Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hi all! I have seen several threads about people talking about eBook programs but my question is where are you all getting your ebooks from? I like pReader but all the online eBook stores seem to be DRM, use their own software, or use the right format but are very outdated....Am I missing something?
    Thanks!
    pReader converts the DRM books for MobiPocket, e-reader, ePub, etc. Thus you can buy books from Barnes & Noble, MobiPocket, & e-reader. Books from the eReader site and MobiPocket can be purchased and downloaded directly from your phone. I've had to download to my PC for Barnes & Noble. Look at the beginning posts in the pReader thread to see what other formats it can do.
    preader can read drm ereader and mobipocket. Manybooks.net for non copywright stuff...
    B&N is cheaper than ereader and has a larger selection, but cannot be directly downloaded.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Ah Ok I see, I was only seeing options to use the provided software for B&N. I didn't realize that pReader could convert DRMed eBooks, what a great piece of software.
    B&N now sems to be using only epub and preader tells me that it cannot open this type of DRMed file. Is that right? Am I doing something wrong?
    Laissez Faire