Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    On a side note... we are in the Office Palm App Catalog now.
    Just downloaded and gave it a 5 star review. I think this is a great idea and once we get some momentum behind it, it could be a big thing for the community.
    woo hoo, just downloaded
    How about this? [I've edited several times to make it shorter. Tried also to make the title
    interesting to non precentral members as we will need those people to download...]

Title: Homebrew cool free apps

These are "homebrew" apps and patches freely created by developers in their spare time and not available in Palm's official app catalog (see links below for how to install and FAQs). Homebrew patches customize the phone's functionality.
    The apps/patches are free but many users choose to donate to developers for outstanding work.

Thanks for downloading. Any proceeds won from Palm's $100K Hot apps contest ending 6/30/10 will be donated to homebrew developers via the WebOsInternals team.

To learn more and also how to install your favorite homebrew apps and patches, tap here.
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/18/2010 at 10:17 AM.
    d/led.

Just an idea. Can dev add link to hotapps contest standings? That way we can see where we stand... And an update puts it @ the top of the new apps list again in a few days
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    d/led.

Just an idea. Can dev add link to hotapps contest standings? That way we can see where we stand... And an update puts it @ the top of the new apps list again in a few days
    Palm Hot Apps Standings for ilovehomebrew
    Ampache Mobile allows you to stream all YOUR music and videos from your computer to your phone.

Please take a look a these Common Issues before posting to the Ampache Mobile thread.
    If we download the app, then delete it, then download it again, etc, etc, etc... does it count as more than one DL?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    For those that want to know, from the Hot Apps leaderboard:
    If you had an app today, you would be at
    the $1,000 threshold* if you had: 19,064 downloads as a free app
    We have a ways to go.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    For those that want to know, from the Hot Apps leaderboard:

We have a ways to go.
    We do but with 1 day in the app catalog we went from 1700 to 4352.

K
    Downloaded through app catalog and gave a 5 star rating to show my support. Good luck! Great idea.
    this is a great idea! The problem I have is trust. How can someone be sure? What guarantee do we have you will actually donate the money? Some kind of reassurance would be stellar
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ofthecats86 View Post
    this is a great idea! The problem I have is trust. How can someone be sure? What guarantee do we have you will actually donate the money? Some kind of reassurance would be stellar
    Exactly what kind of "proof" are you looking for? I am not sure how to "make" someone trust me via a message on a forum.

That said, I was a ROM developer over at PPCGeeks and have been hacking phones for a long time. While I have been at precentral for a while, I have been quiet in the forums due to lack of time. My hope is to give a little back with this project.

I also have to say... what is the risk to you? It isn't like your giving me money out of your pocket.

My intentions are good but I can't make you trust me.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by ofthecats86 View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, rwhitby has been posting in this thread and and has somewhat giving his blessing over the project.
    And I don't mean to speak for kevan when I say this but I don't think defrauding the community is his intentions. As I have watched this project from the beginning, if you look back at some of the earlier posts, kevan has repeatedly asked for an active role from the rest of the community in the project. I don't think he planned to spend as much time as he has organising this project. He has done this to benefit the rest of the community and not himself.

I'm sure if you would like to have an active role in the project kevan will be more than happy for your support and hopfully this will stop any fears you have
    Last edited by pip smith; 05/19/2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I'm sure if you would like to have an active role in the project kevan will be more than happy for your support and hopfully this will stop any fears you have
    Agreed. I plan to work on some of the suggested updates this weekend. Things have been busy in r/l.

Download count as of this post: 6300

K
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    We are at 7450 downloads. Keep going everyone.

K
    how is this doing? got 2 people (not precentral members) to download.

Another idea: put link to "save/restore" backup instructions from webos internals.Everyone needs to know how to backup and restore...
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/22/2010 at 08:49 AM.
    did everyone forget about this app? its close to the 220 mark, its 310 now.

if people start downloading it, it could easily get into the $1000 prize range.

bump this thread!
    does it taxk TOTAL downloads, or downloads to unique users?
    where is this app now on the hot apps total?
    as of today it is number 275

Palm Hot Apps

there's a box in the link above that can send the app to you phone.

so close to the prize, it moved 35 places last week, another 55 and its done!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123