Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #241  
    Hi, I'm the developer, I'd just like to say that I will be removing the app from the catalog, since unappreciating ***heads left bad reviews this app is FREE as in I WORKED HOURS so this people can enjoy it, Instead of emailing me saying there is an issue, they gave the app a bad review, people like that don't deserve to have a smartphone and certinly don't deserve free apps.

Abe

2.    #242  
    did any one see the bad reviews I got for the FREE app not working for 3 days some people are really stupid,

This is the result of a FREE app that wasn't working 3 days

FREE as in I WORKED FOR HOURS TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR THEM, AND I DIDN'T PUT ANY ADS EITHER, I'm actually paying for image storage every month too.

I'm really thinking of pulling this app from the catalog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by abegee; 05/31/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Abe the community really appreciates your work I promise. WeatherIcon is one of those must have apps. There will always be those who are impossible to please and do not understand the time and effort involved and it happens on every platform.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Ignore those idiots who posted negative reviews. I like this app and the apis changing is no fault of the developer. You just have to take these with a grain of salt.
    Just left a 5-star rating; all of you who (like I) had neglected to rate this app should do likewise! Support great free software! {Jonathan}
  6.    #246  
    thank you and thanks to everyone who posts good reviews its the only way I get any satisfaction , I find that the people on Precentral usually have a better understanding of the issues invovled, its the people WHO CAN'T USE EMAIL AND DON'T HAVE "internets" , that complain and are ungratefull
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Just left a 5-star rating; all of you who (like I) had neglected to rate this app should do likewise! Support great free software! {Jonathan}
    Thanks
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    did any one see the bad reviews I got for the FREE app not working for 3 days some people are really stupid,

This is the result of a FREE app that wasn't working 3 days
    [url= @Zhepree just don't make your app free, thi... on Twitpic[/url]
    [url= @Zhepree just don't make your app free, thi... on Twitpic[/url]
    [url= is the result of a FREE app that wasn't working for... on Twitpic[/url]

FREE as in I WORKED FOR HOURS TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR THEM,

I'm really thinking of pulling this app from the catalog.
    I would personally understand completely if you decided to pull the app, but I'm also hoping that "a few bad apples" or bad reviews from those who may not understand exactly how api's work, how much you've given back to these forums, how much you've given of yourself to the WebOS effort, etc. don't ruin it for the rest of us. Unfortunately, as you know all too well, reviews of the nature you're referring to seem to be all too common in today's world, but I'm not sure that anything other than users learning with time, or developers and those of us who better understand how these things work ignoring such reviews, will do much to change things. It's part of the reason that I really take most reviews with a grain of salt, at most, and generally don't even read them at all unless they're from a source that I already know to be credible, knowledgeable, etc.

Here's hoping that you find your way to stay the course, but a hearty thanks for everything with regards to this app, and all your apps, help, and info in general, should you decide to pull the app altogether.

Perhaps a good compromise, if you do decide to proceed with pulling the app, would be to leave it available as Homebrew? Granted, there are certainly those who visit these forums that might present the same sort of replies/reviews, however, I think the majority of those here seem to "know better".

And to anyone who was amongst those who contributed to the bad reviews that abegee is referring to, please know that this post is not intended to be disparaging to you specifically or to put anyone down in any way, but is rather intended to commiserate with the developer and to share his pain, as I've seen first hand how nasty some reviewers can get for no reason whatsoever and/or when they're not even informed or knowledgeable about what they are posting. I'm certainly not trying to insinuate that ALL bad reviews, or whoever posted the specific offending reviews in this case, are all bad, misguided, etc. I haven't even read the reviews to which agegee is referring. I'm merely understanding where he's coming from, and recalling that I've seen some pretty harsh and misguided reviews in the past, and understanding how he must feel.

Best of luck abegee, I hope this isn't the last we see of Weather Icon, and I most certainly hope this isn't the last we hear from you. Your efforts are most appreciated.
  9.    #249  
    I would probably keep the app in homebrew since the users who have homebrew are more "knowledgeable" ( or should I say "have the INTERNETS" )

it's also much easier to update apps in homebrew.
  10.    #250  
    just wanted to add, almost 100 people did email, which shows that some people do understand.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Thank you for the fix
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Actually, the icon of the last day in the forecast does not show up. Anyone else see this?

VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    WI appears to be out of sync with the weather server again.

Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My WeatherIcon isn't working again! Got it back a few days ago after the update, but now it's not updating, either on the dashboard, or when you open the app. Did a restart and a luna restart. I love this app. I use it all the time. I hope you can get it stabilized, and I sure hope you don't pull it. It really is the best one out.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  15.    #255  
    seems like google changed back to the old version , means changing back to the old code will update shortly.

EDIT: i think I just did the fastest app update ever..

here it is

http://abesapps.com/folder/weatherIc..._1.4.2_all.ipk

older versions here:

http://abesapps.com/folder/weatherIconBeta/oldversions/
    Last edited by abegee; 06/06/2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Thanks for your hard work and fast updates. This app is better supported than any I've had to pay for so far.
    Abe, thank you for making this app and keeping it updated.
    Your experience is giving other possible developers (i.e. Me) valuable insight on keeping the masses happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    seems like google changed back to the old version , means changing back to the old code will update shortly.

EDIT: i think I just did the fastest app update ever..

here it is

http://abesapps.com/folder/weatherIc..._1.4.2_all.ipk

older versions here:

Index of /folder/weatherIconBeta/oldversions
    OK, sorry, I'm an *****. How do I get this on my phone? Thanks.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    wow google. way to screw things up, changing the api in the first place and then changing it back way late that ppl already started using the new way. very un-google-like. thanks again abe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    OK, sorry, I'm an *****. How do I get this on my phone? Thanks.
    If you have Preware installed on your phone just go here
    Index of /folder/weatherIconBeta
    and click on 1.4.2 and click install when preware loads with options on what to do.