Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    please reply some developer
    Done !!!
    I signed to
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Didn't read the whole thread but did a search and didn't find that anyone had posted this link so here it is:

Implementing Whatsapp on webOS phones Technology Matters

This blog post was made right before HP decided to kill webos, so probably even less likely now, but it shows just how amazing whatsapp would be on webos.

Hopefully open sourcing webos will breathe new life into projects, and maybe even convince people to make it happen.
    There's a chance for us - no need to wait for Whatsapp!
    A Whatsapp like app is going to release its webOS version (currently support iOS & Android and WP very soon). It supports Text/Voice/Photo sharing. Hope it will be released asap (and without big bugs).

Talkbox for webOS
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    TextOne does the same and supports webOS as well.
    but the service sucks and when I started telling my friends, hey! Change to TextOne! They did it for 2 days and then went back to whatsapp.

it's something like "whatsapp or die" LOL
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    but the service sucks and when I started telling my friends, hey! Change to TextOne! They did it for 2 days and then went back to whatsapp.

No. TextOne webOS version doesn't support photo / voice / location sharing and group chat, which are totally different from normal SMS/MMS. Of course, if Talkbox webOS version provides only text sharing, it would be the same as TextOne.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post

webOS is not supported anymore for TextOne.
    People that have can still use it, but if you delete it or doctor your phone or get a new phone you cannot use it anymore. I had it until 1-2 weeks ago, but I had to doctor my phone and then lost it.
    I managed to get my friends to use it just to talk with me, but unfortunately it's not a solution anymore.
    Also it did not support file transfer, although it did support group chat.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    There an official API for whatsapp?

Saw this... might be interesting and a potential solution for a webos whatsapp client: WhatsApp for other platforms (API) - xda-developers
    Didn't look terribly official to me.
    WhatsApp has meanwhile an official Facebook Page. We should express our wish for a webOS right there, as this can't be missed by them and most of us should be on FB anyways.

http://www.facebook.com/whatsapp.official

Send them messages, post to the wall, Like other webOS requests. Show them we have a number!
    so where is "the official webOS request"-post i could put my "Like" in ?

i'm so lost in this new FB layout...
    There is an app for the nokia N9, why not giving a look on how they did it?

http://maemo.org/midcom-permalink-d7...7edec89b829b82
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    There is an app for the nokia N9, why not giving a look on how they did it?
    There's another whatsapp thread here in webOS Nation, entitled "petition", which tells precisely that story, and many more. Have a look also at Momo, a chinese whatsapp-style app for iOS, Android, etc, who has a great webOS supporter amongst their development team, that took care of our version. In fact, thanks to anoither webOS Nation member, our system has the first english Momo version in the planet!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Whatsapp for memo is already up and working with a few glitches.
    I don't see why it would be impossible for someone like Jason Robitaille to do while he's doing his internship at HP. It's just integration of the WhatsApp API with Synergy in the OS. If WebOS had WhatsApp integration, it would instantly be a much more viable phone for users to buy. How many tweens/teens have blackberries or cheap Android phones just to use BBM or WhatsApp or Kik? Messaging is super popular with kids these days, and because of that, when they grow up, it'll be their main way of communication. HP did great with integrating GTalk already but no one actually uses it. WhatsApp would be a MUCH better chat client to integrate into Synergy.

Jason, if you're reading this, I hope you can suggest this to HP for their Open WebOS launch. If WhatsApp found its way into the open sourcing plans, it'll make WebOS that much more attractive for the low-end manuacturers, which is exactly what fuels Android sales. It's not the high-end phones that bolster their sales numbers, it's all those cheapo phones that parents buy their 12 year olds. And 12 year olds don't use their phones to pay bills or to schedule meetings. They use them to talk to their crushes and bff's.
    I highly doubt it'll ever happen unless they open up their protocols - the whatsapp guy seemed quite discouraged on webOS at the developer forums. Or if someone makes a writeup on how the protocol actually works, instead of supplying some half vast Java code.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I highly doubt it'll ever happen unless they open up their protocols - the whatsapp guy seemed quite discouraged on webOS at the developer forums. Or if someone makes a writeup on how the protocol actually works, instead of supplying some half vast Java code.
    The WhatsApp API must be out because the unofficial MeeGo app is out now. That's the only reason why I now suggest that it should become a core part of Open WebOS.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShensMobile View Post
    The WhatsApp API must be out because the unofficial MeeGo app is out now. That's the only reason why I now suggest that it should become a core part of Open WebOS.
    I think they reversed engineered the app from Nokia Symbian (Java) probably!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I think they reversed engineered the app from Nokia Symbian (Java) probably!
    That may be the case, but just doing some searching on the TalkMaemo forums, it looks like people said he mentioned that he had a WhatsApp API and there was someone on XDA that was writing an API as well for cross-platform use. If this is the case, we may be able to borrow it for WebOS.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast