Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    you can add comment to photo before upload,,do it everyday. Almost perfect. It's getting there.
    If you have a moment, can you list instructions on how to add a caption/comment to a photo at the time you are uploading. I would sincerely appreciate it.

detroitkruk
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    If you have a moment, can you list instructions on how to add a caption/comment to a photo at the time you are uploading. I would sincerely appreciate it.

Oh wow, you are TOO funny. Here you go. Hopefully you can follow along.

1. Start the Facebook App
    2. Click on the Camera Icon
    3. Select the Photo that you want
    4. Click on "Upload This Photo"
    5. Enter your caption at the bottom of the screen.
    6. Click the Paper Airplane Icon
    7. Wait
    8. Wait some more
    9. Wait a little more
    10. Done!

See, just 10 steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Except clicking the notification for comments on a photo produces an error that says something to the effect "cannot load photo".

So not 100% perfect.... but yeah, its getting really close for me.
    +1 I've got the same issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Don't pet the troll
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Let keep in mind people that this is a 1.2 release. there are going to be bugs.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Let keep in mind people that this is a 1.2 release. there are going to be bugs.
    Which version will actually work correctly? 5.0?
    Mine has stopped sending notifications... it worked this past weekend... and now nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Except clicking the notification for comments on a photo produces an error that says something to the effect "cannot load photo".

So not 100% perfect.... but yeah, its getting really close for me.
    I have the same issue. But other than that the only thing I can see being added/improved on is being able to use the FB Apps on your phone via FB.

<<crickets>>

Feel free to thank me anytime, DK.

detroitkruk
    I think you would have better luck just emailing it to yourself and posting it from the 'puter. in it's current state the pre is just not a good choice if you are trying to do something that involves facebook AND photos.
    I'm not sayin you guys arnt having problems but I can post pics with captions through the facebook app with no problem I wish it had an indicator telling you when the upload is done though I triple posted a pic before lol

edit: nvm it seems like it's fixed on 1.2 I guess I haven't uploaded anything since beta
    Last edited by VenpaCasa; 04/28/2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Wow. People are so spoiled these days.

You want Palm to make an app like the iPhone's, yet you fail to realize that FACEBOOK THEMSELVES, not Apple, made the iPhone app. Other platforms, like BlackBerry and Palm (and maybe Android, I'm not sure) have not had that luxury. They had to make their own apps. And to be honest, Palm is doing a GREAT job with it. It's much more intuitive than BlackBerry's app, that's for sure.

Also, keep in mind that Palm simply does not have a lot of resources to throw at developing the Facebook app. I would rather them focus what little resources they have on developing webOS, marketing, and bringing out some new hardware.

Oh, and by the way, the iPhone app has a photo viewing/commenting bug too. So maybe it's on Facebook's end?
  13.    #33  
    Honestly. Sincerely. Thank you. I COMPLETELY overlooked the camera icon in the status update section. HOWEVER! You should be given the option to add a caption when uploading from the native photo viewer. Right?

detroitkruk
    I get this:
    Service Error
    An error occurred requesting service palm://com.palm.facebook. Error Message: Service Method Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Seems like it is an odd error if everyone else has been able to use it...
    HOWEVER! You should be given the option to add a caption when uploading from the native photo viewer. Right?

Yeah, I would agree with you there.
    I'm having no problems.
    While we're on the topic... anyone have a tip of when an update or beta might be coming?

The notifications and 'Unable to load photo' are killin' me!
    i hate the unable to load photo ish too >.>
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    last night in notifications I was able to open up the pic I commented on...i had always gotten unable to open photo in notifications but yes it did work for me last night. Cool how it finally works. Damn it! It only seemed to work for that one photo...guess it only works when you comment on it first.
    Honestly. Sincerely. Thank you. I COMPLETELY overlooked the camera icon in the status update section. HOWEVER! You should be given the option to add a caption when uploading from the native photo viewer. Right?

detroitkruk
    definetly. like WHY THE HELL NOT?
    oh and i have a question:
    when you view a picture via the fb app, on the bottom left corner theres a bix in a circle, with an arrow in it, identical to the button in the native photo app, but it wont let you do ANYTHING. why?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast