Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Is there an app that allows photo images to be moved to different folders without having to connect the USB cord and use a computer? Also, would be nice if new images could be sent to a new folder for that event or day.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    jason when I try to move a pic from one folder to another, the pic in the internalz look like moved but when I go to the pics app the pic is in the same folder but there is not image only a big gray x, why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    jason when I try to move a pic from one folder to another, the pic in the internalz look like moved but when I go to the pics app the pic is in the same folder but there is not image only a big gray x, why is that?
    probably a fileindexer issue. Try using this patch to rescan fileindexer and tell me if that works

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

yeap that did the work, thanks Jason!
    internalz is the business!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I need some direction! Explain to me how to find and use the installer program to get internalz installed. I could not find this app in the catalog. Will it interfere with my software? Why doesnt this app sell through Palm, isnt that easier and more profitable? - Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by sblankdds View Post
    I need some direction! Explain to me how to find and use the installer program to get internalz installed. I could not find this app in the catalog. Will it interfere with my software? Why doesnt this app sell through Palm, isnt that easier and more profitable? - Steve
    You install Internalz and FileMgr via WebOS Quick Install or Preware.

FileMgr is basically a hidden service that powers Internalz.

To install via WebOS Quick Install, just download the Internalz ipk from here and FileMgr ipk from here, and install them with WebOS Quick Install.

Homebrew applications like Internalz will not affect or interfere with anything

At this time Internalz cannot be put on the App Catalog.

FileMgr is a custom service which adds extra custom API. Basically I fill in the missing file API with my own. The drawback is Palm will not allow custom java/C services on the App Catalog, and I've been told they never will. Mainly because java/C services are unrestricted and could prove a security risk if Palm opened them up to everyone.

Recently at Developer Days, Palm teased of an improved API including file IO. I am not aware of any specifics, though if the time comes that I'd be able to port Internalz to the App Catalog, I will. In a heartbeat. I would love nothing more than to have a quality application like Internalz easily available for all devices. Believe me, I've missed out on enough App Catalog-developer benefits (CES invite, Hot Apps contest, etc.) by focusing on free homebrew software.

Though chances are if Palm releases an API equivalent to my FileMgr service, they'd probably sandbox it to only work within /media/internal/ (as realistically it should), so there'd still be a place in homebrew for an unrestricted variant. Similar to how Dr. Podder has an App Catalog version and a homebrew variant.

EDIT: And to those who contacted me saying Web Distribution option might work for Internalz and FileMgr, I'm sorry, but it won't. Although with Web Distribution apps don't get reviewed, they do get denied for using undocumented API, postinst/prerm scripts, etc..
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 05/01/2010 at 12:57 PM.