Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Following up on our other sports apps, Baseball Live! and Basketball Live!, we now offer Hockey Live!. It features the same capabilities, including dashboard scores, game alerts and Twitter integration.

Download Hockey Live! now

As always, feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions here.
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    can ya get the game series for the cup on the ticker?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre109 View Post
    can ya get the game series for the cup on the ticker?
    No you can't. I doubt we'll show that info, especially since the app will be mainly running during the regular season.

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    As a suggestion, it would be great if we could set a different ringtone for when a favorite team scores.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    As a suggestion, it would be great if we could set a different ringtone for when a favorite team scores.
    That's a good idea. I'll add it to our todo list!

Find us on Facebook
    New version 1.4, Flyers set as favorite team, alarm icon set on but alert did not sound when they scored.

update: Flyers scored again and no alert sounded. Checked phone and notification says Empty Schedule, No games available.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 06/04/2010 at 07:55 PM.
  7.    #7  
    What is your update interval set to? What type of alerts are on (ringer, vibrate, blink)? I assume you're running the hockey only app, right?

That message only shows up if there are no games today, which may happen if your running another sport app, like basketball or soccer. I just tried hockey for me and it seems fine.
    Interval is every 2 minutes, alert type = vibrate & ringtone. All I have is Hockey Live and it's the only app running.

It just did it again. I restarted the app after the posting above, it showed tonight's game with the current score of 3 to 1, Flyers. I just picked up my phone, hit the power button to wake it and the notification is saying Empty Schedule, No games available again.

Are there any log files?
    Is there any way to revert back to 1.3? That version worked really well.
  9.    #9  
    There are no logs available and Palm doesn't give any way to downgrade to an earlier version.

Based on your info, it looks very likely that you're losing the data connection which causes the update to fail and no alerts are fired. The scores shouldn't go away, so there's a chance that's a bug, but I bet it has to do with the dropped connection.
    I understand, although it's unlikely that my connection is lost. My wifi signal is strong and I've been getting text msgs throughout the game... Still doesn't explain why it keeps reverting back to Empty Schedule
  11.    #11  
    The empty schedule message is probably a bug when the score update fails. It's supposed to keep the old scores and try again later. I'm going to look into the code to figure out what's going on.

Next time you get the empty schedule message, try running the main app again (it launches the settings page). It also forces an immediate download of the latest scores.

By the way, do you see a red X in the upper left corner of the dashboard area?
    I got an alert on goal 4 by Chicago, but it just did the Empty Schedule (ES) again before the 5th Flyer goal. There isn't a connection loss on the phone, four bars and full wifi...but I have no way to prove that to you.

Strange thing is that the close down notice showed up, set to 15 min after, even though it said ES. But I just shut it down before reading your post. I had opened the main app earlier during the first several ES notices to see if it would force a refresh but it didn't and I did not see any red x. I ended up having to shut down the app completely and restart it to get the game back each time.

I even rebooted my phone during 2nd intermission. Don't know what else to say other than the previous version worked flawlessly.

Oh well, probably be talking to you on Sunday night...
  13.    #13  
    I got an alert on goal 4 by Chicago, but it just did the Empty Schedule (ES) again before the 5th Flyer goal. There isn't a connection loss on the phone, four bars and full wifi...but I have no way to prove that to you.

Strange thing is that the close down notice showed up, set to 15 min after, even though it said ES. But I just shut it down before reading your post. I had opened the main app earlier during the first several ES notices to see if it would force a refresh but it didn't and I did not see any red x. I ended up having to shut down the app completely and restart it to get the game back each time.

I even rebooted my phone during 2nd intermission. Don't know what else to say other than the previous version worked flawlessly.

Oh well, probably be talking to you on Sunday night...
    I was finally able to reproduce the same problem. A fix is coming in the next version, which was already submitted to Palm. It usually takes about 2 days for it to show up in the app catalog.

Find us on Facebook
    Any chance this will be implemented before the upcoming season?
  15.    #15  
    Any chance this will be implemented before the upcoming season?
    There's a pretty good chance.

Find us on Facebook
    Just downloaded the app yesterday and really like it ....except for one thing. I set my ringtone, my update interval is 15 minutes, show alerts "on", alert type "ringtone", ringtone length "10 seconds", start/close at game time "off", (hopefully that's all the info you need) and I got 0 alerts for the goals. I had to keep checking to see if the score changed (and it did CAL 5-4 TB). So, I'd really like to give this app a 5 star rating, but until that alert starts working properly.....not going to happen. Please help me give this the 5 stars it deserves
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  17.    #17  
    Please make sure the alarm bell icon is set (it should be yellow) next to the teams where you want to receive score alerts. The star adds them to the ticker and the bell turns on alerts.
    Ah thanks for that, muchly appreciated, missed that somewhere lol, 5 stars on the way
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    how about multiple alerts ie . More than 1 favourite team in hockey, I want as many alerts as I choose or just for fun different alerts for every team?... Maybe to be able to set alerts for every team and just turn them on or off as we choose. Thanks
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    how about multiple alerts ie . More than 1 favourite team in hockey, I want as many alerts as I choose or just for fun different alerts for every team?... Maybe to be able to set alerts for every team and just turn them on or off as we choose. Thanks
    We have something like that in our plans, but it's likely a long way away since it can become extremely complicated for users to setup. We need to come up with an easy and clean way of allowing it before making it available.

Find us on Facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast