Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    An application that updates its icon to show the current weather conditions and temp.

I made it so that i dont have to open an app to check the weather everytime someone asks. I put it in the launch bar and i can check the weather conditions while watching a video clip, browsing etc. without pausing or minimizing losing that little bit of screen real estate to a notification.

Its free.

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

any suggestions or ideas post below or email me @ support@abesapps.com
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Is there a way to update it without turning the screen on or pulling up a Notification?? ...to just update in the background??
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Hi any chance you can release this internationally as I get 'This application is not available in your country' here in the UK.

Thanks
  4.    #4  
    version 1.1.1 was submitted to palm it should show up in that link soon(within 1hr), it adds

ability to turn of banners, and celsius support and is available in canada, uk, us, ireland.

more international support coming soon.

to get the weather in a different language add the lang code to the zipcode
    Language: Google supported language code in ISO 639-1 format List of ISO 639-1 codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ex.
    11204&hl=fr will get the weather in french
    11204&hl=il.......
    Awesome. Loving the footprint for this app.
    GPS would be nice. Also if there was a way for icon and temp to appear when pre is turned on but not unlocked (like weather dashboard.) That is, if we could see the weather without moving the unlock slider.
    Laissez Faire
    Best weather app I've used yet...no need to open the app to get at quick information, and when you do open the app to get extended forecasts it has an awesome splash screen...hope more devs go with fun uses like this. (and the icon changes as the weather does - with controllable timed updates)
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpixi View Post
    Best weather app I've used yet...no need to open the app to get at quick information, and when you do open the app to get extended forecasts it has an awesome splash screen...hope more devs go with fun uses like this. (and the icon changes as the weather does - with controllable timed updates)
    I agree totally...been using weatherbug for some time now, but you have to wait for it to load your location.....this app has instant info...doppler radar would make this the king of weather apps...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I love this app! It is fast, easy to use, and clever in the use of the icon to report current conditions and temp-two of things I am most interested in at a glance.

I would really like to see the app feature display of severe weather alerts.

Also, I think a link on the page with the forecast to a radar display would be very handy. Imagine being able to set, in preferences, the website you'd like to use to view weather radar and the location. Then, you tap and it takes you (presumably using a new Web card) to the predefined link or service to show you the radar for your location. Some examples could be:
    1)National Weather Service (Mobile)
    2)Weather Underground (Mobile). It would be neat to be able to select from several radar choices in the preferences and/or set your own.

Thanks for listening and your excellent work!
    I really like this application, but it seems to lose my location every time I reboot.
  11.    #11  
    are you sure it loses your location? It is probably just waiting for the next update, you can wait for the update time (the amount of time you set it to update) or open the application(it will have your location) and press set
    Yeah I worded my post incorrectly. My zip is still saved in the app, but the icon will not update until I load the app and click Set, or wait for the interval, which I have set at 60m to save battery. Is there any way to have it run an update when the phone boots for those of us who have long intervals?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Yeah I worded my post incorrectly. My zip is still saved in the app, but the icon will not update until I load the app and click Set, or wait for the interval, which I have set at 60m to save battery. Is there any way to have it run an update when the phone boots for those of us who have long intervals?

Hi just to chime in that I am having the same issue as tobias funke update on startup would be good.

Thanks for the excellent free app
    You can use Mode Switcher and put it in as an app to start in some mode, and then use that mode during the time when you want it to start.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    You can use Mode Switcher and put it in as an app to start in some mode, and then use that mode during the time when you want it to start.
    I already have it set to open at 8:30 AM as part of my Daily Briefing mode, but my phone will crash and reset on its own every once in a while, or when I am testing a patch or theme I am working on I may have reset the phone more often than usual and it gets annoying to have to keep opening the app to get the "NO DATA" sign to go away.

Personally I would rather write a patch for the app that forces an initial update than open it every single time and click Set. I was just seeing it the developer would be willing to code this into a new version. :-) If not it is no problem.
    I got this app and I agree it is great. I do have one suggestion to the dev. I would like it if after sundown the icons change to moon instead of sun. Its just a little weird to look at my phone and see a big sun with the temp when its like 10pm. I know it just an aesthetic preference but would be a nice addition.
    I just did a search for this app, and nothing came up.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I think Palm are currently having issues with the app cat http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...n-just-me.html confirmed earlier on Twitter Twitter / chuq von rospach: @Syntactix yes, the catalo ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    I think Palm are currently having issues with the app cat http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...n-just-me.html confirmed earlier on Twitter Twitter / chuq von rospach: @Syntactix yes, the catalo ...
    Thanks, didn't realize it was down.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Great App! No more 'no data' icon either. thanks

i was waiting for a heads up weather app since day one, one that i don't have to launch to see current conditions/temp.
    Last edited by Dissizit; 05/05/2010 at 07:59 AM. Reason: update
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast