Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87
  1. #41  
    I use Tweed, and I'm not seeing reason enough to leave. I do commend the work, though.
  2. steiale's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #42  
    Bought it, regret it, use tweed again.. This app drains battery like crazy..!! It is slow and the update rotation is from iphone ported.. So I guess you made it for the iphone.

    Sorry no recommendation here..
  3. rayln's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i won't call that person a lier, but my experience is nothing like that. Its faster and more responsive than any of the other twitter apps I have. Also i've noticed that you can get to the homescreen from anywhere with one gesture (forward swipe).
    right.
    insinuating I'm a liar because we're staring at the same canvas yet our personal reactions are different.

    Quote Originally Posted by catalystmediastudios View Post
    Hi there, everyone! This is Paul Smith, the developer of TweetMe. Thanks for the compliments and the suggestions. Here's a few things to note:

    - If you find you've tapped a few things and get deep within the app, do a forward swipe to jump all the way back.
    - The review that said you have to tap tap tap, well I'm not sure about that. The only thing you have to tap more for is to get at links, and it's one more tap. Tap once to pull up actions, tap again to reply. Done. You can also tap on the avatar to jump straight to the user. That's actually one less than many apps.
    - It does have notifications, I'll include that in the description at next submission. Improvements are coming. One thing to note is that TweetMe's notifications require less resource usage. When you quit TweetMe it stays quit until it needs to check, opens for a bit in the background, checks and then shuts down. Saves power, and allows for more resources for other open apps.
    - TweetMe does not have landscape mode, and probably won't for awhile. I have a long list of features that will be coming very soon. I'm sorry!
    - Attaching pics is integrated, the video is about 2 months old and a lot of features have been changed. You can preview pics, and view pics in tweets while inside of TweetMe
    - Speed issues, the app is very fast, EXCEPT for scrolling long lists, I'll admit it. Other than that it is as fast or often FASTER than other apps. Launch time, load times from Twitter, and navigating to and from different sections of the app is near instantaneous. List scrolling speed is near the top of my list. It will be improved, you can count on it!

    I'll admit that it doesn't have every single feature, but what we do have is extremely easy to use and and has a great feel to it. As some users have said on Twitter, it just feels smooth, it flows well, it's elegant. The main point though is that it is fun. It truly makes Twitter an enjoyable experience (at least for me, and many others). I hope you'll give it a shot and if not, I hope you love using Twitter anyway!

    Have an amazing day and thanks for all your support, especially to the early buyers willing to take a chance on TweetMe

    - Paul
    the forward swipe is nice, I didn't know about that. include it in the description?
    I still can't get past the navigation of this app along with twee and tweed.

    what I really enjoy about bad kitty is the inclusion of webOS design philosophy (i.e. "just start typing").

    aside from the forward swipe(which is really brilliant, I'd love to see the same implementation in bad kitty for example), this doesn't feel like it was designed from the ground app to take advantage of what webOS has to offer.

    it truly does feel like a generic app I could expect to find in the app store, android marketplace or whatever symbian's main app repository is named.

    diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks but it's not like I didn't mention the positives about the app either.

    the biggest issue though is speed.
    the app itself loads fast enough, just loading things inside the app is too slow.
  4. #44  
    so this app sucks and uh...im gonna stick to Tweed - an app that actually gets the job done. thxkbai
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    so this app sucks and uh...im gonna stick to Tweed - an app that actually gets the job done. thxkbai
    Huh. No need to be rude about it. At least acknowledge the hard work the devs have put into this, even if it's not the app for you.

    Always better to be given the choice.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    so this app sucks and uh...im gonna stick to Tweed - an app that actually gets the job done. thxkbai
    apart from its over pricing in the UK (reason i havnt bought it yet) why does it suck
  7. AndyFraser's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    apart from its over pricing in the UK (reason i havnt bought it yet) why does it suck
    I'd say 1.50 is very reasonable for this app given how good it is. Twee is 1.98 and Tweed is 2.17.

    I wonder how much it'll cost though when the price goes up.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyFraser View Post
    I'd say 1.50 is very reasonable for this app given how good it is. Twee is 1.98 and Tweed is 2.17.

    I wonder how much it'll cost though when the price goes up.
    Its not that, its the fact its $1.50 in america, surly it should be 70-90p, fair enough if it was 3-4 dollars and it was 1.50 here.
  9. AndyFraser's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Its not that, its the fact its $1.50 in america, surly it should be 70-90p, fair enough if it was 3-4 dollars and it was 1.50 here.
    I know what you mean and we always get screwed on the prices. I'm just not going to worry about it over 1.50, especially when it's a good price compared to the competition.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyFraser View Post
    I know what you mean and we always get screwed on the prices. I'm just not going to worry about it over 1.50, especially when it's a good price compared to the competition.
    and again while that is a valid point, i noticed something similar with digloo (the excellent digg app) and the dev quickly changed the price, its really a matter of principle, And i checked, the other twitter apps, while prices more then this, have prices that translate from their american price to the english price
  11. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #51  
    I like it, kudos to the dev.
  12. #52  
    I've been using Twee forever (I hate Tweed sooooooo hard), and there are actually quite a few things I like about this app.

    1. Just about everything is on the BOTTOM of the app. For the Pre, having things like arrows and buttons is really best on the bottom for me, because I don't have to reach that far since my hand is already around the keyboard and is thus, much better for one handed navigation.

    2. It actually incorporates Twitter's description of a trend (click on what's this in the upper corner), which is pretty cool.

    3. The "launcher" at the bottom is actually a great way to navigate and beats the scrolling on Twee and Tweed's terrible navigation arrow at the top.

    4. I like the little dots next to whatever you have a new tweet in.

    When I first got it, something about it looked very...generic. Idk what it is, but that was actually my first impression. But the more I use it, the more I like it and the nicer it looks. I guess it's because it's not overly, overly done that I felt that way, but now it's about a tie between Twee and TweetMe lookswise, and leaps ahead of Tweed. Well, actually, it's also because it looks like that godawful Palm Blue that are in a lot of the native apps and I hate that color. A nicer and lighter gradient would be better...

    My biggest gripe is the notifications. Twee's are way better. It tells you how many tweets you have new and where they are (timeline, mentions, dm). I don't really need TweetMe's notifications to write my name (I don't really understand this move towards using "real" names, I prefer the twitter names). So I look forward to improvement on that.

    Also, this might have been mentioned, but there is a menu under searches for Saved, but...I can't figure out how to save from the app? Does it just pull the ones you saved from Twitter's site? I don't actually use the Twitter site really, so that's not too cool.

    All in all, I do like it and I've been using it in place of Twee all week.
  13. #53  
    Definitely a great start for an app. One of the top apps that incorporates the look and feel of WebOs. I like the animation when you delete a user or add a fav/star.

    Battery drain? is this confirmed?

    Otherwise, I wish we would get timeline save/marker like Twee. I don't like the icon how it says "Me". Just wish it was the bird.
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  14. #54  
    Some work needs to be done on displaying retweets. I notice a few RTs from @webosinternals were truncated. Even tapping on them and bringing up the detail doesn't display the full tweet.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    Some work needs to be done on displaying retweets. I notice a few RTs from @webosinternals were truncated. Even tapping on them and bringing up the detail doesn't display the full tweet.
    If you view the @webosinternals twitter page you'll see that the retweets are truncated - it's not a case of the TweetMe app not displaying them correctly. They'd appear the same in all twitter clients because @webosinternals is trying to tweet too many characters.
  16. #56  
    Displays fine in Tweed. Might be true for Twee. I'll have to reinstall it to check.

    Tweed dispays the RT as if the tweet was from the original author and has a caption at the bottom saying "retweeted by webosinternals". So it shows the entirety of the tweet.

    If its intended to be that way. That's cool, I guess...

    UPDATE: Yea, Twee does the same thing as TweetMe. Must just be something conceptually coded different between Twee/TweetMe and Tweed.
    Last edited by Mordbane; 05/03/2010 at 11:29 AM.
  17. #57  
    Hmm. There must be something going on, because if you say it displays fine in Tweed then I believe you - but even the official twitter website doesn't display the whole tweet (see image)

    Maybe Twitter is having a problem?
  18. #58  
    Well, if you use the "official" retweet option, it will display like Tweed does (which will only display this way if you use the official retweet). @palm and @webosinternals use this official retweet option (those tweets you showed SqyArc do not use the official retweet). TweetMe and Twee do not incorporate the official retweet option in their display, although Twee will let you use the official retweet when you are retweting, so any tweets using the official retweet display like a normal retweet. I don't really like the official retweet option because you can't edit tweets and it looks like you have random ppl in your timeline, but this may be something others could benefit from.
  19. #59  
    Hey guys!

    This is the developer of TweetMe again. Thanks for all the great comments, and the suggestions. I even appreciate the bad ones, it's something to learn from

    There is one thing I want to say to the UK users... I'm very very sorry! I did not realize how off my currency conversion was when I did the pricing. Sadly you can't change the pricing without resubmitting. What I'm going to do about this is to raise the price in the US and others as planned (the countries whose currency I converted correctly) and leave the price for the others. I'm very sorry about the problem. I assure you this was not an intentional thing. As for other complaints, I'm working on many new features from the suggestions I've received. Some of the features talked about in here are coming.

    Thank you!
    Paul
    TweetMe
    Lead Designer and Developer
    http://www.tweetmeapp.com
  20. #60  
    Its hard for me to use anything but Tweed because of the timeline marking ability.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions