Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #221  
    Jstop in preware can monitor memory consumption.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    abegee--you know the icon that you move to unlock the screen? Is there any chance that icon can show the current weather just as the app icon does? I think it'd be great to simply tap the power button and view the current weather without unlocking my phone.

If this has already been suggested, please forgive the repeat.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    abegee--you know the icon that you move to unlock the screen? Is there any chance that icon can show the current weather just as the app icon does? I think it'd be great to simply tap the power button and view the current weather without unlocking my phone.

If this has already been suggested, please forgive the repeat.
    Palm HP doesn't give us the access to that, however there are apps in the catalog the will show you the weather as a notification which shows when the phone is on the stone or when the powerbutton is pressed. Here is a link http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.supergigamega.weatherdashlite

I haven't tried it so can't tell you how good it is.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    How is it that themes can change the unlock icon?
  5.    #225  
    themes aren't allowed by HP/Palm, it's the awesome homebrew community that ALLOWS (or should I say makes it possible) it, but that needs a phone restart.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Ah, that makes sense--thanks for thinking this out with me. I've tried weather dashboard (and many others) and still like WI the best.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    What site does WeatherIcon use for its results? Can it be changed to weather.com?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  8.    #228  
    it's can't be changed, it would mean rewriting the entire app,
  9.    #229  
    recieved complaints of TMC error using weathericon on the veer, if this is the case remove weatherIcon, i dont have a veer to test.
  10.    #230  
    weathericon isn't working now due to changes in the google weather api I will be fixing it next week , please set the updates to off
    Thanks for the update on the malfunction, abegee. Look forward to having it working again.
  12.    #232  
    update submitted to PALM/HP , here is a link for homebrew/sideload http://abesapps.com/folder/weatherIc..._1.4.0_all.ipk

Palm/HP will probably reject the update, they are acting strange lately and it doesn't seem they are going to let any of my app updates through.

Abe
    [QUOTE=abegee;2975584]update submitted to PALM/HP , here is a link for homebrew/sideload http://abesapps.com/folder/weatherIc..._1.4.0_all.ipk

YAY!!! weathericon is back!
    thanks Abe! I, for one, was sorely disappointed when it became crippled. Love having it back in the launch bar!
    Back up and running! Gracias!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    whats the diff between 1.4.1 and 1.4.0?
    Working but its now showing the moon with the right temp. But its only 3pm. im running 1.4.1
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Thank you for getting this fixed for us!
  17.    #238  
    developer here.

weatherIcon and webOS 2.0 don't work well, I mentioned this a few posts back, so far no fix available, I don't know what Palm changed in 2.0 that would cause this , only just got my developer Pre 2 and havn't set it up yet.

so for now remove weatherIcon on 2.x

edit: it may only be the veer, no idea, will test soon.
  18.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    whats the diff between 1.4.1 and 1.4.0?
    Working but its now showing the moon with the right temp. But its only 3pm. im running 1.4.1
    some icons weren't showing so I fixed them, tap the gps button to get the iccons correct
    Weathericon works just fine on my Pre2 unlocked with webOS 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums