Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Email Companion will soon be added to the Precentral feed. I anticipate adding it by Friday. Basically, Email Companion adds several features to the stock email application.

Here's a (somewhat) brief overview of its capabilities:
    • Auto Bcc: Automatically send a blind carbon copy of all emails you send. Add as many Bcc recipients as needed. This feature was added due to several requests from Precentral members, including mamouton (thank you Marion).

• Contact Emails: Email Companion scans the emails, and grabs emails from your contacts. The inspiration for this comes from the Yahoo email client. However, instead of simply grabbing a few recent emails from contacts, the program puts them in their own sublist. Clicking on a message brings up the corresponding email. All emails from the contact are readily available. You can quickly navigate through the emails from the corresponding contact by clicking the next/prev buttons.

• Flagged Emails: EC allows you to flag an email address. When an email from that sender arrives, it is set aside in a list so you can quickly access it. The inspiration for this comes from signing up at a website, purchasing a product or sending an email to customer support. I know they are going to send me an email, but don't know when. By flagging the email, it will be set aside for me when it comes in. EC doesn't require a perfect match. Therefore, if you just know the email is coming from (e.g. Bestbuy, but don't know if it'll be noreply@bestbuy.com or support@bestbuy.com), you can just put some part of it (e.g. bestbuy). EC will then flag any message with that word in its address. If you click on a flag, EC will bring up all emails from the corresponding flag, so one can quickly navigate through them.

• Keyword Emails: A spinoff of flagging emails by address is flagging emails by keyword. EC will grab any emails with a word or phrase, and collect them. Clicking on a keyword email will grab all emails with the keyword and allow one to navigate through them by clicking next/prev buttons. This works in a similar fashion to the keyword filter with the stock email program with two major differences:

o EC searches for the keyword automatically. Therefore, you don't have to remember to search for it.
    o EC searches all folders for the corresponding keyword, instead of just one at a time.
    • Unread Emails: EC will scan all the emails and count how many unread messages you have. It will them sort them by day, and present them to you in a calendar. Clicking on a day will bring up the corresponding unread emails. One can navigate through them by clicking the next prev buttons. The inspiration from this is because I often get a bunch of emails that I neglect to read. This helps this makes things easier.

• Mailing Lists: EC allows you to create a mailing list, similar to most email applications. The mailing list is available in regular contacts, so you can use the lists when using the stock email application.

• Text Alerts: EC allows you to create a list of email addresses and numbers that will receive a text message alert when you send them an email. People on the list will receive a text message along the lines of I just sent you an email, subject: <email-subject>. You can either grab the email address and phone number from your contacts, or you can enter them manually.

• Calendar Add: Add an email to your calendar to be reminded to read or respond later. You can also specify if you will be given a reminder. You can review the message (sans HTML) in the calendar, as well as see when it was sent so you can quickly find the original email. The inspiration from this comes from my Outlook application, where I sometimes get an email that I don't want to respond to immediately. I drag the email into the calendar so I will be reminded to respond later.

Some additional features I'm considering adding are:

• Auto-reply: This feature will allow one to automatically respond to emails. I'm thinking I'll allow it to auto-respond based on keyword or sender.

• Auto-text: This feature would automatically text someone letting them know you received their email.

• Auto-forward: This feature would allow one to automatically forward an email. I'm thinking it could also be based on keyword or sender.

• Email Vault: This feature would allow one to permanently store emails. This would be useful for when you make a travel reservation months in advance, and want to quickly retrieve it. The inspiration for this comes from Prubin (thank you Prubin).
    You made it. Patience is a virtue.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Well, the app needs to be published in Homebrew, but you're right. How're you seeing the forums. Shouldn't you be biting your nails now?
    Almost! Still working out minor minor edits.

I think I will pull one of your moves and take a cake too!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    LOL!!! Just don't let them see it until after they sign!
    I like the new setup. Scanning is relatively quick as well. I like the all emails on the front page. I noticed that if an email has an attachment it doesn't show up in EC. Is that a bug or what you wanted to do?

I notice in the main page preview I am getting the &nbsp; text but when I click on the message it shows fine.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I like the new setup. Scanning is relatively quick as well. I like the all emails on the front page. I noticed that if an email has an attachment it doesn't show up in EC. Is that a bug or what you wanted to do?

I notice in the main page preview I am getting the &nbsp; text but when I click on the message it shows fine.
    Emails with attachments should show up, just not the attachment. I haven't added attachment support yet. As for the &nbsp, that's because the list component isn't necessarily supporting html (just css). However, the webview does. I may look into stripping those out at a later time.
    This seems like it would be great to be a full email client. What other things would need to happen to make that happen?
    What is the feed to install from Preware?
    What's the cost of Email Companion Pro, after the trial?

thx
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eleanorew View Post
    What's the cost of Email Companion Pro, after the trial?

thx
    It's $4.99, and can be bought from the Web Distribution Catalog (App Scoop Catalog).
    Hi,

I think I found a bug in v1.0.9 of Email Lists - the junior version of this.

When I select Grab from contact, the contacts app opens. If I select a contact with more than 1 email address I am given a list to pick an address from. Contact closed and I return to Email Lists with the address added.

But if I select a contact with ONLY 1 email address, Contacts immediately closed and Email List returns but the address for the selected person is NOT added to the list. Manually adding an email address works fine.
    I would really love to see a complete alternative to the default Mail app in WebOS. It's currently incredibly slow and drags my whole phone and other open apps down with it. I don't really want to add extras as they may take up even more memory, would really rather just use a different, more agile app.

There are at least two other music players available for WebOS, why not Mail?
    Does not work on webOS 2.1
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    I would like for you to review my email, I would like to add the email companion, if it's possible, Thank you, Becky Hise