Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!

Today i'm releasing the version 2.0 of my app : iCopter (the first version was out 2 weeks ago, but I've worked a lot on it lately).

This new version bring numerous enhancements like : three new 'game mode', help section, settings, and you can win trophy to unlock new features... Really, the game experience is not the same as before. (i hope )

What's more field creation is now better, and overall speed has been improved. Pixi support is also a lot better.

Please try it out by cliking on this link : Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    (it is also available in the app catalog)

Any feedback is welcomed! (Share your bestscore and trophy you unlocked here)

Thanks!

PS : The rating of the app comes from the first version, but the game evolved a lot since the beginning.

PS 2: Please forgive me for my terrible english , and please consider that i can't test it an actual devices (pixi/pre) since i'm not rich enough (i'm eighteen) to buy one... all testing has been done in the emulator.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    I forgot to mention that there is also the endurance mode : it's a modewith a fuel management (it's explained with more details in help section )

Physics also changed : it's a little bit tougher.

A+
    I have the first version so will check out this later. Hall of fame looks interesting.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks a lot. Since the first version, prety much everything has changed
    Hall of fame & trophy took me a lot of time, but it adds a goal to the game.

Glad to hear that you already got first version!
    The icons for the powerups are too small and barely visible. Other than that nice additions.
  6.    #6  
    Glad you tried! I'm sorry, but i'm not sure of which icon you are talking about : during the launch card animation, or in the launcher? (my pc skip the card animation so i can't test)

By the way, how long is the lauching? (in my pc it's nearly instant)

Thanks jhoff80!
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    Glad you tried! I'm sorry, but i'm not sure of which icon you are talking about : during the launch card animation, or in the launcher? (my pc skip the card animation so i can't test)

By the way, how long is the lauching? (in my pc it's nearly instant)

Thanks jhoff80!
    In the actual game. The fuel/star icons in endurance mode, and alcohol/ other powerup icons in bonus mode.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you for your reply. I'ill fix this issue when i have time (I hope this week).
  9.    #9  
    Ok, i've submitted to palm the version 2.0.1 which add bigger icons by default (and you can now choose the size in settings menu). It also add bug fixes, mainly in 'hall of fame'.

Good night!
  10.    #10  
    I'm now working on 2.0.2, which should solve a lot of speed issue. I will release as fast as i can.
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Looks good so far! Since tapping on the screen tends to block the view, could you make the space bar act like a screen tap?

Also, a minor point: in the Field Settings pref, you might want to change "stripped" to "striped".

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Looks good so far! Since tapping on the screen tends to block the view, could you make the space bar act like a screen tap?
    Hmm.. for me, the space bar does.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm.. for me, the space bar does.
    Me too! (I swear on a stack of bibles it didn't work when I tried it earlier!)

The good news: I just beat my previous high score by ~50% using the space bar.

Thanks!

Tom
  14.    #14  
    TomJ, thanks a lot for the error (i correct it, should be in 2.0.2 version). Do you have speed issue (i can't test since i don't own a webOS device) ? A lot of user are reporting some... I'm actually trying to speed up the game.

In order to leave the view clear, my tip is using the bottom-right corner so the finger don't hide an important part of the screen.

Good game!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    Do you have speed issue (i can't test since i don't own a webOS device) ? A lot of user are reporting some... I'm actually trying to speed up the game.
    Well, no problem in "Classic" mode with speed set to "slow". (I've only just started playing -- fond memories of SFCave on my PalmIII.) Of course, there's the typical WebOS pause that all apps seem to suffer, about 30s into the game. (OS garbage collection?)

Now that I've figured out how to use my space bar would it be possible to extend it's use to all screen taps (i.e. starting the game, exiting game after crash, etc.)?

In the meantime, I'll try to increase my skill so that I can be a better tester of app speed.

Regards,
    Tom
  16.    #16  
    Ok! 2.0.2 will also include 'space bar for all screen taps'

So speed IS an issue... Especially in bonus mode... I think i got work.
    Thanks a lot for your report!

17.    #17  
    Space bar for all added Need to wait until palm release it! (it will come along great speed improvement)

It's pretty good, except that it's a bit sluggish compared to The Helicopter Game.
  19.    #19  
    I hope to make version 2.0.2 as fast as the helicopter game thanks for reporting!

I like it now I have 2 heli games make a game you can shoot things for the pixi on sprint I'll try it and if I like it I'll give you some $$$$...thanks for making a nice game man graphics are cool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast