Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just noticed that version 1.0.4 is available for download, not sure what is new in this version.
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    Just noticed that version 1.0.4 is available for download, not sure what is new in this version.
    yep, just updated to 1.04 and cannot access my music.
    just get: "Please wait loading your groups..."
    Quote Originally Posted by ev99wutang View Post
    In the new version 1.0.4, you are able to sort songs by artist, album or song title when doing a "search" on songs. The first 50 songs will be returned in the search.
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwon View Post
    yep, just updated to 1.04 and cannot access my music.
    just get: "Please wait loading your groups..."

Please try the app again. The message you are getting would not have been caused by updates to 1.0.4. What was added in 1.0.4 was to be able to sort songs by artist, album or song title when "searching" for songs.

If the app was not able to load your groups, then this means that the app was not able to retrieve your groups from the server. The server may have been taken down for maintenance. Please try again and if you are still having problems, please let us know at support@brightharbour.com.
    I just sent email because the app has not worked since the last update. I even removed and reinstalled and it still won't get past "Please wait loading your groups..."
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Installed, emailed for invite, can't wait to try it out.
    It was this thread that made me sit up and notice the app. Honestly, I'd passed it over once or twice possibly as a combination of negative associations with my frustration and abandonment of Zumo, and also the similarity of the name with Brighthouse.

I'm interested in your angle on putting so much work into a free hosting service and app for a niche phone market. It sounds like you are Palm exclusive at this point. I hope you see it as getting in on the ground floor of a fairly unproven delivery platform, and as webOS use expands exponentially (KNOCK ON WOOD) you'll grow with it and turn it into a revenue source. Best of luck with whatever your approach is, and I look forward to trying it out, thank you for the beta opportunity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I just sent email because the app has not worked since the last update. I even removed and reinstalled and it still won't get past "Please wait loading your groups..."

The issue with the "Please loading your groups" has to do with the "Beta" group that has been assigned to you by default. The issue does not have to do with the new version of the music app 1.0.4 but with loading the default beta music group.
    We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. We will post back to the forum once the issue has been corrected. We are in Beta and apologize for any issues that this has caused. We will have the problem fixed soon.
    Last edited by brightharbour; 05/25/2010 at 12:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Installed, emailed for invite, can't wait to try it out.
    It was this thread that made me sit up and notice the app. Honestly, I'd passed it over once or twice possibly as a combination of negative associations with my frustration and abandonment of Zumo, and also the similarity of the name with Brighthouse.

I'm interested in your angle on putting so much work into a free hosting service and app for a niche phone market. It sounds like you are Palm exclusive at this point. I hope you see it as getting in on the ground floor of a fairly unproven delivery platform, and as webOS use expands exponentially (KNOCK ON WOOD) you'll grow with it and turn it into a revenue source. Best of luck with whatever your approach is, and I look forward to trying it out, thank you for the beta opportunity!
    Thank you very much. We do also have where you can run our services from the iPhone as well from the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by brightharbour View Post
    The issue with the "Please loading your groups" has to do with the "Beta" group that has been assigned to you by default. The issue does not have to do with the new version of the music app 1.0.4 but with loading the default beta music group.
    We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. We will post back to the forum once the issue has been corrected. We are in Beta and apologize for any issues that this has caused. We will have the problem fixed soon.

We discovered an issue in our Beta phase with webos 1.4.1.1 on the Palm phones in regards to the server request to return the "beta" groups that most users have been defaulted to. This was a limitation in the version of webos 1.4.1.1. We have removed all active users from the beta groups to fix the issue. The issue was not with the new update to the music app 1.0.4. If you had issues recently with being stuck on "Please Wait Loading Your Groups " , please try the music app again. We believe we have corrected the problem by removing the beta group. If you still have problems, please contact us at support@brightharbour.com. We are still in beta and thank you for the feedback.
    Problem "Please wait loading your groups" went away right after I sent an email. Works great again....
    Two questions for Brightharbour support:

1) Is there a storage limit on how much music can be uploaded to the "cloud"?

2) What happens to the music that is imported/uploaded (who has access, permission, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    Two questions for Brightharbour support:

1) Is there a storage limit on how much music can be uploaded to the "cloud"?

2) What happens to the music that is imported/uploaded (who has access, permission, etc)

Right now in our BETA phase, we are going to limit users to 500 songs. Once you upload your music to the BrightHarbour servers, your music is loaded to your account. You are assigned a userid and password and ONLY you have access/permission to your music.

We do show a "Now Playing" which shows what users are currently listening to.
    If the song that you are listening to is available for preview or to buy on Amazon, then we put a link to the song preview, buy song or buy album on Amazon. If the song is not available on Amazon then it is not available for preview or to buy in the "Now Playing".

Thanks for interest in our services! You may also contact us at support@brightharbour.com.
    Latest update 1.0.5 for the BrightHarbour Music App includes a performance update for searching songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by swolf76 View Post
    I have noticed that the service only allows me to upload mp3 files. Unfortunately, much of my music is encoded in AAC format. What can I day, when I first started ripping my CD's onto my computer I used iTunes. Now I see the errors of my ways. In the future, will the service allow us to upload other file types? My suspicion is no, so I will begin the long process of converting my music files to mp3 format.

New feature updates to the BrightHarbour MEDIA EXPLORER(MX) on 6/08/10.
    Here are the new feature updates to the MX:
    MX now includes iTunes AAC (M4A) support
    Better MP3/ID3 tagging in the MX
    MX Fixes for Mac issues (import problems)

These latest features allow you to import/drag files either in AAC(M4A) or MP3 format. Please make sure you update your Media Explorer(MX) to the latest version.
    at the risk of sounding greedy, I really hope you guys increase the amount of storage for this app. I've got a ton of music and I would really like a good cloud service with some space.

I do have a question though, does the computer your pulling the music from need to be connected whenever you want to access the music on your phone?

And thanks for your efforts and participation in the community here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptlon View Post
    at the risk of sounding greedy, I really hope you guys increase the amount of storage for this app. I've got a ton of music and I would really like a good cloud service with some space.

I do have a question though, does the computer your pulling the music from need to be connected whenever you want to access the music on your phone?

And thanks for your efforts and participation in the community here.

The computer you pull music from does NOT have to be connected whenever you want access. After you upload your music to the BrightHarbour servers via the BrightHarbour Media Explorer(MX), your music can be accessed from anywhere. It is accessed from the BrightHarbour servers and not from your personal PC. You basicallly are storing your music on the BrightHarbour servers. Since you are storing your music on our BrightHarbour servers, we would need to determine how much space a user would need which is why in Beta we have the 500 song limit.

We are trying to keep it as a free service. However, if users are wanting to upload more than the 500 limit then we might consider a fee based service depending on how much space a user needs after our Beta phase.

Thanks for your interest in our music services.
    I can't seem to log-in using my Pre Plus but I have no problems logging in with my computer. I was able to log-in and use the service before. Any ideas? Thanks.
    This app is pretty darn sweet. If there were a way to sync iTunes playlists, it would be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanggaw View Post
    I can't seem to log-in using my Pre Plus but I have no problems logging in with my computer. I was able to log-in and use the service before. Any ideas? Thanks.

If you are able to login from your computer via the MX(Media Explorer) and play songs, then please try the music app again on your phone. If you are still having problems, please email support at support@brightharbour.com.
    That is the fastest way to get help.

Thanks!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234