webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Whatsapp for webos
Whatsapp for webos
Like Tree173Likes

Old 04/25/2010, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Does any one know if this application will be available to the webos systems to allow iphone and soon other Operating systems to communicate with the blackberry system?Searched and didnt find anything about it in the forums so if it a repost it a classic case of this forums search function not being perfect.i email the developers so i will let you all know if they reply and if there is any hope for us.i guess the only thing that would delay it is the sound alerts for the while

we have a petition to HP and Whatsapp for development of this messenger system.You can Check it out here
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/wapppalm/petition.html

Last edited by Kenjo2009; 04/02/2011 at 09:46 AM.
Kenjo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TouchPadPro likes this.
Old 04/25/2010, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

ah well they responded remarkably fast within a few minutes while i was writing this thread and apparently the response was NOi guess anyway we have a developer i believe is trying to do the same so i guess we will just have to wiat
Old 08/21/2010, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

wrote them again, lets see if they have capacities free after android app launch.
gizmo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2010, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just wrote them too...I really hope they can come out with a whatsapp client...this might be a deal breaker for me and my Pre Plus (in day 7 of its 30 day AT&T trial...)
John Kneeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2010, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

still nothin
Old 12/04/2010, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

still?
secure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2010, 07:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

WhatsApp messenger is a smartphone to smartphone messenger currently available for iPhone, BlackBerry and Nokia phones only. The application utilizes push notifications to instantly get messages from friends, colleagues and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages at no cost. All features are included in our base price without the need for extra in-application purchases.

WHY USE WHATSAPP VS. OTHER SOLUTIONS:

* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.

* MMS: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends. (iPhone 3GS required to send and save video)

* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.

* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.

* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.

* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list. (You can of course always edit Favorites any way you like)

* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.

* STATUS: Use the status feature of WhatsApp to inform your contacts if you are busy, in a meeting, at the gym, or available for a chat.

* AND MUCH MORE: Share location, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Precise message time stamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and MMS to many contacts at once and much much more!

________

Guys! Don't you think this app is superior to other IM app/platforms?

I especially like the fact that it uses the phone number instead of a username.

It's as simple as SMS texting but free!
phil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2010, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

i am lost phil71.are you confirming that whatsapp is coming to webos or you just wanted to provide information on what the application does?if you what this service o come to webos try emailing them like i did but at the point in time they werent planning on a webos application
Old 12/06/2010, 05:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

No!
I justed wanted to provide information about a wonderful app that my girlfriend is using on her iPhone. I wish I were able to receive and send free "sms" with my Pre as well.

Please do send them your wish : feedback@whatsapp.com
phil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2010, 06:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

E-mail sent, i hope they release a client for webOS, will be great to be able to message all my friends with iPhones for free
KarlD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2010, 01:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
hux

mailed. sucks to be the only os / user who doesn't has this app available. lots of friends are already using it.
hux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2010, 03:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

i e-mailed them about a month ago, and they simply replied with the word 'no', no explanation or nothing, just no
KarlD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2010, 07:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

I just got a reply back from them tonight.

WebOS market share is unfortunately too small. We are still considering it for 2011 and hope to make a decision soon.

THx,
--b

Maybe if HP/Palm do something next year to increase numbers we will get a WhatsApp client...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
WyckedAnkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2011, 04:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

I already emailed them twice. Got the same answer as wyckedankh.

It would be AWESOME if the WhatsApp client would be an enhancement to the messaging application, just like GTalk or AIM
marcomendez#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2011, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

And WhatsApp is on Android too (not sure when it happened, I just got my Epic 4G after being a Pre user for a year and a half). So that's one more OS that's doing it and not WebOS.
AllThatCaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2011, 07:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

meh, I'd rather see a Beluga app.
ceebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2011, 05:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

I mailed them too. Same response. Here is a template, in case you want to chime in and mail support@whatsapp.com

"Hello,

I saw your app whatsapp on a friends device and I really like the concept of it. I`d love to have it on webOS and I assume, it would be one of the most sold apps there easily! Please port Whatsapp to webOS! Looking forward to it!

Thanks ..."
mgmft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2011, 06:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

For anyone who wants to join the campaign comment on Whatsapp's official Facebook discussion page:

WhatsApp for webOS | Facebook

Share the link too, let's try and get as many people on board as possible.
i_maq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2011, 07:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

i had asked the developers a while ago about this.the only problem is even if they were considering it or had remotely started any developing this program they would have to change their programing to the newer formats for the 2.0 webos versus the older programing for older devices.i wonder if they would work on both but i highly doubt that but it doesn't hurt to still try petitioning them
Old 03/06/2011, 08:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Guys I think that we might also want to try getting HP/Palm's developer relations involved as well. Try emailing both pdc@palm.com and support@whatsapp.com, as well as try tweeting both @Palm and @WhatsAppInc. Creating awareness and lobbying might just work. I was an early adopter of the Palm Pre but very quickly switched back when the lack of apps wasn't getting any better. Since then I've toggled between iOS, BB, and several Android devices. If WhatsApp were to become available on the Pre3 or WebOS platform, I would definitely switch back in a heartbeat. Imagine how many others would be willing to do the same? Nowadays it's all about social networking and IM. As great as MSN and Yahoo are, it's not the same as using apps like BBM and WhatsApp. If you don't have BBM, then you likely have WhatsApp on your phone that allows you to chat with someone that's using a phone of a different platform... Unfortunately it works on the big 3, and not WebOS.

Let's try our best! I'd love to switch back to WebOS.

Last edited by zr123; 03/08/2011 at 12:41 PM.
zr123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0