Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    They are called haters...
    yeah.
    switch the app to display in Celcius,just display Celcius,not Farenheit.
    Love this app, thanks!!!!
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolabc View Post
    yeah.
    switch the app to display in Celcius,just display Celcius,not Farenheit.
    the toggle to celsius, is made for the Icon, not the in app forecast, the british version now converts the forecast and so does the german version, if you have a different version, I will have to add some code, so please note which version Pre you have and which language its running.

Abe
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I just wanted to say thank you for this application! I have to admit, using the Application's Icon as a live feed was a stroke of genius! I hope you don't let the nay-sayers get you down because I can't wait to see what else that you come out with.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    why would someone do this to me
    this is a review on weatherIcon

this simply isn't true, I never said I wouldn't support my apps, this guy also attacked me on Precentral and called me names. I can take personal attacks but if he starts badly reviewing my apps I will remove them!!

see here http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2488571

I pay money every month for the image storage and the server, and give this app away for FREE with no ads, and this is the treatment I get???

Sorry to you guys but I will not tolerate this treatment.
    Lets look at the whole thread YOU started on the Forums. Your first post was,
    "after reading this I will stop developement on my apps.

weatherIcon, myClock, findMYcar. and more, why should I work for a dying platform."

You jumped the gun as did several people about the statement by HP's CEO. Then reading your statement why should someone support an application when you say you are going to stop development. While many were saying the jumping ship (including you based on your quote above) the person you are complaining about was one of the few that kept trying to reassure people that the quote by HP's CEO was taken out of context and everyone should wait for clarification. Come to find out the media not only took it out of context by not quoting the whole question that was asked, but clarification came the next day.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    the toggle to celsius, is made for the Icon, not the in app forecast, the british version now converts the forecast and so does the german version, if you have a different version, I will have to add some code, so please note which version Pre you have and which language its running.

Abe
    if you could do this for the Canadian version too, that would be great!
    thanks for the great app!
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonic View Post
    Lets look at the whole thread YOU started on the Forums. Your first post was,
    "after reading this I will stop developement on my apps.

weatherIcon, myClock, findMYcar. and more, why should I work for a dying platform."

You jumped the gun as did several people about the statement by HP's CEO. Then reading your statement why should someone support an application when you say you are going to stop development. While many were saying the jumping ship (including you based on your quote above) the person you are complaining about was one of the few that kept trying to reassure people that the quote by HP's CEO was taken out of context and everyone should wait for clarification. Come to find out the media not only took it out of context by not quoting the whole question that was asked, but clarification came the next day.

DIDN'T I MAKE A QUESTION IN THE POLL ASKING IF THE DEVS WHERE WAITING FOR CLARIFICATION???? DIDN'T I WRITE THAT I VOTED FOR CLARIFICATION!!! PLEASE READ THE POST YOU QUOTED, INCLUDING THE EDIT PART I ADDED MINUTES LATER, DO NOT MISQUOTE ME.

I may have jumped the gun a little, (which wasn't entirely my fault, due to the way the media reported the story ), if you read my post in full, I wrote that i was pausing development and that i had voted for "waiting for clarification", i then added another post clarifying that I would continue to support my apps and answer emails, and that I was only stopping development of new apps and added features.

over 50% of the devs in the POLL said they where waiting fro clarification, and 25% said they had compleatly stopped, SO it wasn't ME it was all the devs, who where shocked at the way HP was dropping out of the smartphone line.

Now if I decide to stop developing my apps thats my choice, I made them and they are fully functional, I am bound by my contract with PALM to support my apps as long as they are in the catalog, and I clearly stated I would do so, (the ******* you are talking about, ignored anything I said.)

To leave a review that is against anything I said, and give a free application a zero rating, is acting like a child.
    abegee, just like you reacted poorly to misconstrued comments of an HP executive, some people reacted poorly to your misconstrued comments about supporting your apps.

I don't think you have any right to be surprised.

I never got the impression that you were going to stop supporting your applications, but I can see how some may have thought that.

Anyways, I really like WeatherIcon, but I can no longer update it, because I use a black & white theme for my phone. I ran a very long photoshop batch script modifying all of the images to black & white. But now the app stores all the photos on your servers, so I cannot modify them. The older version works well enough that I am happy, but I wish I was not missing out on the new features. Thanks for a great app.
  10.    #90  
    I understood people misunderstood my comments, so I clarified and that should have ended it, for some reason someone made it his business to come after me even after I cleared things up!!!

I really don't understand some people .
  11.    #91  
    , I really like WeatherIcon, but I can no longer update it, because I use a black & white theme for my phone. I ran a very long photoshop batch script modifying all of the images to black & white. But now the app stores all the photos on your servers, so I cannot modify them. The older version works well enough that I am happy, but I wish I was not missing out on the new features. Thanks for a great app.
    I'm thinking of adding some different icon sets, but that's alot of work and will take time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    abegee, just like you reacted poorly to misconstrued comments of an HP executive, some people reacted poorly to your misconstrued comments about supporting your apps.

I don't think you have any right to be surprised.
    Exactly, abagee. That is what happens when quotes and comments are not seen in their entirety. Remember your initial post was edited to include the part that you were waiting for clarification.

Just read the comments that people made about Hurd after that statement and you can understand the passion that posters have. Also realize that for every passionate negative poster/reviewer there are many more that are quietly being positive. The negative ones tend to be the most outspoken on anything.
  13.    #93  
    does anyone have/knowoff a weather icon set, that is free for non commercial use, please post links to weather icon packs, I would like to give a choice of icons for weathericon.

Abe
    Thanks for the new update! Can't wait to see the moon icon.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    Thanks for the new update! Can't wait to see the moon icon.
    be sure to use the gps or auto/locate to get the night icons, using zipcode or city name doesn't get night icons YET
    does anyone have/knowoff a weather icon set, that is free for non commercial use, please post links to weather icon packs, I would like to give a choice of icons for weathericon.

Abe
    If you e-mail me the full icon set you are using in a .zip file at lindsay@jupiterns.org I will convert it to black & white and send it back to you ASAP.

I would be ecstatic to be able to choose it as a setting in the application instead of being stuck with an old version!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonic View Post
    ... Also realize that for every passionate negative poster/reviewer there are many more that are quietly being positive. The negative ones tend to be the most outspoken on anything.
    Abegee,

I for one am positive that I wasn't negative OR outspoken on anything...partly because I must have been asleep during the hoopla here. I think this is a unique and useful app, I thank you for creating it. Try to let the negativity roll off your back like a duck's back on water...or something like that.

Cyclonic makes the excellent point that more often than not, it is the people ticked off that are more likely to post than a happy and satisfied user...especially if that happy user just finished a big steak...or veggie-burger patty if they are vegetarian.

I just moved it into my quicklaunch icons and I know that it's sunny /partly cloudy and 83 degrees F.)
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    If you e-mail me the full icon set you are using in a .zip file at I will convert it to black & white and send it back to you ASAP.

I would be ecstatic to be able to choose it as a setting in the application instead of being stuck with an old version!
    HI I don't think you should post an email in the open, spam bots will pick it up, send me your email via PM, it will take some time for me to update the app with image pack choices.
  19.    #99  
    HI I've been getting some reports of battery drain, only 2 or 3 out of 20000, so her are some tips to save battery.

Turn of Auto Locate if you don't need it the weather isn't different over small areas. So if your not traveling there is no need for auto-locate.
    2. Time between icon updates can be changed from 1 minute to 3 hours, so change the amount to save battery.
    3. The application will use less battery as time goes by, since the icon images are saved, and they don't need to be downloaded.

Abe
    I may be able to make some basic icons, if anyone wants, its up to you to do the whole technical thing...
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast