Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Landscape modus is possible, because i use the popup window and the popup has landscape modus ! Only thing, what i customize are the key image sizes. Atm, the vkb is running pretty fast.

The only problem that i have is to detect when the user focus on textfield.
  2.    #22  
    Landscape modus is possible, because i use the popup window and the popup has landscape modus ! Only thing, what i customize are the key image sizes. Atm, the vkb is running pretty fast.

The only problem that i have is to detect when the user focus on textfield.
    It looks like a great project. Can't wait till it`s ready to be used. Keep up the great work, it looks like you are doing an excellent job. Thanks for all your efforts!
  4.    #24  
    I have started a request: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...69#post2443369

and the only bad news: ATM VKB DOES NOT SUPPORT PALM PIXI!

... But maybe in v2 or v3 ...
    +1 for landscape. I like the physica key board for most things.

my need is b/c I like to surf in landscae, and I need simple typing like login search terms, and url entry.

I bought every one availale so far and none make those tasks any easier...

i'm hoping this one will be a home run! Woohoo!
  6.    #26  
    Grrr ... There is no solution for 'running a background app and listen for the focus event in browser etc ... ' that makes me crazy.

VKB will not release befor this problem is resolve.
    does this help, the WIKI page for the current VK:

On an unmodified Pre if you press the "sym" key a scrollable 5x5 keyboard pops up full of alternate characters.

This is controlled by code incorporated into the framework.jsjsjs. $The$ $specific$ $functions$ $there$ $can$ $be$ $seeen$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/&$lt$;$framework_version$&$gt$;/$javascripts$/$widget_charselector$.$js$

with the layout controlled by 3 files in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/<framework_version>/templates/charselector

the actual list of characters that appear on the screen is controlled by /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/<framework_version>/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json

On 12 August 2009 Webos-internals contributor Eric Gaudet (irc egaudet) announced success at patching the framework.jsjsjs $to$ $accept$ $a$ $new$ $function$ $derived$ $from$ $the$ $charselector$ $widget$. $This$ $pre$-$alpha$ $proof$ $of$ $concept$ $on$-$screen$ $keyboard$ $was$ $made$ $available$ $as$ $a$ $patch$. $Since$ $that$ $time$, $the$ $keyboard$ $has$ $been$ $extended$ $to$ $work$ $in$ $search$ $fields$, $to$ $be$ $installable$ $as$ $an$ $IPKG$, $and$ $to$ $be$ $themeable$.

Note that this requires patching the primary framework of WebOS. This is not an application running on top of WebOS but rather a modification of the operation of the OS itself to render a custom widget.

Retrieved from "http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/On_Screen_Keyboard"

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

maybe you can ask the developer of the orignal to help you out on your current issue.
  8.    #28  
    Thanks but i see no relation between focus on textfield to open the vkb and your article ..
    Quote Originally Posted by MetBo View Post
    Thanks but i see no relation between focus on textfield to open the vkb and your article ..
    sorry I was meaning to just copy the link to that paticluar page, so that maybe you could ask that developer how to hopefully rectafy your problem.
  10.    #30  
    I'll try to ask him, but i see no solution .... Mojo can not listen for event out of the stage .. I think, this is the reason why the osk from webos internals has no event on focus.
    question is this going to be a application running ontop of WebOS or a modification of the operation of the OS itself to render a custom widget?
  12.    #32  
    '...application running ontop of WebOS '
    '...application running ontop of WebOS '
    ok, they still may be able to help you though, let me know.
    what about coping the code that the developer used to implement the current VK, and patching the primary framework of WebOS with your new design then creating a patch for it. Would that not only possiable but easier?
  15.    #35  
    yes you are right, but i want to distribute the vkb in the official appcatalog
    yes you are right, but i want to distribute the vkb in the official appcatalog
    Oh I get you, well if it would be easier for you to implement the VK through the framework of WebOS, maybe you could put it into the app catalog and after a person purchases it, you could have it download into a card. Then when you open the card it has a hyperlink to the patch.
    Grrr ... There is no solution for 'running a background app and listen for the focus event in browser etc ... ' that makes me crazy.

VKB will not release befor this problem is resolve.
    sooo in english this means? Lol
  18.    #38  
    i love google translator
    lmao no I can read what he said just don't know what it means Lol I really hope he gets this working
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12