1.    #1  
    SpeedTrack 1.0

Introducing SpeedTrack, an analog style speedometer for your WebOS Phone.

Best of all it is Free!

This app uses your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi's GPS to display your speed while you drive.
    View your speed in MPH or KPH.
    Set the option and the app will remain open while you drive.

Future updates will include:
    • Display Direction of Travel
    • Show Average and Max Speed
    • Selectable Speedometer Styles
    Last edited by troymiller; 05/03/2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: update
    I like the idea of this app, but i cant seem to get it to work. I have tried it several different times and ways, and it never moves off 0. Any idea's?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolter View Post
    I like the idea of this app, but i cant seem to get it to work. I have tried it several different times and ways, and it never moves off 0. Any idea's?
    I would love to get it working for you but I suspect it is a carrier issue.
    What carrier are you on?

Also, can you try opening google maps and allowing it to get a fix before starting SpeedTrack?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    It's a great app and now I have a testimonial. I used SpeedTrack on a friends boat with a bad speedometer. He was very impressed and now wants the app. Problem for him is that he gave up his Pre for a HTC Hero. He likes the speed of mine now with Govnah but he is stuck with an android phone. Any suggestions for him?

Thanks,
    Greg
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gstein17 View Post
    It's a great app and now I have a testimonial. I used SpeedTrack on a friends boat with a bad speedometer. He was very impressed and now wants the app. Problem for him is that he gave up his Pre for a HTC Hero. He likes the speed of mine now with Govnah but he is stuck with an android phone. Any suggestions for him?

Thanks,
    Greg
    That is a great story! I am glad SpeedTrack worked well for you. Thanks for posting.

I do no have any knowledge of the android market so I cant help there but maybe your friend can wait till the next webOS phone.
    Hey just wondering if it would be possible to add a High Speed Recall option?

I had this feature on my Garmin GPS that I recently sold and now I miss it.

Kinda neat to be able to take off on my motorcycle and see how fast I was going for the day!

Great app!
    Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsr238 View Post
    Hey just wondering if it would be possible to add a High Speed Recall option?

I had this feature on my Garmin GPS that I recently sold and now I miss it.

Kinda neat to be able to take off on my motorcycle and see how fast I was going for the day!

Great app!
    Thanks!
    That is an interesting idea. I may include a stats screen to show some of the basics like max speed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    That is an interesting idea. I may include a stats screen to show some of the basics like max speed as well.
    I am also interested by a high speed enhancement. After a check of the odometer precision, I have checked the ability of your application to measure high speed in train. Last monday, I have recorded multiple speeds higher than your application is able to display. In fact, it was in the French TGV at 264 km/hour (More than 160 mph). The data were unstable but maybe a little smooth in the computation could be enough to obtain a stable measurment.

Great work,
    Regards, Jacques.

My Website:
    Polar Jack Software
    I still have a Palm Pixi Plus, and would like to see the top speed obtained as well. Would be a great feature!