Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I've tried to buy it multiple times and I keep getting a "Purchase Failed" message every time.
    I received an e-mail earlier from someone else getting a "purchase failed" error, and saw a tweet saying the same thing. I've been watching some of the other apps on the App Gallery here on pre|central, and it looks like the pages on developer.palm.com have been going down, then back up again all afternoon.

Not sure what's up.
    Last edited by PoVRAZOR; 05/04/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    I plan on purchasing this as soon as I can. It looks fantastic.

Thanks so much for supporting Palm!
    I want to buy this but I am also getting the Purchase Failed error.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Still getting it...

I see three reviews on it so some people have been able to buy it.
    Last edited by r-nice; 05/04/2010 at 06:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I was one of the lucky ones who was able to buy (in the UK) not to rub it in but its an excellent game.

I got the same error on Friday whilst trying to buy Tweetme and that seemed to get sorted quickly.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    IS this the same PMT50016 error that i'm getting trying to buy YouView Visual Voicemail?
    I'm also getting the PMT50016 error when trying to purchase apps. The app catalog search also isn't working as well as app urls. Seems like the app catalog is broke
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    No search for app catalog here, either. Haven't tried to buy anything, so can't comment on that.
    For the record this game is fantastic and I love it - but it crashes *LOTS*. I haven't been able to finish a game yet. Hope there is an update on the way.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    For the record this game is fantastic and I love it - but it crashes *LOTS*. I haven't been able to finish a game yet. Hope there is an update on the way.
    It hasn't completely crashed on me but does stutter somewhat especially if I get notifications. But an update would be welcome =)
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    That's strange. What webOS version are you running, and is it a regular Pre or a Pre Plus? Also Benuk, if you could let me know what version you're running too, that would be great.

Edit: Scroll down for a workaround until 1.0.1 is available
    Last edited by PoVRAZOR; 05/04/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PoVRAZOR View Post
    That's strange. What webOS version are you running, and is it a regular Pre or a Pre Plus? Also Benuk, if you could let me know what version you're running too, that would be great.
    Hi,

I have a GSM uk Pre

webOS version: 1.4.1
    Carrier: ROW
    Model name: PrPrPr&#$275$;
    SDK version: 338

If you want me to test / try anything let me know.

Ben
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I think there is an issue with the App catalog today, I get "Purchase Failed" trying to purchase other apps also.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrausch View Post
    I think there is an issue with the App catalog today, I get "Purchase Failed" trying to purchase other apps also.
    This has been confirmed by Palm on twitter

Twitter / Palm webOSdev:
    Thanks Benuk. I've been chatting with errade over private message, and it seems you both have the same device and webOS version, though on different carriers. Interestingly, you mentioned having the SDK, so I'm wondering if we (Palm and I) missed something when doing the early PDK compatibility stuff. Hmm...

Last edited by PoVRAZOR; 05/04/2010 at 05:55 PM.
    Okay, I think I might have figured out the problem, but I'm just waiting to hear back from errade. If I'm right, it's just that the Pre is missing an "appdata" folder. So anyone running in to the same problem just has to connect their device to a computer, select the "USB Drive" option, and create a folder called "appdata" on it (all lower case). As soon as this is confirmed, I'll get an update together and send it off.

Last edited by PoVRAZOR; 05/04/2010 at 05:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Hi,

Sorry if my data confused the situation I copied it from the tweetme sup email, I am on the same carrier as errade O2 the carrier above is the config I believe.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Okay, confirmed.

So until I can get 1.0.1 in the Catalog, I'd suggest everyone do the following, so you don't run in to any issues.

Workaround for Smiles 1.0.0
    (Not required for Smiles 1.0.1 and newer)

1. connect your Pre to a computer.
    2. touch the "USB Drive" button on the Pre
    3. on your computer, check if there's a folder called "appdata" on the Pre
    4a. if the folder exists, you're fine
    4b. if the folder doesn't exist, create it. "appdata", all lower case.
    5. Done. Disconnect your device and you're ready to play.

Smiles 1.0.1 and newer will do this automatically. Anyone running webOS 1.4.1.1 (or better) or the SDK/PDK shouldn't have this problem. This is just a temporary workaround until I can get 1.0.1 in to the Catalog.
    Last edited by PoVRAZOR; 05/04/2010 at 07:42 PM.
    [ Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment | Mike on Twitter | Blog ]
    Smiles [Drop Video, Zen Video] the award winning puzzle game is now on webOS 1.4.0+ (PDK)
    Now Available: Smiles Zen and Smiles Drop (standalone) with Pixi support! (1.4.5+ only)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Sorry if my data confused the situation I copied it from the tweetme sup email, I am on the same carrier as errade O2 the carrier above is the config I believe.
    Not at all. I didn't expect carrier to really make a difference, it's more for my curiousity. I had a theory, but I'm glad you mentioned SDK, as that's what helped confirm to me what the problem was.

Alright! Now to get that update together and sent off.

Thanks everyone!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast