1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install Documents to Go (full version) in Classic on my Pre, but the installer that runs under PalmOS (GetDocs8) seems to time out when trying to connect for authorization, with the following error:

Connection Lost
    A connection failure occurred while downloading. Please try downloading again.

I know I've got some degree of Internet connectivity - I can connect to terminal servers through MobileTS. I don't have any way to verify DNS under Classic, though. The problem occurs both when connecting via Sprint and WiFi.

Anyone else had this problem? I've seen people with DocsToGo working here on the forum, so there must be some way to get this going.

Thanks in advance.
    Probably doesn't help since I did it a long time ago, but I believe I just dropped the .prc or other files into the Classic/Install folder through USB.

When I ran Classic it recognized the .prc and put DOCTOGO on and then I entered code to activate.

Good Luck.
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    Hi SirThoreth,
    I just installed Dox2Go and described how I did it in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/officia...ml#post2421211

(Hope the linking worked)

Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    I have the version of docs to go that came with my old buddy the 700P, which I believe is version 8. How can I install that into classic on my pre plus?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I have the version of docs to go that came with my old buddy the 700P, which I believe is version 8. How can I install that into classic on my pre plus?
    That may well be my problem - I'm trying to install version 8, too.
    I doubt the process will vary by Dox2Go versions - you just have to make certain you grab ALL relavent files and paste them into the Classics install folder on the PRe ( that you will see AFTER you've installed Classic.

My first attempt failed because I didn't put ALL the Dox2Go files in the folder - the ones I DID move allowed me to open Dox2Go, but it would fail when trying to open an actual document.

So on my second attempt I went a bit slower and used ICON view in the window - everything that was represented by the Palm Install icon was copied to the Classics Install folder.

Opening the documents HAS to be done from Classic - NOT the Documents icon on the Palm Pre.

You have to have some way to read the files on your original device (Treo, Centro, T3 whatever has the Dox2Go program now); you are NOT simply moving the Dox2Go program files from the Device to the PRe - you have to move the PROGRAM files from your home computer to the PRE and then the files from the device to the PRE - but BOTH program files AND docukment files get moved into the Classic Install folder on the Pre.

I do NOT use Dox2Go as my graphics renderer so my photos get moved to the Pre DCIM folder.

I'm stumped on the PDFs at this point. - I've moved them to the Classic install folder - but Dox2Go is NOT finding them.

Anyway - hope this helps you guys get your Dox2Go onto your Pre.

Of course you need to use your original activation numbers or else all you get is yet one more day trial of Dox2Go.

Good Luck!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I doubt the process will vary by Dox2Go versions - you just have to make certain you grab ALL relavent files and paste them into the Classics install folder on the PRe ( that you will see AFTER you've installed Classic.
    There's only one file. Specifically, it's docstogopro8003-en.prc - that's the standalone install file for Documents to Go 8.0030, the version I purchased.

My first attempt failed because I didn't put ALL the Dox2Go files in the folder - the ones I DID move allowed me to open Dox2Go, but it would fail when trying to open an actual document.

So on my second attempt I went a bit slower and used ICON view in the window - everything that was represented by the Palm Install icon was copied to the Classics Install folder.
    Yeah, see, I've got something completely different going on. I go into Classic, see the installer app under "Unfiled" (specifically, it's labeled "GetDocs8").

I click on that icon, and get the "You have started an application which is Classic Certified." message, click OK, and get the main screen for the "Docs to Go Installer - OTA".

From there, you've got two options: the "Install" button and the "Cancel" button. Clicking the menu button brings up the help function, where you can get "View Log" or "About".

Clicking "Install" has the DataViz installer try to contact their servers to download the files, at which point I then get a "Connection Lost" message, which specifies "A connection failure occured while downloading. Please try downloading again."

Near as I can tell, there could only be two things really going on here: either DataViz doesn't have the 8.0030 files up on their site for OTA download anymore, or Classic's not resolving the DNS name for their servers. It's not purely an Internet connectivity issue, because I'm able to use Mobile TS to RDP into terminal servers just fine.

I've downloaded the full Windows install and extracted it (I don't have Palm Desktop installed on this PC), and I'm going through all the PRC and PDB files, to see if I can manually install it that way.