Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by herrie View Post
    yes possible, or you could use enyo 2.0 for layout and use it in your browser (chrome/firefox/ie8+ etc )
    ok... Touché!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Evidently WhatsApp is not only broken...it's a privacy nightmare and half of the information you send is still exposed in transit...and you can take over someone's account and impersonate them as your own. Just read this today from YCombinator's Hacker News (their current top story, even):

WhatsApp is broken, really broken | fileperms

A must-read for anyone who has an account. Seriously not trustworthy with anyone's data.
    Last edited by dignitary; 09/14/2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Great! That encryption thing got me scared... But I didn't see a thing about encryption both in Eric's Node-WA and WhatsAPI. So are messages really encrypted or not? Anyway, time for celebration!

I guess that, since Peter Bjorn's Java client has stopped working, I'd give a try at Eric's work. But his Synergy plugin for messaging is not public.

Perhaps I can add that "Node.jsjsjs" thing to this WindowsXP box, download Eric's work, and then write an extremely simple console application for his API. Could that be possible?
    I've been using the secure connection method since day one, and that's been working fine. You should be able to write a console app in node.jsjsjs, $although$ $I$ $haven$'$t$ $actually$ $investigated$ $how$ $to$ $get$ $input$ $from$ $the$ $console$, $since$ $I$'$ve$ $only$ $really$ $used$ $it$ $on$ $webOS$, $where$ $the$ $input$ $is$ $coming$ $from$ $Enyo$ $instead$.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    No news from a lot of time. Is Whazaaa still alive ?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    No news from a lot of time. Is Whazaaa still alive ?

If you spent half as much time this weekend keeping up with this message thread, as I was able to spend working on code, you'd likely have read this post :

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3351654

Sending messages to me via WA threatening to sell your webOS phone, is neither productive, nor useful. Be my guest. In fact, I'd rather like to have a Veer, myself, so if it's less than I can get one new for, I might end up being the person who buys it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!

As a side note, it's a pity there's no easy way of getting a "current status" for a thread in forums.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    tromalas, Proximity and Vistaus like this.
    Thank you for the reminder, I try to work very hard to keep myself from responding to things too harshly. It seems so much easier to let comments about my published works roll off, than about things I haven't published or things that are brand new. My published work can stand on it's own, but things that are not readily available, I can only say, that I'm working on it. Although very little time has been spent the last couple of weeks putting code down, I've honestly been thinking about the WA implementation a lot. If I didn't care, though, I'd have just put out the whole thing already, not caring if it crashed every time someone sent you an image. My guess is that people probably send lots of images and other data, though, just because when they can do things like that, they do.

I've also spent a lot of time studying other WA code. And more importantly, i've spent much of the last two weeks working to land a job that will provide for myself and my family and allow me to do all sorts of cool things for the webOS users
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I'm rather new to this forum (as a poster at least) but this thread, and the hard work by eblade made me want to post.

I'd just like to show my gratitude to people like eblade for making the webOS (and the devices that it came on) a relevant platform again. I have been wanting whatsapp on my Pre 3 since I first got it. Actually, I wanted whatsapp on my original pre already. I will toss my Galaxy S3 in the bin when this project becomes readily available and start using my Pre 3 on a daily basis. Being in europe, all my contacts use whatsapp everyday and I'm missing out on a lot when I don't use it.

Therefore, I will follow this thread closely and wait patiently untill eblade can finish his work.

Eblade; thank you for making this happening!

Kind regards!

ric.
    Quote Originally Posted by lebasocir View Post
    I'm rather new to this forum (as a poster at least) but this thread, and the hard work by eblade made me want to post.

I'd just like to show my gratitude to people like eblade for making the webOS (and the devices that it came on) a relevant platform again. I have been wanting whatsapp on my Pre 3 since I first got it. Actually, I wanted whatsapp on my original pre already. I will toss my Galaxy S3 in the bin when this project becomes readily available and start using my Pre 3 on a daily basis. Being in europe, all my contacts use whatsapp everyday and I'm missing out on a lot when I don't use it.

Therefore, I will follow this thread closely and wait patiently untill eblade can finish his work.

Eblade; thank you for making this happening!

Kind regards!

ric.
    @ lebasocir, don't toss it, I'll have it! lol
    Go eBlade

- HP Veer --
    what's up with this?

MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos) - webOS Nation Forums - http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ent-webos.html

3 years nothing and now 2 apps?
    Yeah LOL.... Eric's stopped working though and WhatsAPI was taken down from Github :-( So I guess we're in for a race of WhatsApp v.s. Homebrew
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    hey herrie,
    you might not have it where ever you live but I can access it perfectly from germany (whatsapi that is).
    I haven't stopped. I'll put it out there as soon as we get that packet size problem solved, but frankly, I doubt anyone would use it over the other app now.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I haven't stopped. I'll put it out there as soon as we get that packet size problem solved, but frankly, I doubt anyone would use it over the other app now.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I am following this thread now for the time you first announced that you are working on a client for whatsapp, and although there is a version already put out for public use (which was a shock for me personally if you think of how long there was no feedback to the begging community from any webOS developer), I am still interested in what your work will be at last! And I think people will appreciate your work as well, considering the fact that you had to suffer from us nagging users, but regardless of that are willing to finish it

I'd say you should take the opportunity, now that we are somewhat pleased with a working client, to finish your work the way you want to. Now you can take your time on this project, and focus on the more important things like family and work.

I do hope nobody feels offended, I'm just trying to thank you, eric, for the effort you put in this project and our community!

Best Regards
    and sorry for my english
    Loiter, tromalas and Proximity like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by krushaaa View Post
    hey herrie,
    you might not have it where ever you live but I can access it perfectly from germany (whatsapi that is).
    Ehm it's not, see:

https://github.com/venomous0x/WhatsAPI

September 19 note:

Sources are unavailable while we have a conversation with WhatsApp's legal team member.

For recent changes, refer to the Change Log
    still waiting for eblade's version. I hope maybe his version can connect when in sleep mode.
    But otherwise, just to support his great effort!

go eblade!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Two is always better than one.
    People then may choose.
    I like the fact that amoralico has managed to integrate file transfer and group chat, something that did not exist even in native apps.
    However I'd prefer a synergy based app, which could run in the background something that I think eblade is working on.
    The best for the community would be for the two devs to combine their efforts but I don't have a clue if their efforts are compatible and if they wish to do it.
    So, to answer to eblade. You should go on, either alone or by co-operating with amoralico if you both wish it.

Thanks again for all your efforts.
    I still love my Pre but I'm thinking about the future and you people help me postpone the migration to another OS which would surely suck compared to webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post
    WhatsApp messenger is a smartphone to smartphone messenger currently available for iPhone, BlackBerry and Nokia phones only. The application utilizes push notifications to instantly get messages from friends, colleagues and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages at no cost. All features are included in our base price without the need for extra in-application purchases.

WHY USE WHATSAPP VS. OTHER SOLUTIONS:

* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.

* MMS: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends. (iPhone 3GS required to send and save video)

* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.

* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.

* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.

* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list. (You can of course always edit Favorites any way you like)

* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.

* STATUS: Use the status feature of WhatsApp to inform your contacts if you are busy, in a meeting, at the gym, or available for a chat.

* AND MUCH MORE: Share location, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Precise message time stamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and MMS to many contacts at once and much much more!

________

Guys! Don't you think this app is superior to other IM app/platforms?

I especially like the fact that it uses the phone number instead of a username.

It's as simple as SMS texting but free!
    IMO the "No hidden cost" thing was an outright lie already, at least on the Android version it is. Officially the Android version is free, but is subscription based, vs the iPhone version it was a one time fee.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here