Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Great idea. It's on my calendar!
    I'm a developer and I'm in. Although that's not saying too much as I've probably purchased 50+ apps to date. I like the thought though. Most people will not spend a dime on applications and that makes programming for webOS difficult for me. I do this full time and rely on sales to pay the bills. Since the webOS market is so small I don't make nearly enough to pay my bills. I have to spend most of my time programming for other cell phones, even though I love my pre.

If more people purchased apps we would be able to spend more time creating apps for the pre and less time creating apps for blackberry, android & iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    I'm a developer and I'm in. Although that's not saying too much as I've probably purchased 50+ apps to date. I like the thought though. Most people will not spend a dime on applications and that makes programming for webOS difficult for me. I do this full time and rely on sales to pay the bills. Since the webOS market is so small I don't make nearly enough to pay my bills. I have to spend most of my time programming for other cell phones, even though I love my pre.

If more people purchased apps we would be able to spend more time creating apps for the pre and less time creating apps for blackberry, android & iPhone.
    Just noticed sky climber in your signature. I would have bought this on 'Buy an app day' but unfortunately I already own it , thanks for a great game.
    Last edited by pip smith; 05/14/2010 at 04:40 PM.
    I've bought several apps and will probably buy loads more as I fancy.

They hardly break the bank....I spend more on my lunch!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Just noticed sky climber in your signature. I would have bought this on 'Buy an app day' but unfortunately I already own it , thanks for a great game.
    I'm glad you like it. I really only made the game because people requested it, but now I play it all the time. It's just so simple, yet addicting! I was just wondering if you noticed any lag on the full edition? I think I have fixed all the lag issues just making sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    I'm glad you like it. I really only made the game because people requested it, but now I play it all the time. It's just so simple, yet addicting! I was just wondering if you noticed any lag on the full edition? I think I have fixed all the lag issues just making sure though.
    It is seriously hard to put down, whenever I have 2 minutes spare you can guarantee I will be on the game. I have not seen any lag when I have been playing, that is at both 500mhz and 800mhz with multiple apps open. I never had serious lag problems with the first version, and yet the full version is still so much smoother to play. The movement flows really nice.
    The other really great thing is that although the accelerometer is cpu intensive this game does not seem to slow any of my other apps down when I flick between them and the game, so can constantly keep it paused, bang out an email and a text and go straight back to where I left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    hey fellow webOS users,

As a thanks to palm and especially all the developers who continue to make apps for palm despite all the negative news about palm's future...I suggest we declare June 6th, which of course coincides with the 1 year anniversary of the release of the pre, as "Buy an App" day.

So I declare, lets call June 6th "Buy an App" day.
    I'm in too. Good idea.

Hope we don't overwhelm the apps server. I've been having problems buying today. Maybe I'll save it all for the 6th. And while we are at it, drop a buck or two for WebOS internals.
    I have many paid apps, but have a couple more in mind, so I'm adding this to my calendar. Great idea.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I don't have a Pre yet.
    Either way I'll buy something. Just to show I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Here are some of the apps that I have purchased and recommend.

Jvault: only webOS password app with desktop client (also requires purchase), good reviews. Perhaps a bit pricey, but don't forget this is for your security
    MDsmartphone,

Is JVault free-form or a field based application? Can I put in a modest memo?
  11.    #31  
    jvault has some predefined fields, but they can be changed. And they also have blank templates that you can customize to your liking.

it's a really good app.
    Some cool paid apps:

Let's Golf
    Hero of Sparta
    Opregle
    Glyder 2
    Photo Effects
    Some cool paid apps:

Let's Golf
    Hero of Sparta
    Opregle
    Glyder 2
    Photo Effects
    Some cool paid apps:

Let's Golf
    Hero of Sparta
    Opregle
    Glyder 2
    Photo Effects
    I'd like to join in! Palm has to makes Paid Apps really INTERNATIONAL for all of us who are not in the official countries!
    I'm in & have already marked the calendar. Now to figure out what I want??? I'll probably pick up a couple...I'm an app addict!
    I estimate I spent over $500 on apps for PalmOS. I would love to buy WebOS apps but this carrier restriction app catalogue filtering thing is so stupid.
    If PalmGear could sell apps globally I don't see why the App Catalogue could not be more open. Heck I can' even dl free apps from the App Catalogue the 'normal' way because of geofiltering nonsense.

So yes I would love to buy plenty of apps on June 6 but Palm won't let me.

Rant over.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berath View Post
    I've bought several apps and will probably buy loads more as I fancy.

They hardly break the bank....I spend more on my lunch!!!!
    +1, my morning coffee and donut from Timmy's costs more than most of the apps - LOL
  19.    #39  
    Hopefully palm will open up app store in more countries by then
    bump
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast