would be cool to see that number jump by 500,000 be the end of today - that would be 1%.

All it takes is the cost of one Starbucks to make a huge difference... and it looks like most that have reported here are buying more than one. w00t! w00t!

Maybe we could ask HardBeatz if he can get a count or if he knows roughly what the numbers per day are?
    Also just bought defensive warfare.

This app day is a good for helping people find new apps as I did. Dont forget to tweet what you get @precentral #webOSappday
    I'm too broke to buy multiple apps unfortunately, but I have been meaning to pick up Geostrings for some time and today is the day for it.

DanPLC is one of those DEVs that should be supported for his work on the WebOS platform and Geostrings is one of those "wow" apps that really show off what WebOS can do.

I'm only sorry it took this long to buy it, but hey, better late than never, right?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I have been holding off on basketball Live! for a while and today was also the day for it!

really a forward looking purchase... not just for the finals but for the incoming season too
    We love the idea of WebOSAppDay and want to get in on the fun too!

We're celebrating by giving away 10 copies of Paratrooper! Want a chance to get a paid app for free? Just buy Paratrooper ($1.99) today and tweet about it (include Paratrooper and #WebOSAppDay in your tweet). We'll tweet the 10 winners at the end of the day and pay for your copy of Paratrooper!

Details here: 185vfx Free Paratrooper on WebOSAppDay
    Just bought Wallpaper Switcheroo. Something new every time I open my phone, I love it!
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Here's my problem... having too many apps already and not enough space for more until I delete some music.
    For those on twitter, don't forget to tweet about your #WebOSappday purchase.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Ancient Frog and Dropboxify.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbredow View Post
    We love the idea of WebOSAppDay and want to get in on the fun too!

We're celebrating by giving away 10 copies of Paratrooper! Want a chance to get a paid app for free? Just buy Paratrooper ($1.99) today and tweet about it (include Paratrooper and #WebOSAppDay in your tweet). We'll tweet the 10 winners at the end of the day and pay for your copy of Paratrooper!

Details here: [url= Free Paratrooper on WebOSAppDay[/url]
    I knew there was one I was forgetting. Have been meaning to buy this and thanks for reminding me. Right, now 10 minutes of paratrooper for me then I need to finish this work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I knew there was one I was forgetting. Have been meaning to buy this and thanks for reminding me. Right, now 10 minutes of paratrooper for me then I need to finish this work.
    Thanks! If you use twitter, don't forget to tweet to enter the giveaway. So far, your chances are very good that your Paratrooper purchase will be free!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbredow View Post
    Thanks! If you use twitter, don't forget to tweet to enter the giveaway. So far, your chances are very good that your Paratrooper purchase will be free!
    I'm not really a fan of the old twitter, and to be honest I am quite happy to pay for the full version as it is definitely worth it and I played the free version to death.
    But if I get time I might create an account and send a tweet out.
    Wow, glad to see everyone is supporting us dev's today by getting more apps. As a husband and wife team this has been great to be able to produce new apps and get them out. At this time we have 2 apps that are available and are working on getting more out.

The available apps are:

DigiPay PayPal Account Manager- http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...ccount-manager
    DigiBar Pocket Bartender- http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...cket-bartender

Both apps are available anywhere Palm WebOS phones are sold and can also be found in your app catalog on your phone.

Feel free to visit our website as well for more info on the apps.
    Been using AuctionMate for a while, so I bought the Pro version to support the dev of an awesome app. Also got Jot It which I'm just playing with and looks great.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    having a 'cause' to use as an excuse to buy an app is not a good thing for me! as I sure do like to support my community here!.

So far I've purchased:
    Made Simple for webOS
    PowerNap
    What's for Dinner? Premium
    mCraig Pro
    TweetMe
    Twextionary

and I know I'm not done, looking for a couple games .. perhaps Yahtzee and Scrabble...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    I'm certain that the "Total Downloads" includes updates and isn't an accurate number in terms of new purchases. As devs we get two sets of numbers as well, and Palm doesn't offer "paid downloads" in the feed as a data point to the public--just "total downloads."

We paid-app devs have to wait until payments are "settled" (i.e., cleared by the bank) before they show up in our dashboards, which can take 2-3 days after the actual time of purchase. This is why there's no "real-time" feed of new downloads. For 'free' apps, I'm not sure what the reasoning is.

Hope this helps.
    thanks for the great insight.

I net you will only get numbers for your apps, yes?

it would be great if dev relations could provide some way to quantify the impact this is having. I'm sure every app will see a different level of sales (hopefully no one buys dijit or brighthouse crapware...).

if dev relations could say 'we saw Sunday purchases at xx% of the normal level, and other factoids so we could get some quantifiable way to know if this was successful.

do you guys have the capability to ask dev relations for that sort of info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    thanks for the great insight.

I net you will only get numbers for your apps, yes?

it would be great if dev relations could provide some way to quantify the impact this is having. I'm sure every app will see a different level of sales (hopefully no one buys dijit or brighthouse crapware...).

if dev relations could say 'we saw Sunday purchases at xx% of the normal level, and other factoids so we could get some quantifiable way to know if this was successful.

do you guys have the capability to ask dev relations for that sort of info?
    We can definitely ask. Dev rel is usually pretty cool with requests like this, but who knows. I will definitely post my two apps delta in sales (Dealert and PowerNap).
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    'K, I bought the following and tweeted:

TweetMe
    Ancient Frog
    What's for Dinner? Premium
    Word Whirl

I already have Paratrooper, but thank you rbredow for joining in the Bday fun. There will be ten people who are very happy today.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast