1.    #1  
    Hi all! I am disgusted with Dataviz and their minimalist Documents to go for WebOS. I got that email about being on a "stand still" and have given up. I just bought QuickOffice in hopes of installing into Classic and using through that interface. Now that I have installed the program on my computer, I am stumped as to how to get the files onto the pre. I thought it would be easy to drag and drop the files into the install folder, but I am not sure what files to put there. Has anyone done this? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Don't know if you figured this out or not...

I don't have QuickOffice so I can't speak about them specifically, but you will want to install any .pdb and .prc files into Classic. If QuickOffice delivered their files as a Windows EXE, it probably stuck a bunch of pdb and/or prc files somewhere on your hard disk. You can do a search to find the right folder.

To install in Classic, plug the Palm into your computer, tap 'USB Drive', and then put the files on the phone under ClassicApps/Install.

Let me know if it works. I'm considering buying the program myself.
    Also, can Font Bucket be installed to work along with it. I know it continued working on Palm OS even once it was no longer included with Quick Office. I have specialized fonts I'd like to use with it.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Hi there,

I just would like to know whether you could actually run Quickoffice under Classic?
    Background of my question is Quickoffice only costs about €11,- whilst Docs-to-go for PalmOS still costs about €45,- and I don't want to spend that much money for a software that I won't be able to use anymore once there will be WebOS 2.0 (what a shame that it won't support 'Classic', the guys at motionapps offer such an excellent service).
    Is there any way to get at least a trial Quickoffice version for PalmOS ? I haven't found one on quickoffice.com or elsewhere.

Kind regards

Sportbilly

Palm IIIx -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre Plus