Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    What changed in the new update?
    Nothing in the UI, I fixed a bug relating to the automatic updates and GPS, It had to do with webOS Garbage cleaning clearing the GPS and other results before the app could read them, which in turn could maybe be the reason the GPS would stop working and need a restart, I'm not sure but i hope it fixes it.

BTW i'm working on a new app, it still needs a little polishing but its almost here it will be a clock/weather widget here is a screen shot. [IMG]
    im looking for some beta testers it should be avail. saturday night in the private beta catalog. anyone who wants to test please post in this thread.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abegee; 08/05/2010 at 03:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I would love to beta test
    I'd like to beta test the new app. I use the App Scoop for the beta apps, can I get it there if its private? Never gotten a private one...unless I need homebrew, which I dont use. Let me know. Looks great! I appreciate your support for your apps. I just posted about Simpleweather, as I use it too as a 2nd source, and wish it would work properly. Your app seems to be working again fine for me :-D Is there any chance you may implement the option to use different icons in the future? Even perhaps in a paid app? I love the icons on simpleweather, they seem to be pulled from a widget source perhaps. Thanks again.
    If you are looking for Beta tester, I would love to volunteer!!
    I'll give the beta a try as long as it is "easy" to install/uninstall
  6.    #166  
    thise interested in beta testing my new app please contact me at support @ abesapps dot com.
    Thanks
    I would like to help test.
    Is it possible to have the option to have WeatherIcon display what the weather is forecasted to be in the future? For example, I would love to have the app show the forecasted temperature and weather in, say, 2 or 4 hours from the current time.

I love the app, btw.
    Just download it. Its promising. Thanks
    Hey everyone...first off, I'd like to say that WeatherIcon is easily one of the best weather programs in the app catalog. To get to the reasoning for my post... I'm getting an error with the GPS. I'm getting the "Permission Denied - The user has not accepted the terms of use for the Google Location Service, or the Google Service is off, this application will use the default zipcode, or the zipcode you enter"

I opened up Google Maps, however I don't get anything that pops up asking me to accept any sort of terms of use. I went into the Location Services application in the phone and turned "Auto Locate" to on, however that didn't fix the issue either.

Does anyone else know how to go about getting the GPS function of this to work?
  11.    #171  
    in the location services app open the app menu, (in the top left hand corner) and tap "google services") if that doesn't help you should try restarting the phone.

Abe
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    in the location services app open the app menu, (in the top left hand corner) and tap "google services") if that doesn't help you should try restarting the phone.

Abe
    You're a life saver. That actually worked! Thanks buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    Nothing in the UI, I fixed a bug relating to the automatic updates and GPS, It had to do with webOS Garbage cleaning clearing the GPS and other results before the app could read them, which in turn could maybe be the reason the GPS would stop working and need a restart, I'm not sure but i hope it fixes it.

BTW i'm working on a new app, it still needs a little polishing but its almost here it will be a clock/weather widget here is a screen shot. [IMG]
    im looking for some beta testers it should be avail. saturday night in the private beta catalog. anyone who wants to test please post in this thread.
    Thanks.
    Are you still working on this? I am willing to be a beta tester.
    I think he already officially released this...i recall seeing it a few weeks ago I believe?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I think he already officially released this...i recall seeing it a few weeks ago I believe?
    What is it called?
    I cant seem to find it now...i even looked in the beta apps, but I def seen it, I think it was $1.99...maybe he pulled it...any updates abe?
    Hey Abe do you know why when I try and get my location for WI it loads my coordinates, but then never loads my city and state? I tried resetting the gps but that didn't do anything either.

Christian
    Last edited by omr6535; 09/10/2010 at 11:39 PM.
    mine does the same thing
    Same here for the last 2 weeks.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    mine has not been working for the past week or so either... whats the deal?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast