1.    #1  
    Hey just wanted to let you guys know that a Grooveshark app that I have been working on for a while has been published to the App Catalog. It's free but you need be a V.I.P. Grooveshark member.

Groovee - Grooveshark for WebOS

The application itself is free but in order to use it you need a Grooveshark VIP account.
    I know the app description does not state that. I have since changed the app description and it should be updated soon.
    Last edited by edektor; 04/27/2010 at 08:14 PM.
    Great job, there are a lot of features here that are not in the official app right now.

1. View an Artist's Albums - Here if you search for an artist, if you click on their name, you can view a list of albums! Of course, since you are at the mercy of Grooveshark's taggers and tagger system, this results in a rather huge list, but it works!

2. View Songs - As an extension of the above, if you click on an album, you can view the songs on that album as well.

3. Recent Searches - Keeps a list at the bottom of recent inputs to the search box.

4. Create a playlist from the queue! YES. No more running around having to create the playlist, then find the song, then add it to playlists, then choose the playlist....That said, I don't see a way to add a song to an existing playlist?

5. I am not having the long playlist problem here. I had only playlist with 64 songs that was driving the official app into a freezing session every time, this one scrolled through no problems for me.

6. DASHBOARD!!! It cannot be controlled via headphones/bluetooth, but it is still very awesome. It'll pop up and tell you what song is playing when a new one starts as well.

I noticed a lot that when I was in the music app, I would try to swipe back to get to the queue, but it would take me to where I left off. Which is actually great, but I'd like a button (or an option in the arrow menu) to get to the queue. Similarly, when I'm in the queue, something at the bottom to get back to the player. There's a now playing bar at the top, but tbh, I tend to be bottom oriented buttons for one-handed use...

Also, when you drop a connection, getting the song to continue from where the connection dropped is about impossible, but the official app suffers from this same problem as well. A bigger issue is the lack of a usable seek bar.

All in all, I think it's a great job and a great app. Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Hey thanks for the suggestions!

- I can tell you that adding songs to existing playlists will definitely be in the next release.

- I will also be adding the ability to pause, play, skip forward and backward using the headphones. I just need to find some headphones with the buttons on it so I can test it.

- I also realized that you need to be able to switch back and fourth between the queue and now-playing so there will be something to accomplish that as well.

- Seeking through tracks will eventually come.

If you find any problems let me know.
    Any chance we will see support for off-line playing? Spotify on mobile has it...
    I downloaded it and prefer it to the official app
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Works fine. Could you add random play? Am surprised newest GS player has repeat but no random play. Am tired of listening to same order of play lists.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    How can you get Grooveshark to download a song into memory of the pre - to be played again in Music Remix?

I need this for travel, when I can't use any network connection.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_ss View Post
    Any chance we will see support for off-line playing? Spotify on mobile has it...
    Quote Originally Posted by metzia View Post
    How can you get Grooveshark to download a song into memory of the pre - to be played again in Music Remix?

I need this for travel, when I can't use any network connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Works fine. Could you add random play? Am surprised newest GS player has repeat but no random play. Am tired of listening to same order of play lists.
    I'm don't know if I will be able to support offline play. I will have to talk to Grooveshark about it. As for random play.. It will eventually come but right now I am focusing on radio play.