Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Anyone know of an app that will allow you to send your current location via text or something else? My wife started a job and she out and about a lot and we wanted an easy way she could give us an update of where she is...

Any ideas?
    yes, TXT My Location. There are others.
    Free app called 'Send My location for WebOS'. Very accurate location (IMO) and can be sent via text message. If you try this one it sends alot of info to the point it sends two messages. You can change the preferences to get it to one text message. Uses Google maps sooo sometimes it takes a little bit to load or that may be just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Free app called 'Send My location for WebOS'. Very accurate location (IMO) and can be sent via text message. If you try this one it sends alot of info to the point it sends two messages. You can change the preferences to get it to one text message. Uses Google maps sooo sometimes it takes a little bit to load or that may be just me.
    You can also add Latitude to Google maps and then they can find you without you having to tell them where you are...

All of this stuff is only accurate if you are outside. If you are inside, it triangulates from cell towers and will be accurate to a mile or two...
    MapTool can send your location by text or mail too.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You can also add Latitude to Google maps and then they can find you without you having to tell them where you are...

All of this stuff is only accurate if you are outside. If you are inside, it triangulates from cell towers and will be accurate to a mile or two...
    I tried Latitude but it said my device wasn't supported. I thought it was really only for Android and some BB... Is there a way to use it with webOS? Admittedly I didn't dig after I got the message...

~Thanks everyone I will check them out and post which I like best!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I think Send My location for WebOS will work fine. Dead simple, and free. Thanks so much everyone!