Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    loving this app!! thanks!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Just update to v1.1.2, performed lunar restart, and after about one minute, it automatically started itself up. Nice fix! Just a warning, until the auto startup happened, I saw an rainy icon with a temp 30 degrees off--I'm guessing it's some sort of a placeholder until data is updated.
  3.    #23  
    thanks for reporting that the update works, I believe the icon you saw was 52 chance of rain, that's the default icon, d you have an idea for a better placeholder icon?
    Last edited by abegee; 05/04/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    thanks for reorting that the update works, I believe the icon you saw was 52 chance of rain, that's the default icon, d you have an idea for a better placeholder icon?
    No, I just mentioned it so that others wouldn't be concerned that there might be an error. It is good to know that's the default icon.

Hmmm...maybe a sun with a WI (for WeatherIcon) instead of a temp?
    Ugh. Can't find the app. Sure wish Palm would fix the store. I've been waiting for an app like this. Sounds very promising.

Update: Tried the direct link via the Precental App page, and still no love.
    At least I was able to get a preview of it. Can't wait to get it on my Pre.
    Last edited by o jrod o; 05/04/2010 at 04:36 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    No, I just mentioned it so that others wouldn't be concerned that there might be an error. It is good to know that's the default icon.

thats a great idea, cannot understand why i didnt think of it. thanks
  7.    #27  
    Still not working. I will check later.
    That link worked for me abegee. Installing right now. Thanks!
    Also, for night time having the moon instead of the sun. Instead of blue background you could put black or gray for night time. I love the app. The only problem now is getting back on my phone. I had to doctor it just a short time ago and now I can't re-download it. Just tried this at 6:30 ET and it say This is not a valid webOS application. This is in the app catalog. Developer page says
    The application is not currently available. Please try again later.

Of course it says there is an update yet I don't have it installed yet.

Otherwise, it is a great application. It little more tweaking will make it a little better. Night time look will be a nice touch.
  11.    #31  
    see above

to do night time the app will grow to 150mb so I can't do that yet
    Don't know why, but when I installed this app, my Pre crashed hard. I had to Doctor it to fix the problem. Pre never so much as glitched before the app, and hasn't since. I do NOT plan on trying to install it again.
    The Saint
  13.    #33  
    i lm sorry that happened but at 500 downloads a day and your the only one I've heard that from, it's unlikely the apps fault.

be brave try again you'll like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post

Showing the temperature is exactly what I was looking for, and quite frankly I am surprised no one made yet. Kudos to you.

Since it is not possible to change the icon according to the weather why not have a thermometer icon and the current temperature? Think a thermometer with a reading (hopefully that makes sense).
  15.    #35  
    the icon does change according to the weather.
    the icon does change according to the weather.
    I just noticed that this morning. Great app thanks!!
    Abegee, What directory does this app install to on the phone? I searched /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications and couldn't find it. I really like the clear splash screen and wanted to copy the image and use it for all my apps splash screens. Unless there is an easier way to change the opacity for all the apps splash screens or if could you post the image to this thread? Thanks in advance.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    Abegee, What directory does this app install to on the phone? I searched /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications and couldn't find it. I really like the clear splash screen and wanted to copy the image and use it for all my apps splash screens. Unless there is an easier way to change the opacity for all the apps splash screens or if could you post the image to this thread? Thanks in advance.
    i will upload the image, you should get SIB iconeditor its great for png icon stuff

the image will look black but its really transparent, windows desktop manager shows clear images as black
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i had no problem finding the app directory in the normal cryptofs location

dir is com.abesapps.weather
    I saw a 1.3 version and clicked update but no mater what I do it won't download. Now I have no weathericon at all

I waited all day and seems there is no one else having this issue?

OH BTW GREAT AP!!!!!!!!!!! I just wish I could install it

"report a problem" built into the app store doesn't work...
    Last edited by joepostal; 05/07/2010 at 09:19 PM.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast