1.    #1  
    I noticed a bunch of new items from mobile 1up and wanted to see what they were demoing with their effekts demo (old school) app.

Things installed fine, but then after I ran it for 2 or 3 loops, shut it down, my Pre went all wonky no longer responding via the touchscreen, launcher stopped work, and flick up was stuck.

I can't be the only one with problems after this install, run, and finally delete of effekts. Either way, I was finally able to shutdown multiple time hard and soft and the remove the application in question.

Maybe just bad timing, but curious if anyone else is having similar issues? Thanks Sorli...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I noticed a bunch of new items from mobile 1up and wanted to see what they were demoing with their effekts demo (old school) app. Things installed fine, but then after I ran it for 2 or 3 loops, shut it down, my Pre went all wonky no longer responding via the touchscreen, launcher stopped work, and flick up was stuck.

I can't be the only one with problems after this install, run, and finally delete of effekts. Either way, I was finally able to shutdown multiple time hard and soft and the remove the application in question. Maybe just bad timing, but curious if anyone else is having similar issues? Thanks Sorli...
    hi Sorli,

could you provide more information on your device? what version are you running etc. the Mobile 1UP applications are using the pre-release version of the PDK specifically with SDL and there may still be issues in the underlying libraries (not in our application specifically) - this is one reason why we didn't select palm pixi support (the SDL libraries are broken in 1.4.x).

it doesn't make sense why you got those weird system operation - i hope it was just bad timing there is nothing in our effektz application that should do what you mention we have been working very close with Palm on our applications to do everything "correctly"

do not hesitate to contact me offline so we can diagnose the case you have specifically, the web os environment has its own safe measures to correctly shutdown applications that do not respond and have been closed, so it could be a general web os issue unrelated to the effektz demo - either case, it should be looked into!
  3.    #3  
    Yes I went ahead and reinstalled it to see if my problems would come back and the app do the same thing, but so far so good running effektz v1.0.0 and it seems to be fine.

In relation to my system, I'm using the original Palm Pre webOS 1.4.1.1 on Sprint configuration 2.4.

Not sure really, but it may relate to updating other applications (over 13 updates last night) in the background and something else causing my problem. Either way, things are working now and sorry for the alarm. I suspect it must have been bad timing or another update.

Thanks, Sorli...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Not sure really, but it may relate to updating other applications (over 13 updates last night) in the background and something else causing my problem. Either way, things are working now and sorry for the alarm. I suspect it must have been bad timing or another update.
    thanks for following up on this! i'll keep on eye on feedback over the next few days anyhow. we've been running the games here locally for weeks but you never know what to expect when you go live thanks!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    I just created a new thread about this app saying how wonderful the screensavers look. I haven't had the problems described above. I do however keep getting disstracted by the colored blobs flowing over my screen! Thank you Mobile 1UP - I saw your response on the other thread!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    I just created a new thread about this app saying how wonderful the screensavers look. I haven't had the problems described above. I do however keep getting disstracted by the colored blobs flowing over my screen! Thank you Mobile 1UP - I saw your response on the other thread!
    i should do more there are so many cool effects out there. i did these ones over a weekend just to do something different. it is good to know they are of value to someone. doesn't hurt to have something for free on the catalog anyhow right? get the buzz going
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS