Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 292
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    If you have Preware installed on your phone just go here
    Index of /folder/weatherIconBeta
    and click on 1.4.2 and click install when preware loads with options on what to do.
    Ok, remember how I said I'm an *****? Do I go to that link on my phone? Because when I do, I get a blank page. If I go to it on my pc, it asks if I want to download, save, etc. (No, I noticed something teeny tiny on the phone page, so I blew it up and it says "Error.")

    Help please?


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  2. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Ok, remember how I said I'm an *****? Do I go to that link on my phone? Because when I do, I get a blank page. If I go to it on my pc, it asks if I want to download, save, etc. (No, I noticed something teeny tiny on the phone page, so I blew it up and it says "Error.")

    Help please?
    On your PC, download the file. Plug your phone into the PC, enter USB mode on the phone, move the file from your PC into the media/internal directory on your phone, eject the phone from the PC. Next open Preware on the phone, click in the upper left corner of the screen to show the dropdown list, and select Install Package. Browse for the ipk file you just moved onto the phone, and select it to install it. I think you can also just enter the URL directly into Preware on this same screen to install it, rather than first downloading it to the PC and transferring it to your phone, but I've never installed an app that way.... I hope this helps.
  3. #263  
    Easier still.......


    1. Open Preware and open the app dropdown menu on the top left. Select install package.



    2. Enter this URL into the field, then tap the Install button.

    (http://abesapps.com/folder/weatherIc..._1.4.2_all.ipk)



    3. Package Installing



    4. Viola.





  4. #264  
    I was just about to send an email, great work on getting a fix up so fast.
  5. #265  
    Thank you both ay and vasekvi. I did AY's method and couldn't find the "media/internals" directory (is that in a folder?), so I did the install from Preware, and after a few typos and error messages (those caps are really important!) I got it to work. Thanks again for helping out!!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  6. #266  
    now that you have preware youve unlocked a whole new world of stuff. id suggest checking out the patches section.
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by tristanstewart View Post
    now that you have preware youve unlocked a whole new world of stuff. id suggest checking out the patches section.
    Thanks. I have over 50 patches now - not sure what more I could do. I've just never downloaded in Preware before.


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Ok, remember how I said I'm an *****? Do I go to that link on my phone? Because when I do, I get a blank page. If I go to it on my pc, it asks if I want to download, save, etc. (No, I noticed something teeny tiny on the phone page, so I blew it up and it says "Error.")

    Help please?
    My way is much easier than actually typing a URL in preware. Try it again, when you go to that page in your phone and click on the ipk, preware launches automatically and asks if you want to install. This goes for any ipk you come across on the web.
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    My way is much easier than actually typing a URL in preware. Try it again, when you go to that page in your phone and click on the ipk, preware launches automatically and asks if you want to install. This goes for any ipk you come across on the web.
    I don't know what I did wrong before, but I clicked on your link again, and got the other links (before I got a blank page that said "error" ) So, yes, your way worked,too, and no typos! You guys have all been great, and you all get lots of thanks!


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  10. #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    My way is much easier than actually typing a URL in preware. Try it again, when you go to that page in your phone and click on the ipk, preware launches automatically and asks if you want to install. This goes for any ipk you come across on the web.
    I provided the url in my instructions. Copy and paste is all that was needed.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  11.    #271  
    ok, I've submitted the fix to the app catalog review team for approval, and added support for future devices
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Easier still.......

    1. Open Preware and open the app dropdown menu on the top left. Select install package.

    2. Enter this URL into the field, then tap the Install button.

    (http://abesapps.com/folder/weatherIc..._1.4.2_all.ipk)

    3. Package Installing

    4. Viola.
    Easierer still... (first Open/Install/Buy neato! from the app catalog, plus extensions for chrome/firefox etc.)

    Right click on feed url above, select "Send link via neato!", and it'll open up right to Preware's Install Package screen!

    Can't get much easier than that!
  13.    #273  
    Hi all, just wanted to report that I will no longer be supporting this application. this application will be removed from the app catalog in the next few days.


    Sorry guys but the Palm/HP developer relations and review team has just broken the last straw.

    Abe
  14. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #274  
    I am sad to hear this. I appreciate Abe's generosity in sharing and supporting this free app for so long
  15. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I am sad to hear this. I appreciate Abe's generosity in sharing and supporting this free app for so long
    I couldn't agree more.

    Abe, just curious, can you share what happened? After finding out today that my "thanks" for waiting 2 years for the next Sprint phone/update to be released was $50 off a $600 device I don't need, I'm already thinking of switching, and perhaps your story will serve to push me over the edge ;-)

    In all seriousness though, thanks for all your software and efforts over the years, and most certainly for enduring all the abuse you took from those who seemed unable to just be grateful for your FREE apps!
  16.    #276  
    I got an email from palm saying 6 of my 8 apps are not touchpad compatible, and this is 2 days before launch, I can no longer afford to make apps and support them when Palm doesn't uphold their side of the deal.

    between the internet bills and website costs I'm paying $70 a month, average app revenue in the last 4 months was $40 lol.

    I'm actually $30 a month in the RED plus all the hours I spend supporting the apps, only to have Palm ignore me and the users complain, I must be crazy
  17. #277  
    abegee you are a good developer i really like the WeatherIcon...just keep pushing thru this frustrating time and everythings gonna work out fine!!
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    abegee you are a good developer i really like the WeatherIcon...just keep pushing thru this frustrating time and everythings gonna work out fine!!
    I can only hope your correct
  19. #279  
    So sorry to hear. Great app - I rely on it. News like this doesn't increase my love or loyalty for HP. Thanks for everrything.


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    After finding out today that my "thanks" for waiting 2 years for the next Sprint phone/update to be released was $50 off a $600 device I don't need, I'm already thinking of switching, and perhaps your story will serve to push me over the edge ;-)
    I so agree! HP does not support the apps I need/want. (Off-topic here, but I got a Nook Color, rooted it and now have a great Android tablet, with a great app market. There may be an Andorid phone in my future as well.)

    Weather icon is one of my favorites. First Epocrates, now this. What's next?


    I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton

Posting Permissions