Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I.. have no idea. my knowledge of things Android is not vast. I assume it works in the same way as it did before, we just need to know what the web address used, URL parameters, and the User Agent.. most likely.

I figure another possible idea would be to setup a secure web server, on your own network, and trick the android phone into using it for r.whatsapp.net, but i have no idea how to do the whole part about making the secure part of that work.

I got registered on it like 2 months ago, when I first started poking at this. It also appears that you can use a deactivated Android phone or an Android emulator to run the app, which will then ask you what phone number you want to register, and then you can take that code to any other thing and register it. I've also heard rumors that if you skip the requesting a new code step you can continuously use the same code to register forever, although i haven't tested that.

There's no direct way to connect contacts in one system (say, SIM account) to another system (Whatsapp account). I have no idea how

Yes, the 'standard' registration process is: run the app, WA sends you a text message with a code, you enter the code into the app, and WA creates an account and assigns it to your phone.
    I can have a look at the APK that I have at home to see if it's OPEN enough to figure out the registration bit. I know some part was obfuscated but not sure if it's the registration part?

I thought WhatsApp is assigned to phone number and not to phone (IMEI) ? But can be wrong, never looked into too much detail to be honest.
    The phone number is the user id, the phone serial is the password. Yeah, if we can locate any calls to https://*.whatsapp.net that can give some insight into the API. I've found a registration system that appears to work (iOS), but no matter what I send it, it complains that my WA is too old.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    The phone number is the user id, the phone serial is the password. Yeah, if we can locate any calls to https://*.whatsapp.net that can give some insight into the API. I've found a registration system that appears to work (iOS), but no matter what I send it, it complains that my WA is too old.
    Just checked the latest version (Version 2.8.3235) APK from WhatsApp :: Home and it's heavily obfuscated and pretty much impossible to use
    How about this? Still current or outdated?

Help With Whatsapp Hack - Everything Else - Hak5 Forums
    That's about as much info as I already have, and it seems like that method of generating the login code either is no longer available, or I've been personally locked out of it by IP, as I only get registration errors on calls that I know used to work.

I suppose I could try tethering to my phone, and see if I can code that way.

*edit: no love from using my phone as an IP address, it looks like probably they've changed the method. Any idea how to get into the SIS file they are currently providing for S60 ? "unmakesis 0.2b" doesn't get it.
    Last edited by eblade; 08/23/2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Where can I get my Mobile Subscriber Identification Number? That seems to cause the problem for me. Got MCC, MNC etc get Success with code 60 but no SMS so I suspect I don't have a proper MSIN.... I'll look into SIS as well. On Filecrop you can find various Android, iOS and S60 versions to download by the way.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I got registered on it like 2 months ago, when I first started poking at this.
    So, same case as mine, got activated months ago. I even used my real phone number and IMEI of my Pre3, even though the client I'm using should allow for arbitrary values. So the real hurdle now is registration, which has changed from what was discovered months ago.

It also appears that you can use a deactivated Android phone or an Android emulator to run the app, which will then ask you what phone number you want to register, and then you can take that code to any other thing and register it.
    If it runs on an emulator, then perhaps you ca use a tool like Fiddler, which monitors and shows all http traffic in Windows. But, if the emulator doesn't use the operating system's network framework, then you get nothing.

I've also heard rumors that if you skip the requesting a new code step you can continuously use the same code to register forever, although i haven't tested that.
    Let me see if I got it: The official WhatsUp client takes your phone number and IMEI (or whatever device ID Android generates), posts it to "r.whatsapp.com", which in return sends you a little four number code. Or it does some unknown calculation with the two, and also posts that third value, that their servers check for autenthicity.

The Meego people are also facing this problem. They even have a second client, called "Yapari". Their solution is using "Nitroid" which must be like a full android distro that runs on their devices. They install the official client inside, register, and snatch the code from it.

Is the Java code so obfuscated? What a pity.

There's no direct way to connect contacts in one system (say, SIM account) to another system (Whatsapp account). I have no idea how.
    With, for example, the Synergy MSN plugin, a new "MSN address" field gets available for contacts. You put there their address, and the MSN method of chatting becomes available for them.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    With, for example, the Synergy MSN plugin, a new "MSN address" field gets available for contacts. You put there their address, and the MSN method of chatting becomes available for them.
    That's what we need. This way we can chose the Person to contact and the method (here: WA) to contact them, AND we can have the data backed up easily once it is part of the contacts entry.
    Yes, it would allow you to add contacts as WA contacts. But it will not allow you to just automatically assign contacts as WA contacts, each one would have to have their WA information added to them individually. Even once that's done, I don't know how to tell WA that we want to pay attention to them, although we don't even really need to do that, I guess.

It can't just take all the existing contacts and associate them to WA. I suppose it would be possible to write a Preware app that would do that, though. I should probably investigate that for SynerGV as well.

Herrie - if you're getting a success but no message - are you using the proper User-Agent? I get a success but nothing happens, when I use the TouchPad U-A, but using a "correct" U-A will always give me either "fail-too-many" or another failure if i specify a version string in the UA that's too old.

To get the code, all you raelly have to specify is cc, in, and method, and the mcc, mnc, imsi can all be 0. all the rest is specified after the intiial code request.

Here's what I'm using :

Code:
    var https = require('https');

var options = {
        host: "r.whatsapp.net",
        port: 443,
        path: "/v1/code.php?cc=1&in=9519993267&mcc=000&mnc=000&imsi=0&method=sms",
        method: "GET",
        headers: {
            "User-Agent": "WhatsApp/2.8.1504 Android/4.0.2 Device/samsung-Galaxy_Nexus",
            "Content-Type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",
            "Accept": "text/xml",
            "Accept-Language": "en-us",
            "Accept-Encoding": "gzip, deflate",
            "Connection": "keep-alive",
        }
    };

var req = https.request(options, function(res) {
        res.on('data', function(d) {
            process.stdout.write(d);
        });
    });
    req.end();
    req.on('error', function(e) {
        console.error(e);
    });
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I was just sending the request using Firefox on my desktop PC and got this code "success" code but no SMS.

How to test your code on my PC? If you have it in some kind of form/app I'm happy to test it....
    Go Guys !

You can make The Story

- HP Veer --
    That's Node.jsjsjs $code$, $you$ $can$ $run$ $it$ $in$ $practically$ $any$ $version$ $of$ $Node$.
    OK, I know my way around HTML, javascript etc but haven't worked with Node.jsjsjs $yet$...

How can I easily get this working by making a HTML, including it and running it from my desktop?
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/24/2012 at 10:08 AM.
    That's Node.jsjsjs $code$, $you$ $can$ $run$ $it$ $in$ $practically$ $any$ $version$ $of$ $Node$.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  14.    #134  
    can someone feature this on the front page or should we wait til this is fully functional?
    I would much rather it wasn't featured. Although WA hasn't at this time taken a stance against alternative access methods, I think all of us with platforms that are not officially supported would rather that they didn't.

Herrie: you could install node for Windows, or just run that code on a TouchPad (go to a command line, enter "node", then paste that into it)
    Last edited by eblade; 08/24/2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Enough pestering, people... here's a screenshot.

Whazaa!
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    wolfgart, Vistaus and jcmarcos like this.
    Enough pestering, people... here's a screenshot.

Whazaa!
    I love youuuuuuu

Go guys !
    - HP Veer --
    I must be doing something wrong? Used WOSQI, Command Line, Node, copied and pasted your code, changed it so it has my number and get the following:
    Code:
    C:\Users\Herrie\Downloads>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d 0192530b6b
    c9f9496323c58995da96acab1bf3fe -t open tty://
    root@GCsHPTouchPad:/# node
    node
    ←[1G> ←[0K←[3Gvar https = require('https');

var options = {
        path: "/v1/code.php?cc=31&in=652044684&mcc=204&mnc=004&imsi=0&method=sms",
            "User-Agent": "WhatsApp/2.8.1504 Android/4.0.2 Device/samsung-Galaxy_Nex
    us",
        }
    };

process.stdout.write(d);
        });
    });
    req.end();
        console.error(e);
    });
    ←[1G> ←[0K←[3G
    ←[1G> ←[0K←[3G
    ←[1G> ←[0K←[3G
    ←[1G> ←[0K←[3Gvar options = {
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    host: "r.whatsapp.net",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    port: 443,
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    path: "/v1/code.php?cc=31&in=652044684&mcc=204&mnc=004&imsi=
    0&method=sms",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    method: "GET",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    headers: {
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G        "User-Agent": "WhatsApp/2.8.1504 Android/4.0.2 Device/sa
    msung-Galaxy_Nexus",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G        "Content-Type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G        "Accept": "text/xml",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G        "Accept-Language": "en-us",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G        "Accept-Encoding": "gzip, deflate",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G        "Connection": "keep-alive",
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    }
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G};
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5Gvar req = https.request(options, function(res) {
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    res.on('data', function(d) {
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G        process.stdout.write(d);
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    });
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G});
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5Greq.end();
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5Greq.on('error', function(e) {
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G    console.error(e);
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G});
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    ←[1G... ←[0K←[5G
    On my Veer 2.2.4 I get the following:

Code:
    C:\Users\Herrie\Downloads>"C:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom.exe" -d a4c2b3f110
    c4ded448b053cea78278581b51bf4f -t open tty://
    root@HerriesHPVeer:/# ←[Jnode
    node
    ←[0G> ←[0K←[0G←[2Cvar https = require('https');
    var options = {
        path: "/v1/code.php?cc=31&in=652044684&mcc=000&mnc=000&imsi=0&method=sms",
            "User-Agent": "WhatsApp/2.8.1504 Android/4.0.2 Device/samsung-Galaxy_Nex
    us",
        }
    };
            process.stdout.write(d);
        });
    });
    req.end();
        console.error(e);
    });
    ←[0GError: Cannot find module 'https'
        at loadModule (node.jsjsjs:$11$:$498$)
        $at$ $require$ ($node$.$js$:$15$:$365$)
        $at$ $cwdRequire$ ($repl$:$1$:$349$)
        $at$ [$object$ $Context$]:$1$:$13$
        $at$ $Interface$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($repl$:$4$:$289$)
        $at$ $Interface$.$emit$ ($events$:$2$:$431$)
        $at$ $Interface$.$_ttyWrite$ ($readline$:$11$:$454$)
        $at$ $Interface$.$_ttyWrite$ ($readline$:$18$:$8$)
        $at$ $Interface$.$write$ ($readline$:$6$:$87$)
        $at$ $Stream$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($repl$:$4$:$113$)
    &#$8592$;[$0G$&$gt$; &#$8592$;[$0K$&#$8592$;[$0G$&#$8592$;[$2C$});
    &#$8592$;[$0G$&#$8592$;[$0G$... &#$8592$;[$0K$&#$8592$;[$0G$&#$8592$;[$4C$
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/25/2012 at 03:01 AM.
    Wow. I had lost my faith in this long time ago... you are absolutely HUGE, keep up the good work!
    herrie, looks like you're pasting in a bunch of extra control codes or something there, i'd expect that that should run the code as given. i have the windows version of node installed on my pc, so i just use that, though, rather than pasting into it via touchpad. so.. umm.. not sure. i appreciate trying to help, though.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast