Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just an absolute shining star in the sky of contemporary mobile programming. Stunning. Brilliant. Doesn't hang up ever. Works just perfect. All these people saying they're having problems must just be absolute morons. Because it clearly works perfectly.

well done guys. You can rest knowing that you helped create a solid, reliable app that works EXACTLY how it was intended to work. Brilliant.

detroitkruk
    Except clicking the notification for comments on a photo produces an error that says something to the effect "cannot load photo".

So not 100% perfect.... but yeah, its getting really close for me.
    Nice... you must make friends everywhere you go. If I overlooked any dripping sarcasm, forgive me. Better not download the app that this moron is about to release, it might eat your phone.

It hangs on me every once in a while after I comment on a post in my news feed and it goes back to the full feed. The progress indicator hangs, and when you click it, it will move a little and stop again. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with it.

Any other absolute morons want to chime in?
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    just an absolute shining star in the sky of contemporary mobile programming. Stunning. Brilliant. Doesn't hang up ever. Works just perfect. All these people saying they're having problems must just be absolute morons. Because it clearly works perfectly.

well done guys. You can rest knowing that you helped create a solid, reliable app that works EXACTLY how it was intended to work. Brilliant.

detroitkruk
    Really? Calling people a moron because the app doesn't work for some people. I am saddened by your ignorance.

Also, it's not perfect. When trying to click on a photo comment from the notifications you can't look at it cause it gives you an error.
    You guys realize that hes being sarcastic...
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    It's kinda hard to understand that on the internet. If he is being sarcastic he needs to give hints to him being sarcastic. It really is some people on here that think everything palm does is unrivaled. So if he was being sarcastic then I apologize.
    here is a problem you can validate and take the shine off your perfect score.

let another person log in to THEIR Facebook account from your phone. Then try to stop synergy from a absorbing their contacts all over your phone.

you can delete their instance in face ook, contacts app, photos, and you will still get errors when you sync contacts or try to back up to your palm profile.

try it. Then tell me it is perfect.
    lol i love this app but its not 100% maybe 98.9%? lol don't care for chat really but i wish i didn't have to click on each link to make the counter update (notifications) also the photo thing that supercluver mentioned.

edit: yea i did feel a lil sarcasm but idk for sure so didn't mention it
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Right before I hit submit, I added that bit about sarcasm just in case.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    here is a problem you can validate and take the shine off your perfect score.

let another person log in to THEIR Facebook account from your phone. Then try to stop synergy from a absorbing their contacts all over your phone.

you can delete their instance in face ook, contacts app, photos, and you will still get errors when you sync contacts or try to back up to your palm profile.

try it. Then tell me it is perfect.
    and you did this? why? only one of the aforementioned morons would do this knowing full well that synergy would do what it was designed to do....perhaps if you had eliminated the facebook from syncing with your contacts PRIOR to this foolhardy move, you would not have had this horrid result?

I love it when something works as it is supposed to, and then people complain because THEY are doing something other than what was intended...ROFL!!!
    qnd how would o have done that? I fully expected it to ask me efore it did that. And I didn't expect it to hide reference to their I'd in every freaing app on the phone...

palm currently has this listed as a bug.

since you are obviously smarter than me, tell me how to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Except clicking the notification for comments on a photo produces an error that says something to the effect "cannot load photo".

So not 100% perfect.... but yeah, its getting really close for me.
    agreed its annoying to have to go to the full site just to check photo comments also i wish there was an easier way to clear new notifications if u have checked them elsewhere. You know the lil red number that comes up in the top left hand corner?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    it's farrrrrrrrrr from perfect when it's better than the iphones it will be perfect
    I'm at lost for words on this thread.

... But what the heck..

Notifications # will never go away unless to click each one. Real pain.

Photos view - cannot load photo

Notifications - rapid clicking notifications will freeze app into oblivion. Sometimes it will rise, others it will fall. You can zoomout the page and throw the card away & reload. My wife does this alot. (annoys me along with my Pre...)

Perfect? No cigar.

I guess this moron is stumped.
  15.    #15  
    Sarcasm?

I mean, how brilliant and efficient to make the user click through to their wall for each and every comment under the globe icon. This is definitely thorough "What Would Jobs Do?" style programming. Really tucks you into the entire Facebook experience. Smart.

And the spinning circle and 50/50 connectivity is clearly meant to be meditative and cathartic for the user. And, why wouldn't you want to clear history, cookies and cache everytime you want to open the Facebook app? It's just prudent. Bravo.

Also, I find it particularly sweet that clicking on photos and albums doesn't actually bring up photos, just a blank photo viewer. How cutting edge is this, dude? This is forward thinking right here. Clicking on a photo really shouldn't mean that photos come up. That is just old archaic thinking that has no place in the bleeding edge world of Palm Development.

Further. How brilliant is it to offer the only platform-centric Facebook App and OS that doesn't allow you to attach a comment to a photo at the point of upload? This is very impressive.

It is this unique approach to the most broadly used apps that will keep Palm and Web OS at the top of the smartphone standings. I mean, who needs to make apps that work when you can simply just make apps? Keep up the good work Palm and Palm Devs. We are all cheering you on with unwavering support no matter how many times you stumble. You can do nothing that will make us think criticaly of you. NOTHING.

detroitkruk
    Last edited by detroitkruk; 04/27/2010 at 07:05 AM.
    Get it?
    The Facebook app is definitely amazing, but you have no right to call a lot of people who are having issues that are not their fault morons. I myself had the glitch where it wouldn't let me log in. I would put in my email and password perfectly, and the circle would spin forever, eventually giving me an error. No its not my Facebook account, I could log on from anywhere else (including from the web browser on the Pre). I tried everything, nothing short of a doctor or partial erase would work. I deleted/downloaded the app a million times, unsynced my Facebook profile, resynced it, and a lot of other things. Finally I got fed up and did a doctor, and after that I was able to use it. But a lot of people had the exact same problem as me, some without patches or kernal upgrades or anything! Just because everything doesn't work for you, you don't have the right to go and say everyone else is wrong.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pp-issues.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-problems.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...available.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...n-trouble.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...t-sign-me.html
    Last edited by Rudementry; 04/27/2010 at 07:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    Sarcasm?

Further. How brilliant is it to offer the only platform-centric Facebook App and OS that doesn't allow you to attach a comment to a photo at the point of upload? This is very impressive.

I agree with you that the app is VERY buggy, but I'm pretty sure you can add a comment to a photo before you upload it. I have done it myself.
    you can add comment to photo before upload,,do it everyday. Almost perfect. It's getting there.
    Last edited by zmann; 04/27/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    this is wonderfil stuff. Some of you should be writers for this blog or others.. Hat tip detroitruk...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast