Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    the toggle to celsius, is made for the Icon, not the in app forecast, the british version now converts the forecast and so does the german version, if you have a different version, I will have to add some code, so please note which version Pre you have and which language its running.

Abe
    palm pre sprint version.eng.
    use in china,lol...
    i mean need 'c in app forecast
    It is difficult to restart after a reset. Is ther a way to set it so a tap automatically changes the4 icon? The app can start without changing the information on the icon; it remains wi until some "set" button is pushed and that button is not on the main screen.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    It is difficult to restart after a reset. Is ther a way to set it so a tap automatically changes the4 icon? The app can start without changing the information on the icon; it remains wi until some "set" button is pushed and that button is not on the main screen.
    I believe that is something the developers are not privy too in the API. Agenda functions the same way, where you have to update the app so that the information on the icon is correct. It only happens after a restart. (I personally do not restart my phone that often.)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I believe that is something the developers are not privy too in the API. Agenda functions the same way, where you have to update the app so that the information on the icon is correct. It only happens after a restart. (I personally do not restart my phone that often.)
    Yes but with Agenda just opening the app updates the icon. With Weathericon more is needed. You have to hit "Set" and that is not on the main screen.
    Laissez Faire
    Yes but with Agenda just opening the app updates the icon. With Weathericon more is needed. You have to hit "Set" and that is not on the main screen.
    I love this app a lot.. and the best part is it's FREE.
  6.    #106  
    a few people have asked for the icon to be set automatically when the application is launched, I will try to set this up for the next update.

Edit: This feature didn't make it into the next update.

version 1.2.4
    app will now show sunrise sunset times when using GPS or Auto Locate.
    fixed auto locate bug
    locations now use city and state not zip code (some europeans where getting US weather)
    changed time in application from to 12 hr clock.

I will test it tonight and submit for approval tommorow.

Abe
    Last edited by abegee; 06/07/2010 at 10:39 PM.
    'c in app forecast
    which version?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    if you could do this for the Canadian version too, that would be great!
    thanks for the great app!
    any chance of getting celcius in the forecast for us lowly canadians?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I'm having the problem that others have reported, where the icon doesn't update on its own.

I restarted my phone last night, and as of right now (about 12 hours later) the icon is still showing the "WI". I did not go back into the preferences and choose "set" yet.

I've also seen situations without a reset, where the temperature of the icon doesn't update overnight (shows like 75 degrees from yesterday, even though the actual temperature shown in the weather data is 65).

I'm using a Sprint Palm Pre, latest version of the application, with AutoLocate on.

What could be causing this? How can it be resolved?

PS - I also second the notion that the icon should update when you open the app and view the weather...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with the icon not updating. It was stuck at 78 degrees when it was 95 degrees outside and when launched it showed 95 degrees. I removed the app and reinstalled and now it always shows "WI," which is not very helpful. I loved the app when it was showing the correct temp on the launch bar.
  11.    #111  
    some users have been reporting these issues, I've looked into it and it seems the GPS and location services (the webOS service that gets the zipcode/cityname) sometimes just stop working for no apparent reason, I've ,entioned it on the Palm dev forum and other devs are having similar problems, the first thing to do is to update the app to the latest version ( it has some extra code to try help with the above issues ) you should turn off auto-locate if you don't need it.

Abe
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    I have the same problem with the icon not updating. It was stuck at 78 degrees when it was 95 degrees outside and when launched it showed 95 degrees. I removed the app and reinstalled and now it always shows "WI," which is not very helpful. I loved the app when it was showing the correct temp on the launch bar.
    can you explain what you mean it always shows WI, did you reset your location after reinstalling?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I thought I had reset it, but tried again and it seems to be working. I thought if you were using autolocate that you did not need to set the location. Thanks, its back on my launch bar.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    I thought I had reset it, but tried again and it seems to be working. I thought if you were using autolocate that you did not need to set the location. Thanks, its back on my launch bar.
    the reason the updates can stop after a reset is that, while the phone restarts the application wakes and cannot set the next update, it's something I have no control over.

same as with the "GPS" and location services, if they stop working there is nothing I can do to start them again, on a phone restart will help.

Abe
  15.    #115  
    I've discovered a bug in webOS, it's detailed here Forums webOS • View topic - (Error): "requireDefined Failed: value was expected to be...
    it can cause the app to stop updating

I have a workaround in the next update, am testing it now and I hope to have it in the catalog early next week.
    'c in forecast?
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    I am still a newby, but when I try to use gps it tells me " Permission Denied- the user has not accepted the terms of use for google location services, or the services are turned off.

You can cancel. I found it. working now . thanks
    run the google maps app and accept the terms and conditions if you haven't done so already
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    any chance of getting celcius in the forecast for us lowly canadians?
    i see this is done now. thanks a lot!
    I wanted to drop in and say how awesome this app is. The single best weather app all because of the use of the icon. Way to go man. I show off your app all the time. "how'd you find out the weather so fast!?" "check this **** out!"
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast