1.    #1  
    I’ve been using Classic for several months now, and I just wanted to report to any fence-sitters out there that Classic may be exactly what you need if you’re looking for a way to restore some PalmOS features that webOS is missing. It doesn’t work for all programs, but for the ones that are compatible, it is terrific.

Back in my PalmOS days, programs that I used often were the built-in Memos, SmartList-To-Go, eWallet, Docs-To-Go and Tube2. With the exception of Tube2, they all had desktop clients and seamless syncing via USB. To keep on using them, Classic was the way to go since there were no webOS equivalents of these apps.

Well, my initial attempts at installation were disastrous. Couldn’t get hotsyncing to work, and in some cases I couldn’t even get the programs to run. Finally, I deleted everything, "read the manual" on the MotionApps website and started over. I got everything to work this time, and it was even better than with my Palm TX since all the apps ran faster, and network syncing was more convenient that via USB. To anyone struggling with installation issues, have faith that it can be done.

My request for future versions of Classic? Increased compatibility! I have some great PalmOS programs that I still cannot use (e.g. Tube2) and would be happy to stick with for the foreseeable future.

Bottom line: For me, Classic is a must-have app. It has made my Pre far more useful than it otherwise would have been, and it restored functionality that I sorely missed. For anyone wishing that their Pre could sync with PC clients or run other PalmOS programs, they should definitely check out Classic.
    I would like to see a full screen mode with the navigation accomplished using the gesture area.
    which programs are you using and what do each do?
    I'm working on a theme and I have the perfect icon for Classic, could you tell me the location of the icon file? (ex: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.deliciousmorsel.twee/icon.png = Twee's icon)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I'm working on a theme and I have the perfect icon for Classic, could you tell me the location of the icon file? (ex: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.deliciousmorsel.twee/icon.png = Twee's icon)
    Sorry, can't find it.
    I find that I'm using Classic less and less since I find it hard to use a lot of the Palm OS apps with the Pre touch screen. I'm sometimes tapping 2-3 times to get the right button press. Or get it wrong and have to redo something.
    Desktopsyncing is, as you say, great though. Still waiting for some Palm OS apps and their conduits ported over to WebOS.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    I find that I'm using Classic less and less since I find it hard to use a lot of the Palm OS apps with the Pre touch screen. I'm sometimes tapping 2-3 times to get the right button press. Or get it wrong and have to redo something.
    Desktopsyncing is, as you say, great though. Still waiting for some Palm OS apps and their conduits ported over to WebOS.
    I'm wondering why Classic doesn't try to use the accelerometer to work as arrow buttons? That would solve some of the touch/navigation issues.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but as I get used to it, I find that I'm using Classic more and more. I think that the trick is to press, hold, and wait for the selection indicator to appear. If it's not what you want, you can move your finger to change or cancel the selection. As you probably know, you can also zoom in to make selecting easier. As is mentioned in another thread, I'm surprised that Palm hasn't done more to support Classic since there's a whole world of PalmOS apps out there that should have been advertised as a strength of staying with Palm.
    I find using the keyboard shortcuts is a lot easier.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I use DateBk6, Mandala, TealPhone, SplashID and TealAuto in my Classic. And I'm putting back Planetarium as I hear the older version works (the newest does not). I'm disappointed in the lack of functionality in the equivalent WebOS apps. Maybe functionality will catch up as WebOS "matures." The fading "Motion Apps" logo in Classic that is displayed when first run annoys me. =:-) thorne
    I use Classic for:
    MetrO
    CryptInfo
    Time Apart

If HotSync was a bit more reliable and Classic loaded faster, I'd use DateBk6 more, just for the diary search.

Oh, and I use Spa Bingo if I'm doing a fun Bingo with friends.

And I did use the new Voice Memo, until the Homebrew webOS zcorder took it's place.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway