Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    Which app is yours?
    NiceGPSuperior1. You can find my apps by searching for "Nice" in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Would if I could but I can't.

Anyone wanna fly me to another country so I can actually give Palm my money? Seems it's not good enough for them.
    Sounds great. ive been meaning to buy the IM app so i'll make a purchase that day..
    Follow Me on Twitter @LukeUNerd
    count me in, needed a good excuse to buy more apps. thanks for another National Holiday.
    I think I can pry a few bucks out of the budget on Sunday... I'm in.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    hey fellow webOS users,

As a thanks to palm and especially all the developers who continue to make apps for palm despite all the negative news about palm's future...I suggest we declare June 6th, which of course coincides with the 1 year anniversary of the release of the pre, as "Buy an App" day.

I know plenty of people with webOS devices that only use free software. But in order to get developers to continue making apps for us, we should make some effort to purchase apps as well. Keep in mind many apps are as little as 99 cents...which is cheaper than that cup of coffee you and I are probably drinking right now.

So I declare, lets call June 6th "Buy an App" day.
    MD,

If it's possible, can we make "buy an App Day" (a great idea) become "Buy an App from a Developer Who Supports WebOS".

Apparently, there are 'carpetbaggers' who are are putting out apps with no real desire to better the community, but just to make a buck and are even bragging about it.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/hp-palm-webos/

People can do what they want, but it is better for all of us to support the people who are really working to make great apps. This will drive more serious developers to work on WebOS apps.

Again, thanks for a great idea.

C
    Last edited by C-Note; 06/03/2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add link to article
  8.    #108  
    Cnote,

Unfortunately that article focuses on just one developer. I agree with you, however it's difficult to know exactly what the motive of each developer is. As of know I encourage people to purchase whatever apps they want/need/or just to contribute to devs. Of course making an informed decision is also wise.

People please don't forget about this day. Please spread the news, tweet, etc...and maybe our Precentral editor in chief will remember...dieter posted way back when to remind him!
    One word: Notes
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    MD,

If it's possible, can we make "buy an App Day" (a great idea) become "Buy an App from a Developer Who Supports WebOS".

Apparently, there are 'carpetbaggers' who are are putting out apps with no real desire to better the community, but just to make a buck and are even bragging about it.

WebOS Apps Stand Out Because There’s Less Competition | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

People can do what they want, but it is better for all of us to support the people who are really working to make great apps. This will drive more serious developers to work on WebOS apps.

Again, thanks for a great idea.

C
    I agree. I won't be buying from any dev that lost their mind over the recent CEO interview, and I won't be buying anything from crapware vendors like Dijit... Several games and that new people tracking app are at the top of my list...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I agree. I won't be buying from any dev that lost their mind over the recent CEO interview, and I won't be buying anything from crapware vendors like Dijit... Several games and that new people tracking app are at the top of my list...
    Thanks,

I hope many do the same. Money talks, and if I go and buy some .99 crap-lication just to say "I participated", we just encourage more of those clowns. Meanwhile the guys really busting their tail to give us good apps are not rewarded as well as they deserve to be.

C
    We will also mark this day on our calenders. As a 2 person team for developing apps and getting them published it definately takes alot of time and effort. We appreciate everyone that has purchased our apps so far and look forward to getting more out.

Available apps are:

DigiBar Pocket Bartender
    DigiPay PayPal Account Manager

Although its only available in English, anyone that has a Palm WebOs phone in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, and Spain will be able to purchase these apps.
    Wife and I have been busy...figuring out what we want to buy. Yikes we want a bunch of stuff and plan to get so far:

Wife:

JPyramid - Pyramid Solitaire and my wife's favorite game - http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...talog/jpyramid

Mahjong Solitaire - http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...jong-solitaire

Yahtzee - http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...atalog/yahtzee

UNO -

Mine:

Super KO Boxing -

N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance -

NOVA looks so cool and hopefully my Pre holds up with the extra memory use. I'll also tag some utils that I can't live without and help support the developers who made them happen.

Doing our part!

Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 06/05/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    bump. Are we shooting for midnight pacific or eastern?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/05/2010 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    bump. Are we shooting for midnight pacific or eastern?
    Not sure and I could start buying now, but don't have my CC in bed and can wait till after lunch tomorrow (today). Looking forward to getting some new stuff and long live Palm/webOS!

Sorli...
    BTW, whoever came up with this idea...Congratulations and Great IDEA!

Got me and my wife motivated and glad I can participate (.99 cents may not seem like a bunch), but things are thin for everyone and I even can come up with .99 cents.

Actually, as I posted previously, my wife and I plan to spend closer to $30 with all the stuff we want to buy.

Thanks again for the great idea!!! Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    hey fellow webOS users,

Despite some relatively minor issues, I have absolutely loved my pre plus on verizon. And despite what some uninformed critics are saying on other blogs and websites, the app catalog is plenty robust to fill my everyday needs, including with the use of the Classic software.

As a thanks to palm and especially all the developers who continue to make apps for palm despite all the negative news about palm's future...I suggest we declare June 6th, which of course coincides with the 1 year anniversary of the release of the pre, as "Buy an App" day.

I know plenty of people with webOS devices that only use free software. But in order to get developers to continue making apps for us, we should make some effort to purchase apps as well. Keep in mind many apps are as little as 99 cents...which is cheaper than that cup of coffee you and I are probably drinking right now.

So I declare, lets call June 6th "Buy an App" day.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just outa curiosity, how does PC know we are tweeting for this contest when they don't follow you?
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    What about a day to donate?

I've got 10,000 downloads, 4.5 stars, and only 1 donation...
    we did that last month. Search the forums for 'telethon'
    Just bought Blocks and NOVA
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast