Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Please use this thread to make suggestions for improving the app.
    Allowing users to change the background of the app and customize the fonts etc. Amapche mobile and NAN Player have similiar features.
    Is there anyway to incorporate an "Out of Office" message function into the program? I just got MS Exchange up and running on my Pre. It would be great to be able to compose and activate an "Out of Office" message on the Pre.

Thx
    Palm Pilot > Palm III > Handspring > CLIE N90Z > Treo 650 > Treo 700 > Treo 755 > Palm Pre >Pre 2
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willyiam View Post
    Is there anyway to incorporate an "Out of Office" message function into the program? I just got MS Exchange up and running on my Pre. It would be great to be able to compose and activate an "Out of Office" message on the Pre.

Thx
    Auto reply and auto forward features are planned for version 1.1 or 1.2. Version 1.0 will be released in the next few days.
    It would be very handy to be able to delete emails directly (as well as reply/forward/flag etc...), perhaps by swiping as you can in (patched) default email client. This would be especially useful in the "unread email" view, as old emails are usually unread because of low priority.

Fantastic app, btw. Many thanks.
    Last edited by nthairu; 06/11/2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: clarification
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nthairu View Post
    It would be very handy to be able to delete emails directly (as well as reply/forward/flag etc...), perhaps by swiping as you can in (patched) default email client. This would be especially useful in the "unread email" view, as old emails are usually unread because of low priority.

Fantastic app, btw. Many thanks.
    Yeah, several people have asked for deletion of emails. However, it likely won't be supported in the near future for fear of making a mistake. As it is, if there's a problem with EC, it is contained there. However, if I added deletion, and there was an error, it would delete important emails. And since the pre syncs with your normal email client, that would also mean you lost your emails there as well.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Will this and ACE be available for the Pixi?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    Will this and ACE be available for the Pixi?
    Yes, they will likely be available for the Pixi. We have to do a few more updates, then we will look at what's needed (if anything) to port to the Pixi. From my understanding, it shouldn't be much.
    This looks very promising. There are two other features I miss from the email client I used on the Treo:

1) configurable folders (on the gadget) each with its own expiration time. So, on the Pre, I keep everything for a week. On the Treo, I kept my inbox for 2 weeks, my trash folder for 2 days, and a couple of special-purpose folders forever. (well, until I deleted stuff manually.) The special purpose folders were like the "vault" idea, only I had one just for travel plans, and another for important correspondence for a group I organize, and so forth.

2) multiple "from" addresses for a single account. I keep track of my mail by using different e-mail addresses for different purposes. So, I have puzzles@puzzlegal.com, and merchants@puzzlegal.com, and friends@puzzlegal.com, for instance. I would like to be able to send "from" these different addresses, and not have to use a single address for any mail that is sent on the Pre.

Are those the sort of thing you could add?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    This looks very promising. There are two other features I miss from the email client I used on the Treo:

1) configurable folders (on the gadget) each with its own expiration time. So, on the Pre, I keep everything for a week. On the Treo, I kept my inbox for 2 weeks, my trash folder for 2 days, and a couple of special-purpose folders forever. (well, until I deleted stuff manually.) The special purpose folders were like the "vault" idea, only I had one just for travel plans, and another for important correspondence for a group I organize, and so forth.

2) multiple "from" addresses for a single account. I keep track of my mail by using different e-mail addresses for different purposes. So, I have puzzles@puzzlegal.com, and merchants@puzzlegal.com, and friends@puzzlegal.com, for instance. I would like to be able to send "from" these different addresses, and not have to use a single address for any mail that is sent on the Pre.

Are those the sort of thing you could add?
    The configurable folders idea is good, but it seems to involve having EC Pro delete emails, which is something I would not be comfortable doing at this time.

The multiple "from" addresses on one account is something I would have to dig into to get it to work.

I am currently trying to get it in the official app catalog, so it can have more exposure. Once I have some traction on that, I'll be able to ramp up development on more features.
    Is there a way to schedule (Time) an email for the future. For example I want to set up an email so can send a friend of mine a reminder to do something at an specific time and day.

thank you
    Have the option of saving attachments to /media/internal/downloads/ instead of opening them (or saving them to the same folder if there is no handler to open them).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    Is there a way to schedule (Time) an email for the future. For example I want to set up an email so can send a friend of mine a reminder to do something at an specific time and day.

thank you
    I think this may be a possibility. I am currently finishing up Auto Reply, and scheduling is not that difficult to do. I do need a name for this feature, if you don't mind.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Have the option of saving attachments to /media/internal/downloads/ instead of opening them (or saving them to the same folder if there is no handler to open them).
    This will come after EC can handle attachments.