Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got this email from DataViz:

Update on Documents To Go for Palm webOS
    Documents To Go for Palm webOSWe at DataViz would like to apologize for not responding sooner to our loyal Palm customers about the availability of Documents To Go for webOS. We have felt it best to keep our public webOS discussion to a minimum until we had concrete information about our webOS products to offer you.

We are continuing our efforts to work with Palm to clear the path for a full editing version of Documents To Go. However, given the current environment at Palm, as well as the necessary collaboration with the device manufacturer that is required to bring an app like ours to a platform like webOS, our Documents To Go editor product for webOS is essentially at a standstill.

As soon as we have any additional information, we will inform you immediately.

Thanks for your passion surrounding our solution.

The DataViz Team
    hey, maybe someone should post that on the front page...

(srcsm)

I got the same GENERIC email. It doesn't mean anything except "Hold Your Breath".
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    hey, maybe someone should post that on the front page...

(srcsm)
    The news is that they are actively sending this email to all their customers. I'm aware this is the same statement from Kathleen McAneany.
    This was posted on the Precentral.net homepage just last week.

EDIT.... ha.. Johnny, I saw your (srcsm) too late!
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    The news is that they are actively sending this email to all their customers. I'm aware this is the same statement from Kathleen McAneany.
    oh sorry. I'm just so..... Blah dataviz!
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post

I got the same GENERIC email. It doesn't mean anything except "Hold Your Breath".
    "How do they know who to send the e-mail to by the way? I have never sent anything to DataViz, EVER!
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    I wish they would be a little more specific about what "given the current environment at Palm" means.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    "How do they know who to send the e-mail to by the way? I have never sent anything to DataViz, EVER!
    You sure about that? You never bought anything from them, ever?

DataViz has sent you this message because you signed up to receive news about Documents To Go for Palm web0S. This email was sent to: Dave@netfixconsulting.com. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not junk/bulk folders), please add info@list.dataviz.com to your email address book.

It is never our intention to send unwanted email to our customers. If you would no longer like to receive emails related to Palm webOS software from DataViz, please visit the following link:

Unsubscribe

Please do not reply to this message. For information on how to contact DataViz, please visit the:
    DataViz contact information page

(c)DataViz, Inc. All rights reserved. All product names, logos and icons are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

DataViz, Inc., Merritt Corporate Woods, 612 Wheelers Farms Road, Milford, CT 06461 USA
    Phone: +1 203.874.0085 • Web: PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz

Unsubscribe | Contact DataViz | View our Privacy Statement
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I wish they would be a little more specific about what "given the current environment at Palm" means.
    Yes, that rubbed me the wrong way as well. It seems almost a little snarky without clarification. Bottom line is, this is a product that they've said would be made available, and that they're now backing off of. Given that many current Palm customers have been very loyal past Dataviz customers, I think they should be a little more forthcoming.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Do you think the lack of a valid file system manager (not homebrew/internalz) would hold this back?
    I got the email too...

I'm confused as to what exactly they need access to from Palm in order to get this application running on WebOS. Is there something missing from the SDK that is holding them back? I'm not a programmer (obviously), but this seems really weird to me that they keep subtly pointing the finger at Palm as to why this isn't out yet (even before their earlier email to a member saying they were holding off to see what happens with Palm's future). They have Docs2Go for the iPhone... I thought it was supposed to be 'easy' to simply port apps over from there. What am I missing or confused about?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/27/2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    You sure about that? You never bought anything from them, ever?

DataViz has sent you this message because you signed up to receive news about Documents To Go for Palm web0S. This email was sent to: Dave@netfixconsulting.com. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not junk/bulk folders), please add info@list.dataviz.com to your email address book.

It is never our intention to send unwanted email to our customers. If you would no longer like to receive emails related to Palm webOS software from DataViz, please visit the following link:

Unsubscribe

Please do not reply to this message. For information on how to contact DataViz, please visit the:
    DataViz contact information page

(c)DataViz, Inc. All rights reserved. All product names, logos and icons are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

DataViz, Inc., Merritt Corporate Woods, 612 Wheelers Farms Road, Milford, CT 06461 USA
    Phone: +1 203.874.0085 • Web: PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz

Unsubscribe | Contact DataViz | View our Privacy Statement
    I am glad yours was like that, but mine was not like that. It was more like an advertisement. Like I said I have never gone to DataViz website nor have I purchased anything from them or even signed up for a newsletter.

I just got this too... And I think I got it because I signed up to get notified for any info about Docs to Go for webOS
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    the details aren't anyone's business really (imo). Airing out the details will just create bad PRPRPR.

The bottom line to me is that some of the more articulate members sent a pretty powerful message to DataViz; you went to their page, and asked for a little respect. Now you have something when before you had nothing.

I appreciate the e-mail. At least I'm not holding my breath and I know to support people like the author of scratch in every way possible. Maybe that will get me a step closer to having what I want or something like it while Palm and DV get their act together/fall apart.

I think we can be a little more sure that the fate of Palm is probably more dependant on us than anything. Sounds like things aren't too hot as recent news/articles have implied.
    I just found this in my inbox as well. I was all excited...
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Yeah, I got all excited to see the e-mail, thinking they were finally announcing the product coming out. Boooooooooooo to DataViz!!! I don't like the harsh tone they took about Palm/blaming Palm in the e-mail. That's not very business-like.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I got nuttin'. And I am registered to receive updates.
    I got the same e-mail. I'd happily buy a program from someone else, or wait until openoffice is solid and easy to install. Seems a bit weird to send out an e-mail to flame palm, either say what the problem is, or say nothing.
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

= They haven't sold enough units for us to commit the resources to make this happen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast