1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I wonder if dateBK will now write software for the webOS. The owner mentioned that he thought that Palm would be sold within a few months, which of course it was today today to HP.

He also thought it would be for pocket change, for the "good will", name of Palm and perhaps Palm's stash of patents.

This site lists the sale at $1.2 billion and the NY Times has $1.4 Billion. Either way, it is not pocket change! So perhaps now he will rethink his position of dateBK for webOS!

After all, now there will be no shortage of $ to help finish webOS. After all, I doubt that HP will want to keep using windows on it's phones, in the future, since it now owns webOS!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    please post in the right forum... its really not that hard
    I'm more interested to see what DataViz says.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm more interested to see what DataViz says.
    WE all know that HP has very deep pockets, and very, very deep pockets is what it will take, to catch up with Apple and go beyond. I am SURE that DataViz and many, many more firms will be porting to webOS. I am also sure that Palm will hire many, many programmers, as they speed up working on the PRE II or what ever it will be called. as well as what ever else Palm?HP can think of!

I know that HP has an agreement for WIN 7, for the iPaq, however, Ipaq has always been a tiny portion of the cell world as well as a tiny portion of HP!

They certainly are not spending up to $1.4 Billion to kill off webOS! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I think a lot of developers are rethinking right about now.
  6.    #6  
    I am sure you are correct. In addition, as we have all read on this site, porting programs from other platforms, is much easier than developers realize.

3d games were ported in about a weeks worth of work. I am not a porgramer, but I would think that 3d games must be far more complicated to write, than other smaller programs. If games ported so easily, I would think that smaller, less complex programs will be available soon!

I am sure that Palm/HP will be stressing this, along with the fact that Palm will now have far more $ for marketing, which was not available before.

Take care, Jay