Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    ok, so the last question then .. what does this come up with ..

Code:
    string text = Environment.get_OSVersion().get_Version().ToString();
    	string text2 = string.Format("{0}-{1}-H{2}", DeviceStatus.get_DeviceManufacturer(), DeviceStatus.get_DeviceName(), DeviceStatus.get_DeviceHardwareVersion()).Replace(' ', '_');
    and does it use 2.8.0.0 or 2.8.0 as the version
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by isagar2004 View Post
    Recovering the lost piece of information from a MD5 hash using brute-force is impossible. I just wrote a simple C# application that does the calculations. The buildHash value for the 2.8.0.0 version of WhatsApp on Windows Phone is:
    Code:
    c0d4db538579a3016902bf699c16d490acf91ff4
    Now all you need to do is to use some standard MD5 library to do something like that:
    Code:
    var token = MD5.getHashString("k7Iy3bWARdNeSL8gYgY6WveX12A1g4uTNXrRzt1H" + "c0d4db538579a3016902bf699c16d490acf91ff4" + phoneNumber).toLowerCase()

:thumbup:

Great !!!!!!

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
    - HP Veer --
    also, what lost piece of information were you referring to? if they md5 that same source string on their end, using the arbitrary string at the front, the known sha1 for the executeable, and the passed in phone number, they should come up with the same thing.. right?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    ok, so the last question then .. what does this come up with ..

Code:
    string text = Environment.get_OSVersion().get_Version().ToString();
    	string text2 = string.Format("{0}-{1}-H{2}", DeviceStatus.get_DeviceManufacturer(), DeviceStatus.get_DeviceName(), DeviceStatus.get_DeviceHardwareVersion()).Replace(' ', '_');
    and does it use 2.8.0.0 or 2.8.0 as the version
    It's splitting the last zero in the version check, so it's 2.8.0
    I have no idea what would be the value for the text2 string because I don't own a Windows Phone device. I wrote a simple Windows Phone app to check it, so if someone here has a Windows Phone device (preferably some mainstream device like the Lumia 800 or 900, so they won't just block the registration) and has an AppHub account, I'll send him the app so that could be tested.

also, what lost piece of information were you referring to? if they md5 that same source string on their end, using the arbitrary string at the front, the known sha1 for the executeable, and the passed in phone number, they should come up with the same thing.. right?
    Yes, but before I wrote my C# app, we didn't have the buildHash value, so the fact that they have it doesn't really help up and we can't recover it from the hashed string.
    Last edited by isagar2004; 08/26/2012 at 12:32 PM.
    TouchPad Virtual Keyboard Patches
    webOS Scrollbars

Like my work? Want to support it? Want to thank me?
    Gentlemen, I have a successful registration request.

Code:
    Making AjaxCall url="https://r.whatsapp.net/v1/code.php?cc=1&in=9519993267&mcc=000&mnc=000&imsi=0&method=sms&token=3750080b6722fc954f64a479b1b2ab80"
    AjaxCall opt={"headers":{"User-Agent":"WhatsApp/2.8.0 WP7/7.50 Device/Nokia-Lumia_900-1.0","Content-Type":"application/x-www-form-urlencoded","Accept":"text/xml","Accept-Language":"en-us","Accept-Encoding":"gzip, deflate","Connection":"keep-alive"}}
    Though, I'd still much rather know what the correct strings for WP7/x.xx and Device/yyy-zzz-ii.jj should be
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Gentlemen, I have a successful registration request.

Code:
    Making AjaxCall url="https://r.whatsapp.net/v1/code.php?cc=1&in=9519993267&mcc=000&mnc=000&imsi=0&method=sms&token=3750080b6722fc954f64a479b1b2ab80"
    AjaxCall opt={"headers":{"User-Agent":"WhatsApp/2.8.0 WP7/7.50 Device/Nokia-Lumia_900-1.0","Content-Type":"application/x-www-form-urlencoded","Accept":"text/xml","Accept-Language":"en-us","Accept-Encoding":"gzip, deflate","Connection":"keep-alive"}}
    Though, I'd still much rather know what the correct strings for WP7/x.xx and Device/yyy-zzz-ii.jj should be
    The OS version should be 7.10.xxxx (7.10.7720 on the emulator).
    They just love to call it Windows Phone 7.5, but it's actually 7.1
    I'm glad to see that the information I posted helped.
    webOS Scrollbars

Also, it sent me the exact same 3 digit code that it sent me when i reg'd the same number from Android about a week ago, and that was the same code that I got from them back in May when I first started exploring this. So, it does look like the codes are reusable, as I'd heard.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Glad to test on my Pre2, Veer or Pre3. What would I do?
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'm just watching this thread with great interest and understanding a 5% at most.
    But you have all my positive energy being sent to you via teh internetz.
    Vistaus and renater like this.
    Great work guys! Will try and see in a bit if I can register as well Future Mrs Herrie is trying to sort our wedding photographer on the PC, so better not bother her during the process for my WhatsApp account .....
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    I'm going to kick it around a couple of programmer types for a while, to see what blows up in the basics, and hopefully figure out some better ways to do some things. We don't want something bad to happen if someone who has no idea how to debug it or stop it if it infinite loops or whatever, and then we **** off WA, and so on.

SO, be patient. :P
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I hope only will be possible to use whazaaa like stock apps like gtalk chat in webOS , and so receive text when the Card is closed.

-- sent from my new iPad
    - HP Veer --
    It won't hurt you to have the window open, I promise. well, unless you're OCD about things like that, I guess. :-S
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Rnp likes this.
    It won't hurt you to have the window open, I promise. well, unless you're OCD about things like that, I guess. :-S
    Well, I'm OCD about things like that
    webOS Scrollbars

Rnp likes this.
    Could you make some youtube videos of app functionality ? thanks !

-- sent from my new iPad
    - HP Veer --
    Gentlemen, this is huge. I couldn't believe the amount of collaboration and progress I've been missing during the weekend. As always, I'll keep my Java client open at this WindowsXP box to see if Eric or someone else pops up there!

Great, great work people!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Could you make some youtube videos of app functionality ? thanks !

-- sent from my new iPad
    Current Whazaa app is mainly there for the following reasons (please note it's still VERY alpha and not ready for public testing) :

1. Registration of account with WhatsApp (working finally since yesterday).
    2. Activation of account with WhatsApp with the received SMS code.
    3. As "service" in the background to login to WhatsApp and keep the connection open.

Rest of the stuff is done via Messaging app

It's still very alpha at the moment with no error checking whatsoever, layout needs improvement and many other things, but so far it works on Touchpad, Veer 2.1.2, Veer 2.2.4 and Pre 3. Current internal testing version ONLY supports text and still has a number of bugs and features that need to be added/improved.

Eric is the one who should get 95% of all credits for all the work that was done, with the remaining 5% to the other people who contributed.

The current code is not in any state to be released yet and needs serious cleaning up. I'm sure Eric will make it available when he believes it's fit for purpose

I'm sure that some donations will help to motivate him I donated USD 30,- this morning for the good cause!
    jcmarcos, fm-soft, Rnp and 3 others like this.
    WANT!

Really, an outstanding work by Eric, and great summary by Herrie. My Pre3 already drools for alpha testing. I have the three digit code ("114") that WhatsApp sent me for my Java client, which is registered with my actual's Pre3 IMEI and phone number. Could I use it, instead of attempting a second registration?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    WANT!

Really, an outstanding work by Eric, and great summary by Herrie. My Pre3 already drools for alpha testing. I have the three digit code ("114") that WhatsApp sent me for my Java client, which is registered with my actual's Pre3 IMEI and phone number. Could I use it, instead of attempting a second registration?
    Not 100% sure, the code seems to change sometimes I noticed. Not sure what triggers this to be honest, maybe others can shed light on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I'm sure that some donations will help to motivate him I donated USD 30,- this morning for the good cause!
    Maybe someone could repost his PayPal account to continue his motivation. Good work.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast