Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This thread is for everything pertaining to NiceGPSuperior. This app was started in response to this thread.

You can always get the latest info at my website for NiceGPSuperior, as well as a brief tutorial.

The link for NiceGPSuperior in the App Catalog is here.

So go ahead, post your feedback, suggestions, comments, bugs, wish list, and whatever else here in this thread.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  2.    #2  
    If you like this app and you use it, please consider a donation. So far, I have one donation out of about 5,000 downloads, so I'm still making improvements and hoping...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

3.    #3  
    I just submitted version 1.2.0 to the app catalog yesterday. The catalog seems to be down right now, but hopefully they will fix it soon. A new trip mapping feature has been added! You can see screenshots at the NiceGPSuperior website.

Looks like some great updates you have. You would probably get more donations if you put the link in your signature. Many people would probably just download and use the app without going to your website. Just my two cents.
  5.    #5  
    Wow, no comments about the map feature?
    I was thinking about this feature for sometime... Map...

I am unable to pull coordinates after upgrading to 1.20.. dont know y..
    I will try uninstalling and installing it again...

Would it be possible to save the coordinates/Map so that it can be passed to others ?
    Tony I used the map feature today. When I open it up it shows the United States Map not where I am currently located is there any particular reason for that? I will try to log multiple points to see if that corrects that issue.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    I was thinking about this feature for sometime... Map...

I am unable to pull coordinates after upgrading to 1.20.. dont know y..
    I will try uninstalling and installing it again...

Would it be possible to save the coordinates/Map so that it can be passed to others ?
    Yeah, make sure GPS is on and stuff like that (the basics) and the coordinates should work. Also, check your preferences and see where your speed/accuracy is set. Please let me know how it goes...

I am planning on a way to do more with the maps and the data. Keep the ideas coming.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Tony I used the map feature today. When I open it up it shows the United States Map not where I am currently located is there any particular reason for that? I will try to log multiple points to see if that corrects that issue.
    In order to save battery, it doesn't get your location until you press the button. However, the map should work even if you have only gotten your location once.

Do you think a button would help that tracks your location on the map? Google maps has this feature, but it will be a drain on the battery.
    Is there an additional button to press? I got my coordinate and then hit the map button and it showed the entire US map.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #11  
    Go into Preferences and save your email address. That made it work for me. Let me know if that fixes it. I will fix that bug.
  12.    #12  
    Bug: The map function would not work until a preferences cookie was present.

I submitted the fix for this today (version 1.2.1). If you have set your email or any other preference, there is really no need to get the update because you will have a preferences cookie.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any more problems with this issue.

13.    #13  
    Version 1.2.1 is in the catalog now. The map should always work now, as long as you have gotten your location at least once.
  14.    #14  
    I posted a bug fix update that keeps the app from hanging if no internet connection is present. I know I had this working at some pont in the past, but those bugs creep in through every crack!

The update should be in the catalog within a few days.

I'm flying across the country tomorrow, and I wanted to make sure that NiceGPSuperior would work with my Pre in airplane mode. Now it will!
  15.    #15  
    I've been playing with the capability to save mapping points. In this new version, the mapping points persist until the user deletes them. Even if you close the card or reset the device. It also has the capability to load and save maps. If you load a map, it adds the saved points to whatever points are in the current set. So if you only want the saved points on the map, you just clear the current set of points first. I should be finished testing it soon.

Here is a map that uses these features. I flew from Huntsville, AL, to Los Angeles, CA. By the way, I discovered that the GPS doesn't work while on an airplane in the air. It does work while in airplane mode, however, while on the ground...

If you have an interesting trip map, post it for us!
    Attached Images Attached Images

why doesn't pinch/zoom seem to work in the map?
  17.    #17  
    Pinch to zoom works for me, but I find that it works best if I only move one thumb while holding the other one still. You can also double tap a point to zoom in. And there is a +/- control that you can use to zoom.
  18.    #18  
    I just posted version 1.3.0, so it should be in the catalog around the middle of next week (6/2/10). Lots of new map functionality. See my earlier post.

Enjoy!

I'm sad because this app used to work for me, and now it doesn't. Every other GPS-using app has no problem connecting up, just this one. Too bad, the "velocity" feature was really nice.
  20.    #20  
    Be sure to get the latest version, and use the app outside. If you want velocity, be sure to turn accuracy all the way up in Preferences.

Just FYI, the app simply requests the position, speed, and direction from the GPS subsystem of the phone. Then, it asks Google for the nearest street address.

So if you aren't getting as many digits on the lat/long, or if you don't get velocity or altitude, the best thing to do is turn accuracy all the way up and go outside. Please post back and let me know if that helps.

Of course, a good phone reset never hurts, as with anything else.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast