1.    #1  
    I request PreCentral to create a section for "Apps on Sale". I bought 3 to 4 apps when they were on sale and was mentioned on the front page.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a separate section for "Apps on Sale"? Do you all agree?
    Yes, Already made a thread for this, and wrote Palm to make a section in the Palm Catalog. Although every app could just put it on for a penny less and get in there so I said that each app could only go in the Sale section once every 3 or 4 months. This would un crowd it from people who would want to take advantage.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Greg. Can you post your thread URL?
    Or it must be a certain percentage off the regular price. For example, if an app was $9.99, the dev would have to sell it for $6.99 (a 30% discount) to list it in the Sale section. If the app is $0.99, it would have to be $0.69. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Or it must be a certain percentage off the regular price. For example, if an app was $9.99, the dev would have to sell it for $6.99 (a 30% discount) to list it in the Sale section. If the app is $0.99, it would have to be $0.69. etc.
    Yeah you'd definitely want to only list apps that went on sale for a certain percentage.

However your $0.99->$0.69 example is not possible since $0.99 is the lowest sale price allowed.

It would be cool if the app catalog displayed apps that were on sale by showing the normal price with a big red mark through it and then the sale price below it. I think it would be a nice visual to let people know the app is on sale when they're viewing it in one of the regular lists (recent apps, hot apps, etc.)

And to go a step further, it would be really cool if developers could specify their normal price along with a time-limited sale price. And once the time limit was up, the normal price would automatically go back into effect without requiring the app to be submitted for a change.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami