Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdan View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think the record companies agree.

They are currently suing Grooveshark and mp3tunes for similar services.
    That's because with Grooveshark, you are distributing your music for others to use. Some guy above talked about how you're simply "backing up" your files for your own personal use. This is no different than Carbonite or Mozy (The big 2 in online backups).
    grooveshark is not user uploads...i believe. Since it's "on-demand" as in pick a song, it's different than say accu-radio or pandora that you choose an artist or genre and the app chooses the songs. Totally different.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    grooveshark is not user uploads...i believe. Since it's "on-demand" as in pick a song, it's different than say accu-radio or pandora that you choose an artist or genre and the app chooses the songs. Totally different.
    Actually grooveshark does allow users to upload songs.... How do I upload music to Grooveshark? « Grooveshark Help

mp3tunes is probably a closer match to this service...MP3tunes lawsuit update: Robertson’s view

From the mp3tunes founder
    Our goal at MP3tunes is to provide a system that will let you access your personal music on any device you own. Our implementation is responsible, with password protection required for each Music Locker. You can't listen to or download any songs from my Locker or anyone else's -- it's password protected and utilizes the same security provisions used by most online services such as online banking.
    That didn't stop EMI from suing them.
    Regarding digital content rights...good discussion. In legal-speak, the notion of "Mechanical Rights" provides the copyright-holder the ability to obtain compensation for every physical and digital copy made of a musical work. That means that even the innocent use of an iPod could be in violation of copyright law.

At Brightharbour, we're simply providing consumers with a longer wire, and an ability to access/sync their stuff from anywhere. If that's fundamentally different than what Mozy & Carbonite are doing, then we need to understand what we need to change.

Thanks again for all of the feedback during our BETA...don't be surprised if you see some issues here/there, since we are actively tweaking some stuff behind the scenes. Also, don't hesitate to drop us a line with commentary/feedback (support at brightharbour.com), and be sure to follow us on Twitter (@brightharbour) for the latest updates.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have noticed that the service only allows me to upload mp3 files. Unfortunately, much of my music is encoded in AAC format. What can I day, when I first started ripping my CD's onto my computer I used iTunes. Now I see the errors of my ways. In the future, will the service allow us to upload other file types? My suspicion is no, so I will begin the long process of converting my music files to mp3 format.
    Quote Originally Posted by swolf76 View Post
    Now I see the errors of my ways. In the future, will the service allow us to upload other file types? My suspicion is no, so I will begin the long process of converting my music files to mp3 format.
    We actually do our best to "read" the file...but in the case of AAC we have a problem reading the "tags" (meta) created by iTunes. Generally speaking, if the file is "tagged" with an ID3-standard, then we can probably handle the file.

We'll continue to look at alternatives for handling other file-types that don't fall cleanly into an established tagging standard.
    When I try to login now I get this- Provider 'BHDrive' for this account already exists.

And I cant log on. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERK View Post
    When I try to login now I get this- Provider 'BHDrive' for this account already exists.

And I cant log on. Any help?
    We were making some updates today...give it another shot and let us know. If you're still having problems, drop us a line (support at brightharbour.com).
    Please make sure that you get the latest BrightHarbour Music App that was just released tonight May 13th @ 10:00pm EST. The latest music app has updates for Shuffle Song setting which will allow you to shuffle the songs when "playing a station". There is also a Remember Login setting. If this is set then it will remember your login. There were also was changes to the style. The grey screens are still the old app.
    The latest version is BrightHarbour Music App version 1.0.2.
    New update looks nice. One issue that I had that doesn't seem to be resolved. When I select my station, if I choose to play a song in the middle of the station than I don't have the option of going to the next song or the previous. That leaves me with the options of shuffle or always start from the beginning of the station to use the next and previous track buttons.
    The "Play Station" button streams the entire station and will automatically play songs one after another without hitting any buttons. Are you able to go to previous and next at all in the "play station" or do you just have issues in the middle of the station? How many songs are in the station that you are having problems with and what number song are you having a problem with? If this happens when doing "Play Station", allow the song to automatically stream to the next song and see if you are able to hit "previous" or "next" button then. Please make sure that the song has had time to load before trying to go to the previous/next song. You will see a button rotating showing that the song is loading, then wait till the song starts playing before hitting the buttons to go to another song. Please make sure that you have webOS 1.4.1 to make sure you have Palm's latest audio changes for streaming audio. Also if you have questions , please email our support email address support at brightharbour.com. The support email address is the fastest way to reach us.
    Last edited by brightharbour; 05/14/2010 at 08:21 AM.
    Love the new update, shuffle was the feature I've been waiting for.
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like the new version of the app. Thanks again!
  14.    #54  
    havent checked back on this thread i started in a long while.......im glad to see that its taking off for you brightharbour!!!! by the way, the update made this app even that much more better!!! keep up the good work!!
    The app works well, but I like to listen to albums rather than stations (i.e. playlists). To listen to albums, I have to manually create a station for each album, which is a lot of work.
    Also, I'd like to have more control over my media from my phone. For example, you can only choose stations to play, you cannot choose individual songs or albums. I would like the ability to choose tracks, artists, or albums, and also the ability to edit stations from my phone.
    All in all, a good start, one of the best solutions yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    The app works well, but I like to listen to albums rather than stations (i.e. playlists). To listen to albums, I have to manually create a station for each album, which is a lot of work.
    Also, I'd like to have more control over my media from my phone. For example, you can only choose stations to play, you cannot choose individual songs or albums. I would like the ability to choose tracks, artists, or albums, and also the ability to edit stations from my phone.
    Thanks for your feedback! LATEST Update on 5-20-10.
    Updates include:
    SEARCH by song title, artist and album when clicking Search My Music. If you do not have your songs in Stations then you can search for your songs and play them.
    It will return the first 50 songs searched.

Now Playing shows what is being played on BrightHarbour. Certain songs let you preview the song, buy song or buy album.
    Not all songs allow the preview, buy song or buy album.

Please make sure that you get the latest version 1.0.3 of the BrightHarbour Music App!
    Thanks again for your feedback!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Like canderoc, I prefer to listen to whole albums as well. Although it's not preferable, I don't really mind creating new stations for each album. . . however, I've noticed that the tracks don't seem to fall into any sort of order within the station. If the library had a column for "Track Number" in the format of "Track XX of XX," perhaps it would be possible to sort by track #, putting them in sequential order?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    Like canderoc, I prefer to listen to whole albums as well. Although it's not preferable, I don't really mind creating new stations for each album. . . however, I've noticed that the tracks don't seem to fall into any sort of order within the station. If the library had a column for "Track Number" in the format of "Track XX of XX," perhaps it would be possible to sort by track #, putting them in sequential order?

Please try the latest BrightHarbour Music App version 1.0.3. It's now available for download. You are able to search on song title, artist and/or album. If you do not put your music into stations then you can search for a particular song, artist or album by clicking "Search My Music" button. When you search music, the music is returned sorted by artist in ascending order. The first 50 songs are returned in the search.

The order of the songs in the "stations" is the order the songs are put into the station in the Media Explorer(MX). You can change the order of the songs under the stations in the Media Explorer by picking up the song and dragging it to what order you want.

We appreciate the feedback. You can also write support@brightharbour.com for possible feature requests. Thanks again for your interest.
    Last edited by brightharbour; 05/21/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    . . . however, I've noticed that the tracks don't seem to fall into any sort of order within the station. If the library had a column for "Track Number" in the format of "Track XX of XX," perhaps it would be possible to sort by track #, putting them in sequential order?
    Also forgot to mention that you can easily order your Station items in the MX simply by dragging them up/down in the list. So, you can pretty order them however you'd like...and choose to "shuffle" them on playback if you want a random order.
    Last edited by brightharbour; 05/21/2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brightharbour View Post
    Also forgot to mention that you can easily order your Station items in the MX simply by dragging them up/down in the list. So, you can pretty order them however you'd like...and choose to "shuffle" them on playback if you want a random order.
    Still not ideal, as it adds yet another step to importing albums. If you don't know the order of the tracks off the top of your head, you'll have to use other resources to find a tracklist. If the track number is pulled in with the rest of the information, a sortable column would make this process 100x easier.

Anyways, this is still the best "cloud-based" music app I've used yet. I'm happy to ditch Grooveshark and ZumoDrive now. Thanks!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast