Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I'm considering a 'space invaders' mode where you shot aliens... But right now i'm focusing on speed. In one or two weeks, maybe!
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    Ok! 2.0.2 will also include 'space bar for all screen taps'
    Excellent -- thanks! I will watch for the update.
    So speed IS an issue...
    I hope you didn't misunderstand -- so far I've only played Classic mode, slow speed, and your app speed does not appear to be an issue here. You'll have to find out from others about the other modes/speeds, for now.

Regards,
    Tom
  3.    #23  
    Yes, but i want my game to be very smooth, in all game type, whatever the speed is
    But it's difficult since i'm using sdk and not pdk!

Awesome, Thanks
  5.    #25  
    Thanks! if you like the app, rate it
    On speed issues, I've now added options to deactivate rounded corners for 'middle blocks' and block size will be doubled by default (witch basically doubles performances) as well as small code optimizations. All those improvements will appear in version 2.0.2, while version 2.0.1 is only bug fixes and has been submitted to palm a week ago.

Anyway, glad to see that you are looking forward new updates

6.    #26  
    2.0.1 is out, mainly bug fixes and add an options for choosing bonus size.

I'm now focusing in next release, witch will improve the game a lot (performance-wise) but wont add new features (or very small ones). It will also improve the gameplay ("physics" of the game).

Thomas

I've just recently started using Mode Switcher homebrew app, which has the ability to store different system settings (volume, screen brightness, phone status, etc.) in different profiles, and load them based on different triggers (time, charging status, etc.). I'm finding what might be interaction issues with iCopter; many times when I'm playing iCopter, Mode Switcher will reload the Default mode. According to the author of Mode Switcher, this reloading behavior only happens when memory is getting very low. When it happens, it freezes the game for tens of seconds, and pretty much causes game loss. I've never seen this behavior at any other times, but it happens pretty consistently with iCopter (both v2.0.0, and now with v2.0.1).

Otherwise, I'm still enjoying iCopter, and look forward to newer versions!

Regards,
    Tom
  8.    #28  
    Hi, thanks for the report!

I will try to fix this, but don't think it's a memory issue... Palm pre & pixi have both 256M of memory. However, I will test the memory footprint of my app. Do you get 'too many cards open' error while iCopter is launched?
    And can you give me a link to a page where i can discuss to the 'Mode Switcher' developper? Maybe it will help to find the problem.

By the way, do you own a palm pixi,pre or pre plus, and do you use patches?

Thanks again,
    Thomas

Hi, thanks for the report!

I will try to fix this, but don't think it's a memory issue... Palm pre & pixi have both 256M of memory. However, I will test the memory footprint of my app. Do you get 'too many cards open' error while iCopter is launched?
    Nope. I don't see any sign of trouble until I'm in the middle of the game, and then the game gets very laggy, and freezes for a while.

And can you give me a link to a page where i can discuss to the 'Mode Switcher' developper? Maybe it will help to find the problem.
    Here's the Mode Switcher thread in the Homebrew section:

Mode Switcher

And here's the thread where he answers the question of why the Default Profile in Mode Switcher would reload: Low Memory Explanation
    And here's his answer to my report of the same issue: Reply to my report
    By the way, do you own a palm pixi,pre or pre plus, and do you use patches?
    I have a Palm Pre (Sprint), and I do use patches - nothing too controversial. No overclocking.

Take this report for what it's worth, but there's a small chance that it's a sign of a memory leak....

Regards,
    Tom
  10.    #30  
    Hi,

I've tested the memory footprint of my app, and it seems fine. I haven't find any memory leaks or too important usage of memory... Maybe there is a conflict between the two apps, but it's really weird since iCopter don't use 'special features' or something that could create a conflict.

I'm sorry but i really don't know what i can do .

You don't seems to have performance issues, but would you like the game to be smoother, i.e. more screen refresh (it would refresh every two pixels instead of every 10 pixels) ?

Thanks, and i'm really sorry about the mode switcher bug

Hi,

I've tested the memory footprint of my app, and it seems fine. I haven't find any memory leaks or too important usage of memory... Maybe there is a conflict between the two apps, but it's really weird since iCopter don't use 'special features' or something that could create a conflict.

I'm sorry but i really don't know what i can do .
    Thanks for checking -- I hope it wasn't too much trouble. I know it's hard to track down conflicts between software, and it seems likely that your app is not the issue, as you say.

You don't seems to have performance issues, but would you like the game to be smoother, i.e. more screen refresh (it would refresh every two pixels instead of every 10 pixels) ?
    Well, smoother is always better, if you can do it without other compromises. (Seems like the "other" 'copter game is pretty choppy by comparison.) It would really be interesting to see what a 5x (!) improvement would look like. Until then, I'm looking forward to 2.0.2.

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Please change the name.
  13.    #33  
    Thanks TomJ! I'm making good progress with the next version. I only need to remove some bugs et voila!

@Cashen : Why? I like iCopter. But if you have a suggestion, please tell me and i will consider it

Thomas

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    how about a throttle version, where the helicopter gradually gets faster and faster, after starting off slowly. Mate had this on his android phone, and was good fun.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12