1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Although I'm not hugely interested in astronomy I do like to know which of the stars are actually planets etc and wondered if there are any apps for the Palm Pre or Web OS?

And if so, which one(s) come recommended?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
    I do have a great interest in Astronomy unfortunetly palm currently has no apps for that area. But they do have LUNA PAL that has ton of info and phases of the moon, day by day phases, monthly, etc. plus there is a library of info. try it.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    +1
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
  4.    #4  
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Found this. The link takes you to the app catalogue.

Downloaded it and trying to figure out how to use it. Maybe i'll have o wait till it gets dark here which should be in an hour or so
    Android has the google skymap which is amazing.

Thx Matt for that app.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  6.    #6  
    No probs. Not had chance to have a play with it yet so if its complicated can you post a review/how to? lol
    Yep. Planetarium for Palm OS is one of the reasons I've hung on to my Treo650.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Matt, went to the web site and downloaded app. so far nothing works. really miss my planetarium app from my 680
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    Matt, went to the web site and downloaded app. so far nothing works. really miss my planetarium app from my 680
    Under Classic Planetarium version 2.3.1g works. I could not get the most current version working.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Under Classic Planetarium version 2.3.1g works. I could not get the most current version working.
    Please post a link for Planetarium. All the links I have are for a much earlier version. thorne

Never mind: http://www.aho.ch/pilotplanets/
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Please post a link for Planetarium. All the links I have are for a much earlier version. thorne

Never mind: Planetarium for the Palm Computing Platform
    Wow, that looks complicated!!!!! lol
    I seriously hope the new Pre has a digital compass so we could get an app like sky map for android or a similar app I've seen for the iphone. As an amateur astronomer, it would great to use an app like that instead of busting out the flashlight and my star maps.
    I found a planetarium type program in the Palm App Catalog. It is well done and will probably do what everyone wants in an astronomy program.

Search for "Skyorb webos" and find the instructions online!
    $2.99 is not a bad price either!

Extraclass