Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    So if you aren't getting as many digits on the lat/long, or if you don't get velocity or altitude, the best thing to do is turn accuracy all the way up and go outside. Please post back and let me know if that helps.

Of course, a good phone reset never hurts, as with anything else.
    Thanks for the info. I do have your latest version. Let me tell you what I've been doing in my last test case.

1) Turning on your app. The spinner starts spinning.
    2) Turn on Google Maps. It takes time to load, but loads with my current position correctly. Your app is still spinning.
    3) Shut down both your app and Google Maps. Turn on my phone debug with ##GPS#. Press Get Fix. I get coordinates back.

I am willing to accept that there is something specific to my phone causing this problem, but understand that I do know how to troubleshoot software issues.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for the info. I have been testing a new version. I will go ahead and submit it to the catalog.

Question:

Does it do this with all accuracy settings?

One more thing: Delete the app and reinstall. Then, make sure to go to the preferences page and set up your options. This will reset the cookie, which could be the problem. If others are having this problem, I haven't heard about it.

Let me know how it goes.
    OK, I let my Pre sit around for a really long time with your app running last night and it did get GPS data loaded in once. If I can reproduce getting data again, I will paste what I see here. Will also try at different settings of accuracy vs. speed.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    OK, I let my Pre sit around for a really long time with your app running last night and it did get GPS data loaded in once. If I can reproduce getting data again, I will paste what I see here. Will also try at different settings of accuracy vs. speed.
    Were you outside? The phone has a hard time getting a signal indoors. Just thought I'd ask, just in case...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #25  
    The new version, which should hit the catalog next week, around 6/16/2010, will have a checkbox in Preferences for getting a nearby address. This seems to be the most troublesome feature of the app, which requires a call out to Google to get the address. Of course, I don't really have any control over Google, so I thought I'd make the nearby address optional. So those who do not need it should get results faster and with less hangups. Those who do need it can check the option in Preferences. The nearby address will be off by default.

I also put in some code to hopefully improve error handling, which you will probably not notice.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Were you outside? The phone has a hard time getting a signal indoors. Just thought I'd ask, just in case...
    To be fair, I was indoors. Did try running it outside for two minutes after that and no response...
  7.    #27  
    I'm sorry but I cannot duplicate this problem. It is very strange if other GPS programs are working.

About the only suggestions I can offer are to get the new version this week, delete the old one before updating, and reset your Pre. Then go outside and try the app. I just got my position within a few seconds, and I am inside my house.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not hearing about it, and there are 10,000 downloads of this app.
    OK, whatever you did in 1.3.1 has fixed my problem!

The only thing I can think of is that I'm on Bell and maybe the Bell version of the updates to WebOS have something missing or added that your app came up against? Otherwise I am patch-free.

Really nice app, thanks for all the troubleshooting help.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    OK, whatever you did in 1.3.1 has fixed my problem!

The only thing I can think of is that I'm on Bell and maybe the Bell version of the updates to WebOS have something missing or added that your app came up against? Otherwise I am patch-free.

Really nice app, thanks for all the troubleshooting help.
    Just for reference, does it make any difference if you turn on the local address feature?
    Just for reference, does it make any difference if you turn on the local address feature?
    I'm not seeing any huge difference. Might be a little bit slower, and it adds the text Near: not undefined!
  11.    #31  
    If you have a data connection, the nearby address should work. Unless it only works if you are in the USA. Hmmm. Does the nearby address work for anyone who is not in the USA? That is one thing I haven't tested...

If you have a data connection, the nearby address should work. Unless it only works if you are in the USA. Hmmm. Does the nearby address work for anyone who is not in the USA? That is one thing I haven't tested...
    I'm in Canada. So you just need one other non-USA tester.
    Nice addition to my "Navigation" page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12