1.    #1  
    This is a terrible phone and i can't believe we cannot do that simple thing.
    I think it's a Must Have.

Is someone working on an application or maybe a patch?

My old Treo 650 (using Resco Explorer) and Treo 750 had that Feature.

I'm really dissapointed with Palm for this.

Regards.
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    i don't think it's a terrible phone b/c there is no bt beaming. i think this is less of an issue these days, since it has 3G and wi-fi and you can email files to other people (or their phones).

but i do agree with you in that this app (and also sending files via wi-fi) could be very handy, especially when there is no data connection available.

i just don't think the lack of such an app is a deal-killer for most people.
  3.    #3  
    I am not saying it's a bad phone because of that, in fact, i love my pre!

But here in Argentina 3G connection is very very bad (it's a crap) and wifi is not available everywhere.So if i have to send or recieve something i cannot.
    Bluetooth is the best way we have to share files.

Regards!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.