Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
  1. Fuu
    Whatsapp build into the messaging app... that would be insane.
    at the moment the developer wont invest time/money into webOS because marketshare is below 1% worldwide.
    maybe if HP/Palm would contact them directly they may become more interested in porting it to webOS..
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Just created a petition for WhatsApp on WebOS. If you'd still like to see it on the platform, please sign it here:

WhatsApp Messenger for Palm/HP WebOS Petition

I'll forward it to both Palm/HP and WhatsApp once it's complete.

Thanks!
    I've signed and we now have 242 signatures. Hope this is enough, or more will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by zr123 View Post
    Just created a petition for WhatsApp on WebOS. If you'd still like to see it on the platform, please sign it here:

WhatsApp Messenger for Palm/HP WebOS Petition

I'll forward it to both Palm/HP and WhatsApp once it's complete.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Awesome!

Please see this thread for updates:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2916176
    I have signed, fantastic idea. My sister uses this on her iPhone (bah!) and says it's a great app!
    signed -

whatsapp via webos synergy would be great, and would fit exactly to their scheme of sending to "registered phonenumbers" instead of account names.

Palm help them to port their app to webos and integrate it into synergy: HP to develop apps themselves for big-name partners | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    so what now heh? They just totally ignored us
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    so what now heh? They just totally ignored us
    Says who? Take a look at post #32 on this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...etition-2.html
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Has anyone looked behind Whatsapp? IT is just another XMPP client, like google talk or facebook chat. So in theory they are able to send messages to each other.
    Has anyone tried to add a Whatsapp account to one of your own XMPP accounts, e.g. via the Syncergy Messaging Plugin?

Greetings
    Chris
    any updates or hope on this?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zr123 View Post
    Says who? Take a look at post #32 on this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...etition-2.html
    there is over 2000 signature on the petition, when will the developer relation team take notice of this request.
    Quote Originally Posted by zineesh View Post
    there is over 2000 signature on the petition, when will the developer relation team take notice of this request.
    I was thinking the same thing. I'd like this since ProcessOne seems to have given up on TextOne for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I'd like this since ProcessOne seems to have given up on TextOne for webOS.
    From what I've read, the TextOne developers are waiting to see if webOS continues (in some way/by some company) or not. If not, they don't see a reason to continue development. The same may be true for WhatsApp (though they haven't even started/published anything yet).
    Part of their basis actually isn't possible in webOS - you can't access the device's contacts list from software. Synergy is a beautiful system if you want to put data -into- it, but getting data out of it is pretty much not allowed. So, that pretty much sucks.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by RfromR View Post
    From what I've read, the TextOne developers are waiting to see if webOS continues (in some way/by some company) or not. If not, they don't see a reason to continue development. The same may be true for WhatsApp (though they haven't even started/published anything yet).
    You are right about TextOne. Normally I'm an optimist, but things just aren't looking good for webOS.
    whatsapp response from:

Hi there, *** This is an automated response, please reply to this email if the text below does not answer your question. Your reply will go to a human reader. *** Sorry, your device webOS is currently not supported and we have no plans to support it at this time. We currently support iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Symbian S60, Windows Phone 7 Mango and Nokia s40 devices. I'm sorry that we have no further information to give out at this time. Thank you for feedback on this matter. Thank you for contacting WhatsApp. -----Original message-----

:'( :'( :-( :-( :-(
    close shop here people, stop begging.
    they don't have an interest in webos.
    Stop begging. now that Enyo exists, one of us could program a port for this Whatsapp thing, or better yet, to merge with it, at the very core, all smartphones are equal, IT IS about communications, not marketing of the trendy OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktermx View Post
    Stop begging. now that Enyo exists, one of us could program a port for this Whatsapp thing, or better yet, to merge with it, at the very core, all smartphones are equal, IT IS about communications, not marketing of the trendy OS.
    Enyo existed ever-since the introduction of webOS 3/2.2.0.

How would the fact that Enyo is open-sourced, if that is what you meant, could help in this? They have a propriety protocol implemented over XMPP and that is the biggest problem.
    Last edited by CvvB; 01/27/2012 at 02:46 PM.
    spud101 likes this.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast