Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Here's what I mean. I don't mind there being random people in my feed, but I atleast want read the entire message. But it sounds like people are cool with that:

Twee:

Tweed:

TweetMe:

Mordbane
    It seems to me that you got a truncated view in TweetMe and TweeFree because you're comparing apples and oranges with your screenshots. Looks like a matter of the character limitation of Twitter to me.

Your screenshot of Twee and TweetMe is truncated because it is of webOSinternals retweeting jhoff80's message, whereas in Tweed your screenshot is directly of what he said. By having to add "RT jhoff80" it exceeds the 140 character limit, so it cuts off the end of the statement from your views in Twee and TweetMe, to accomodate.

Or am I missing something?
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    They're truncated because they are being displayed as normal retweets instead of the official retweet, which is what webOSinternals used.

If webOSinternals had just done RT @jhoff80, it would be truncated everywhere because of the character limitation.

Partly because of this, Twitter introduced an official retweet option on their website. This option retweets the entire message (or rather, sticks that message in the timeline of your followers) and keeps track of how man times it has been retweeted (which Tweed does not show, but can be seen on the website). The drawbacks are that you cannot edit the message and you have random people in your timeline, which I dislike immensely.

Tweed displays that way because it supports the official retweet display for those that have been officially retweeted. TweetMe and Twee do not, so any official retweets will display as normal retweets. It's not a bug, really, it is a difference in preference. I'm fine with the way it is and just viewing the conversation if I need to read it that badly, but honestly, if I wanted jhoff80's face in my timeline, I'd follow him (no offense).
    No you're not missing anything. That's pretty obvious. I was just responding to a post that said that all Twitter clients would truncate the message, which isn't true. It depends on how the client handles RTs. My Tweed screenshot is not directly from @Jhoff80's timeline, that's how it appears in my timeline. See at the bottom of the tweet where it says "retwitted by webosinternals". I'm not following @jhoff80, i'm following @webosinternals.

Adding "RT so and so" to the tweet thus taking characters away from the message that they are trying to retweet seems counter productive. Obviously the retwitter thinks that the original tweet is significant, only to have the last 10 - 15 characters truncated and not accessible without having to go look at the original twit's timeline. This whole thing started because I started using TweetMe and saw a truncated message and was thinking ***. I openned Tweed and in the same timeline, it wasn't truncated. I rarely use twitter.com and had long since deleted Twee, so I thought it was just an issue with TweetMe. But it looks like Tweed just handles RTs uniquely (beautifully). The truncating of long RTs into your timeline seems status quo for twitter clients, thats not cool with me, but excuse my ignorance.
    It's not unique to Tweed, it is a feature of the website and the reason why ignoring this feature is status quo is that you obviously weren't around when the official retweet was enacted and a lot of people hated it. When Twee tried to go towards using the official retweet, the catalog was riddled with reviews complaining that the retweet feature no longer worked properly (when it simply worked differently).

Before this official option was introduced, clients didn't truncate anything because it wasn't necessary. You couldn't send a tweet longer than 140 chars, so you modified the tweet itself so it would fit. This was encouragement to pick a short twitter name and leave room in your tweets. By introducing the official retweet, Twitter has put this truncation into clients who choose not to display in the random timeline people style.
    Last edited by malpha; 05/04/2010 at 08:46 AM.
    Like I said excuse my twitter ignornace. Good thing we've got apples, oranges, and sometimes bananas. Everybody can be happy.
    Haha, I like how all of this is using a tweet by me as an example (and of course, I'm not taking offense, don't worry. )
    I would like to see an option to support the official retweet method. It would be nice to not have truncated messages when people use this method of retweeting.
    Twee updated and it has a way of supporting official retweets that doesn't make me want to hurl things like Tweed and Twitter do:

The official retweet looks like a regular one except the RT @dude part is in red. The retweeter still shows up in your timeline instead of the person who is being retweeted.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I can't get this to work. I type in my username/password at the main screen. I get to a page that asks me to "Connect your account?" and I fill out my username/password, it says, "All done...." but then there's a big "X" and the bottom of the screen and keeps on back to that same screen and it keeps on recycling.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I would like to see an option to support the official retweet method. It would be nice to not have truncated messages when people use this method of retweeting.
    +1...other than that I love this app!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Twee updated and it has a way of supporting official retweets that doesn't make me want to hurl things like Tweed and Twitter do:

The official retweet looks like a regular one except the RT @dude part is in red. The retweeter still shows up in your timeline instead of the person who is being retweeted.
    Hey look, I'm famous.
    Like the layout a lot, and I know they said it's coming up but I won't be using this much until they get multiple account support in there
    went back to Twee. THough it was a little too sluggish. Missed the number of tweets on the notification. Good job though. WIll re-install it once the next significant updats comes.
    Why if you have notifications turned off does the program remain open. Looked in jstop after closing and it doesnt fully shut down. could be the reason for battery drain. Right now my only gripe. really like the program but i dont want notifications one because i dont need up to the minute info and two because i dont want the background process. can this be fixed?

edit: ok maybe not doesnt seem to happen all the time. strange. never mind love it.
    Last edited by graffix31; 05/07/2010 at 11:03 AM.
    I can't get it to work either. But I'm restarting now to see if that helps. Frustrating to have to restart to get an app to run.
    graffix31 What it does it spawn a new process only when attempting to check. It will only attempt every 5 minutes, but will only check when it's the appropriate time interval. It does cause some battery drain though. It's one of my number one priorities right now. I'm working on it.

Also, robmcalister what seems to be the problem? You can email me at appname + "app" @gmail.com or reply to me at @TweetMeWebOS
    TweetMe
    Lead Designer and Developer
    http://www.tweetmeapp.com
    TweetMe slow for anyone else lately?? Or is it just Twitter's servers?

It's taking like 10 seconds just to load my home screen. Doesn't matter if i'm on my 10 meg Wi-Fi or 3G...
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    TweetMe slow for anyone else lately?? Or is it just Twitter's servers?

It's taking like 10 seconds just to load my home screen. Doesn't matter if i'm on my 10 meg Wi-Fi or 3G...
    10secs total for either Badkitty and tweetme

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    10secs total for either Badkitty and tweetme
    So - same story for you? Must be their servers then...

At least I know it's not just me. I was just curious because when I first got TweetMe... stuff was nearly instantaneous.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast