Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes
    I'm liking the middle one too. A speech bubble with a phone in it resembles pretty much all other communication/messaging apps, so its nice to be able to tell them apart. I haven't really looked at he official icon, and my android is at home while I'm on the road :-)

of course now I'm getting some enthusiasm back for the project as we head into my busy busy weekend. Argh :-). IF / When I get that data reading part to rock solid, I'll probably put out a version that just does text, and we can work it from there. But we can't have the service crashing whenever someone sends you a message that it doesn't fully understand, that's just bad bad Mojo.. So that's gotta get taken care of.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    When I get that data reading part to rock solid...
    YEAH! Go Eric!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Rnp and Vistaus like this.
    Does Whazaa! support WhatsApp-encrypted messages they started to use since August?
    Great work! Cant wait to try the first release!
    You will receive a donation soon!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Regarding the Icon, Why if instead of the Whatsapp Telephone you use the webOS Telephone Icon?
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    Regarding the Icon, Why if instead of the Whatsapp Telephone you use the webOS Telephone Icon?
    thats funny because I wanted to do exactly this and the WhatsApp phone has the exact same shape as the one from the phone app in webOS
    or do you mean the whole icon with the half circle waves?
    I ment the Icon with the half circles waves but with a green background like whatsapp.

It would be like merging the telephone icon with the half circle waves with a green background.
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    Nokia 1100
    That was a killer dumbphone, unbeatable in my point of view: Black and white screen, that's CLASS! I had one somet time ago, before converting to the (struggling) smartphone religion, and its battery would last A WEEK. Not to mention had fast and easily one could operate it.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    thenyboy likes this.
    It seems that Whatsapp people have made changes in their servers last weekend. Various friends of mine have had problems with ther licensed clients and I cannot login into my account using Java S40 client since Saturday morning. I receive a not-authorized failure.

Any of you have the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by amoralico View Post
    It seems that Whatsapp people have made changes in their servers last weekend.
    Indeed - I've posted about that in the other thread (I prefer this one, but Eric's there too). To sum up: This time it looks uglier than before...

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    As much as I am under peer pressure by my friends for WhatsApp, I really don't like all my contacts going to the company.
    How did you solve this? Still uploading all contacts with all fields like in iOS? Otherwise it would be an idea, to just upload the Contact and Mobile number for the contacts you want to contact in WhatsApp.... Like play a little dumb for the servers. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    As much as I am under peer pressure by my friends for WhatsApp
    Me too. In fact, people like to laugh at me because I don't have such a commodity. All I can say is that I have SMS, like everyone else. Their response is that, with SMS, they can't send me fifty silly messages per day.

I really don't like all my contacts going to the company.
    That's a scandal, flat out. But what's worse is that people don't realize or care, either.

How did you solve this?
    Well, there's no need: The protocol itself doesn't need at all the details of anyone to send him/her a message, just his/her phone number. If the original WhatsApp sucks in your entire contacts list, it's not to make it work, but for some kind of profit, obviously.

See [Announce] Wazapp Public Beta for N9 - Page 412 - maemo.org - Talk

It seems that the famous 2 bytes that caused the issues last time might be the culprit again this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    See [Announce]Wazapp Public Beta for N9 - Page 412 - maemo.org - Talk. It seems that the famous 2 bytes that caused the issues last time might be the culprit again this time?
    I see... Who knows, perhaps we have to follow this"knobtviker" guy, to see if he is able to crack it again. Nice people, those Maemo guys. Plenty of noise too, but that's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I see... Who knows, perhaps we have to follow this"knobtviker" guy, to see if he is able to crack it again. Nice people, those Maemo guys. Plenty of noise too, but that's normal.
    It might be an idea to put multiple options in the code and have the user select them in the options? Alternatively it might be good if the app would do a try/catch with the various options, so if option 1 stops working, it will try option 2 or 3?
    That would be nice indeed!

Like:
    if up=static.option1 connect{imei}
    else=static.option2 connect{crack by that meego guy}
    if down=print{"Here is the link to the thread on webOS Nation. Go complain there!!! "}

(but then in real code of course, I do know a bit Python though (and HTML))
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    C.Desjardins commited to the WhatsAPI git 3 hours ago, changing these 2 bytes.

https://github.com/cdesjardins/Whats...4e58c46e2a6b72

Is it possible to reference to these bytes in static.options3 connect{and include WhatsAPI-bits}?

cheers,
    Proximity

// Well you'll need to follow every fork of WhatsAPI to get the most up-to-date bytes : (
    Last edited by Proximity; 09/10/2012 at 06:40 AM.
    Even after making that change, I am merely getting "not-authorized" as my login response. I was not able to use the standard methods of verifying correct password until I updated the User-Agent to also equal the same one that I registered with (probably accepts anything reasonably modern, previously, my registration/verification scripts were claiming to be v2.6, now they are claiming v2.8 and working).

... edit: oh, garshdarnit, i've been editing the wrong file. I'm back online now.

... anyone know if there's been an update to any of the official clients? I'm curious how the regular clients know what to send there.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    amoralico likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    ... anyone know if there's been an update to any of the official clients? I'm curious how the regular clients know what to send there.
    Yes, about a week ago there was an update for the s60 (Nokia) client. Right after that I saw the first posts that the none-official clients stopped working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximity View Post
    C.Desjardins commited to the WhatsAPI git 3 hours ago, changing these 2 bytes.

https://github.com/cdesjardins/Whats...4e58c46e2a6b72

Is it possible to reference to these bytes in static.options3 connect{and include WhatsAPI-bits}?

cheers,
    Proximity

// Well you'll need to follow every fork of WhatsAPI to get the most up-to-date bytes : (
    It worked for us. Good work.